A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Discussion Categories > What's Happening

Old 09-30-2017, 06:10 AM   #281
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Perfection - Birthday of Lahiri Mahasaya

I am ever with those who practice Kriya. I will guide you to the Cosmic Home through your ever enlarging spiritual perceptions.

Lahiri Mahasaya
Autobiography of a Yogi
Old 10-01-2017, 06:00 AM   #282
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Balance

Mahavatar Babaji to Lahiri Mahasaya: "The millions who are encumbered by family ties and heavy worldly duties will take new heart from you, a householder like themselves....A sweet new breath of divine hope will penetrate the arid hearts of worldly men. From your balanced life, they will understand that liberation is dependent on inner, rather than outer, renunciations."

Mahavatar Babaji
Autobiography of a Yogi
Old 10-02-2017, 06:02 AM   #283
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Balance

Not through a desultory life but through a regular and balanced life will you receive the blessings of the Masters. Then evil will never use you as an instrument.

Paramahansa Yogananda
in a talk to disciples
Old 10-03-2017, 04:59 AM   #284
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Balance

When you work for God, not self, it is just as good as meditation. Then work helps your meditation and meditation helps your work. You need the balance. With meditation only, you become lazy. With activity only, the mind becomes worldly and you forget God.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Sayings of Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 10-04-2017, 06:30 AM   #285
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Balance

Do not make unimportant things important, nor concentrate on trifles at the expense of vital matters, or you will hamper your progress. Impulsive actions that are not in keeping with one's real duties are undesirable.

Paramahansa Yogananda
in a Para-gram
Old 10-05-2017, 04:56 AM   #286
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Balance

Whether you are suffering in this life, or smiling with opulence and power, your consciousness should remain unchanged. If you can accomplish evenmindedness, nothing can ever hurt you. The lives of all great masters show that they have achieved this blessed state.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest
Old 10-06-2017, 09:52 AM   #287
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Balance

I will be calmly active, actively calm. I will not become lazy and mentally ossified. Nor will I be overactive, able to earn money but unable to enjoy life. I will meditate regularly to maintain true balance

Paramahansa Yogananda
Metaphysical Meditations
Old 10-07-2017, 06:14 AM   #288
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Balance

The material and the spiritual are but two parts of one universe and one truth. By overstressing one part or the other, man fails to achieve the balance necessary for harmonious development....Practice the art of living in this world without losing your inner peace of mind. Follow the path of balance to reach the inner wondrous garden of Self-realization.

Paramahansa Yogananda
in a Para-gram
Old 10-08-2017, 05:58 AM   #289
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Balance

Do not confuse understanding with a larger vocabulary. Sacred writings are beneficial in stimulating desire for inward realization, if one stanza at a time is slowly assimilated. Otherwise, continual intellectual study may result in vanity, false satisfaction, and undigested knowledge.

Swami Sri Yukteswar
in Autobiography of a Yogi
Old 10-09-2017, 06:23 AM   #290
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Balance

Though you must remain in the world, be not of the world. Real yogis can talk and mingle with people, but all the while their minds are rapt in God.

Paramahansa Yogananda
SRF Lessons
Old 10-10-2017, 05:09 AM   #291
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Balance

Millions of people live a one-sided life and pass on in incompleteness. God has given each of us a soul, a mind, and a body, which we should try to develop uniformly. If you have led a life dominated by worldly influences, do not let the world impose its delusions on you any longer. You should control your own life henceforth; you should become the ruler of your own mental kingdom. Fears, worries, discontent, and unhappiness all result from a life uncontrolled by wisdom.

Paramahansa Yogananda
SRF Lessons
Old 10-10-2017, 11:36 PM   #292
TSV Raghavan

Spiritual diary

Exactly. One must look within oneself to acquire the needed

wisdom to control and regulate one's life towards liberation and

self realization.
TSV Raghavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:35 AM   #293
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Courage

Look fear in the face and it will cease to trouble you.

Swami Sri Yukteswar
in Autobiography of a Yogi
Old 10-12-2017, 05:26 AM   #294
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Courage

I know now that I am a lion of cosmic power. Bleating no more, I shake the error forest with reverberations of Thine almighty voice. In divine freedom I bound through the jungle of earthly delusions, devouring the little creatures of vexing worries and timidities, and the wild hyenas of disbelief. O Lion of Liberation ever send through me Thy roar of all-conquering courage.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Whispers From Eternity
Old 10-13-2017, 06:31 AM   #295
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Courage

Teach me to be tenaciously and cautiously courageous instead of often being afraid. I will fear nothing except myself, when I try to deceive my conscience.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Metaphysical Meditations
Old 10-14-2017, 06:27 AM   #296
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Courage

In education not enough stress is laid upon the need for courage in the character. We must learn to endure. And the only way to learn is by enduring. In courage one sees the brilliant triumph of the soul over the flesh.

Sri Gyanamata
God Alone: The Life and Letters of a Saint
Old 10-15-2017, 06:47 AM   #297
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Courage

Do not take life's experiences too seriously. Above all, do not let them hurt you, for in reality they are nothing but dream experiences....If circumstances are bad and you have to bear them, do not make them a part of yourself. Play your part in life, but never forget it is only a role. What you lose in the world will not be a loss to your soul. Trust in God and destroy fear, which paralyzes all efforts to succeed and attracts the very thing you fear.

Paramahansa Yogananda
in a Para-gram
Old 10-16-2017, 06:22 AM   #298
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Courage

I laugh at all fears, for my Father-Mother, beloved God, is attentively awake and present everywhere with the deliberate purpose of protecting me from the temptations of evil.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Metaphysical Meditations
Old 10-17-2017, 05:25 AM   #299
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Courage

Fearlessness means faith in God: faith in His protection, His justice, His wisdom, His mercy, His love, and His omnipresence....To be fit for Self-realization, man must be fearless.

Paramahansa Yogananda
God Talks With Arjuna: The Bhagavad Gita
Old 10-18-2017, 05:57 AM   #300
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Courage

The wise devotee should be cautious, rather than afraid. He should cultivate a courageous spirit, without rashly exposing himself to conditions that may arouse apprehensions.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Self-Realization Magazine
Old 10-19-2017, 04:48 AM   #301
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Courage

I have bled for Thy Name; and for Thy Name's sake I am willing ever to bleed. Like a mighty warrior, with gory limbs, injured body, wounded honor, and a thorn crown of derision, undismayed I fight on. My scars I wear as roses of courage, of inspiration to persevere in the battle against evil. I may continue to suffer blows on my arms outstretched to help others, and receive persecution instead of love, but my soul shall ever bask in the sunshine of Thy blessings, O Lord. Thou dost guide Thy soldier's campaigns that conquer for Thee the lands of human hearts now oppressed by sadness.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Whispers From Eternity
Old 10-20-2017, 06:41 AM   #302
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Courage

Fear nothing else, but try to fear fear....Remember, no matter what your tests are, you are not too weak to fight. God will not suffer you to be tempted more than you are able to bear.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Self-Realization Magazine
Old Yesterday, 06:27 AM   #303
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Overcoming Temptation

The worst of all temptations is restlessness. It is evil because it keeps your attention on the world and thus causes you to remain in ignorance of God. If you meditate regularly, you will be with God all the time.

Paramahansa Yogananda
SRF Lessons
Old Today, 06:36 AM   #304
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Overcoming Temptation

Evil has its power. If you side with it, it will hold you. When you make a misstep, return immediately to the ways of righteousness.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Sayings of Paramahansa Yogananda