A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Discussion Categories > Magic of Music

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2017, 04:35 AM   #1
Henrique
Registered User
 
Henrique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Garça-SP, Brasil
Posts: 18
Mahamrityunjaya Mantra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXwYocPfI48

Henrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:08 PM   #2
Adhikari
आत्मन्
 
Adhikari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 1,015
ॐ त्र्यम्बकं यजामहे
सुगन्धिं पुष्टिवर्धनम्
उर्वारुकमिव बन्धनान्
मृत्योर्मुक्षीय मामृतात् ॥
Om Try-Ambakam Yajaamahe
Sugandhim Pusstti-Vardhanam
Urvaarukam-Iva Bandhanaan
Mrtyor-Mukssiiya Maa-[A]mrtaat ||

Meaning:
1: Om, We Worship the Three-Eyed One (Lord Shiva),
2: Who is Fragrant (Spiritual Essence) and Who Nourishes all beings.
3: May He sever our Bondage of Samsara (Worldly Life), like a Cucumber (severed from the bondage of its Creeper), ...
4: ... and thus Liberate us from the Fear of Death, by making us realize that we are never separated from our Immortal Nature.
__________________
Think ye in thy heart, lotus feet of thy Guru, If you want to cross the ocean of delusion. Shaming the white lotus in purity, beyond all duality, Guru, image of Brahma, deliver us from delusion.
-Cosmic Chants
Adhikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:13 PM   #3
Henrique
Registered User
 
Henrique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Garça-SP, Brasil
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhikari View Post
ॐ त्र्यम्बकं यजामहे
सुगन्धिं पुष्टिवर्धनम्
उर्वारुकमिव बन्धनान्
मृत्योर्मुक्षीय मामृतात् ॥
Om Try-Ambakam Yajaamahe
Sugandhim Pusstti-Vardhanam
Urvaarukam-Iva Bandhanaan
Mrtyor-Mukssiiya Maa-[A]mrtaat ||

Meaning:
1: Om, We Worship the Three-Eyed One (Lord Shiva),
2: Who is Fragrant (Spiritual Essence) and Who Nourishes all beings.
3: May He sever our Bondage of Samsara (Worldly Life), like a Cucumber (severed from the bondage of its Creeper), ...
4: ... and thus Liberate us from the Fear of Death, by making us realize that we are never separated from our Immortal Nature.

Adhikari, very good!
Henrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:12 AM   #4
yogagirl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: France
Posts: 151
Thank you henrique and Adhikari!
After listening to the lovely music Henrique posted, I was wondering about understanding Hindu.
Is it difficult for us heathens to learn?
I think I'd like to start by learning the cosmic chants in Hindu. I wouldn't be able to learn a new alphabet, though, till I've retired.
yogagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:58 AM   #5
sulmonte
Registered User
 
sulmonte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 927
YG - this is Sanskrit I guess. This is powerful Mantra - I know by heart and do use this very often. Sometimes even in sleep. MC said it is ok!

Here another powerful Version!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adyjwFgXRNY
sulmonte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:50 AM   #6
Henrique
Registered User
 
Henrique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Garça-SP, Brasil
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogagirl View Post
Thank you henrique and Adhikari!
After listening to the lovely music Henrique posted, I was wondering about understanding Hindu.
Is it difficult for us heathens to learn?
I think I'd like to start by learning the cosmic chants in Hindu. I wouldn't be able to learn a new alphabet, though, till I've retired.

Sanskrit, it is very difficult to learn. =/

Henrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:50 AM   #7
Henrique
Registered User
 
Henrique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Garça-SP, Brasil
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulmonte View Post
YG - this is Sanskrit I guess. This is powerful Mantra - I know by heart and do use this very often. Sometimes even in sleep. MC said it is ok!

Here another powerful Version!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adyjwFgXRNY
Henrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:14 PM   #8
rasa
The it one
 
rasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique View Post
Sanskrit, it is very difficult to learn. =/

Hearing the same mantra over and over again. Before long it is committed to memory.
__________________
O God, contemplated in the heart, Thou art most delightful, the supporter of the yajna, the best of the gladdeners, and refulgent. Thou art still conquering, never subdued ! -Sama Veda
rasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.