View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 05:31 PM   #3
Stream
meds twice daily

The tunneling has started. It will be a while, but this guy does what he says he will do. The Ironman movie character took inspiration from his life. Nice to see someone not accepting limitations and creating things that nobody else has. I like how he just keeps going, not stopping after one success but continuing on to the next mission. Not many people can do it at that scale.

http://www.newsweek.com/elon-musk-sh...788?yptr=yahoo

Quote:
“Traffic is driving me nuts. Am going to build a tunnel boring machine and just start digging…” he tweeted on Dec. 17. “I am actually going to do this,” he added, two hours later.

Originally, the entrepreneur began digging underneath his SpaceX’s headquarters in Hawthorne, California. But, in August he got approval from the Hawthorne City Council to start digging a test tunnel off of his company’s property, the Daily Breeze reports.

Los Angeles isn’t the only city with “soul-destroying traffic” that Musk hopes to improve. Ultimately, he plans to provide travel between New York and DC in less than 30 minutes, according to the Boring Company. On Oct. 20, he received conditional approval to start digging on the east coast, The Washington Post reports.

The Boring Company’s utility permit granted to them by the Maryland Department of Transportation will allow the company to dig about 10 miles of tunnels under a specific section of the Baltimore-Washington Parkway, Doug Mayer, a spokesperson for Gov. Larry Hogan, told The Washington Post.

"The darkness of maya is silently approaching. Let us hie homeward within." - Swami Sri Yukteswar
Stream is offline   Reply With Quote