A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Welcome > Meet the Members

Old 10-27-2017, 07:11 AM   #41
casco

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
I am from Rajastan, a desert region. But I grew up in the south, Tamil Nadu, which ranges from tropical to semi-arid, depending on which side of the Western Ghats and how near you are.

India is a beautiful country, so varied in every sense, and so old and wise. The people are generally very calm and mild and patient. The country is changing by leaps and bounds. It has really embraced the digital innovations, so will be changing faster and faster, and hopefully, it will never lose it's spiritual heritage and thought.

I do hope you will be able to visit there as well. It is very cheap to travel once you are there. The most expensive part is the airfare. Make sure you connect with YSS there prior to travelling, so you can benefit from visiting Guruji's places as well.

My condolences regarding your dad's passing away. Guruji says to send our departed ones love and light to guide them on their onward journey. I am glad you are being surrounded by love and beautiful kind thoughts from people at this time.

Just visited your blog. You are so beautiful and your eyes are full of light. Your mother was right - you are light.
You live so faraway from where you are from now, I was checking on the map, India is so huge and so rich! do you speak Tamil? I love learning new languages, do you speak Hindi? I know a few words in Hindi. I will definitely plan my trip in order to visit Guruji's places. I was also thinking of going as a volunteer at a school in Bangalore. They offer accommodations and it must be a great experience. We'll see what happens, I will let you know when I come :-)
Thanks for your words, they really lift my spirits!!
casco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:13 AM   #42
casco

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheoli View Post
Casco

I am so, so sorry to hear about your dad...Know that Guruji is there to take care of your dad...

Please accept a big hug from my end!

Take care & divine love in lots
Sheoli
Thank you Sheoli! :-) Big warm hug to you too
Old 10-27-2017, 07:17 AM   #43
casco

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusflower View Post
Condolances on your Dad, Claudia, it must be hard on you. Your mother looks so sweet on the pictures in your blog. Can imagine you miss her a lot!

In divine friendship,
Thank you, lotusflower, my mom was a wonderful soul in constant quest of supreme love, I got closer to God through her. She was sweet also, and yes I do miss her, a lot! I miss our long conversations and her warmy hugs, but somehow I don't feel like she passed away, her energy seems to be still present.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:22 AM   #44
casco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
It sounds like a very natural landscape for sure. Rainforest amazing! I wonder what kind of animals are there too. Is there a lot of bad politics going on then?

I'm very behind where it comes to things like Instagram. I always just thought it was a site where people put pictures of themselves up.

The great thing about curry and Indian food is that it goes a really long way in vegetarian cooking. Dhal is also great. I get you about cooking, really I do. I do like to cook but not all the time. Also when you are single or live alone it can be pretty hard to know what food to get for just one person. When I find myself alone I buy fruits like bananas etc as they are good for you and go quite a long way.

I don't want to get onto the subject of food but when I think about what humans have discovered in nature and created from it food wise, it is really quite extraordinary.
Well, it is a site where people post a lot of pictures of themselves... but it also has beautiful photos.
Nothing like eating fruits, almonds, nuts and all of that good stuff! and I wish I didn't love food as muchas I do, I'm a tad bit greedy I must say
Old 10-27-2017, 07:27 AM   #45
casco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
I too wish you much strength at this difficult time. Do you have family to fall back on in Paraguay?
Thanks stream... I was the only child and I was raised by my mother alone, I got closer to dad after she passed but now he's gone after 3 years. Grannies all gone... and I'm by myself now, which makes it so challenging! but I received so much love from friends during this time, and I realized I'm not alone, they are my family.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:33 AM   #46
Stream
meds twice daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by casco View Post
Thanks stream... I was the only child and I was raised by my mother alone, I got closer to dad after she passed but now he's gone after 3 years. Grannies all gone... and I'm by myself now, which makes it so challenging! but I received so much love from friends during this time, and I realized I'm not alone, they are my family.
That is a difficult test, Casco. There's much inner strength in your positive attitude. It's good that you have a family of friends. Cling to Master, ok? SRF is your larger family. Hang in there. It will all work out.

"The darkness of maya is silently approaching. Let us hie homeward within." - Swami Sri Yukteswar
Stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:00 AM   #47
Dave

I came across the name Casco yesterday while surfing the net.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:47 AM   #48
casco

Quote:
I came across the name Casco yesterday while surfing the net.
Oh did you, what did it say. Casco is my mother's last name. Her name was Maria Angelica Casco. My full name is Claudia Cabrera Casco. We use both in Paraguay. I am more familiar with Casco so I use it more.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:53 AM   #49
casco

Quote:
That is a difficult test, Casco. There's much inner strength in your positive attitude. It's good that you have a family of friends. Cling to Master, ok? SRF is your larger family. Hang in there. It will all work out.

It is very difficult, battles are scary but I cling to Master, Thank you!... he is my super hero! My life wouldn't be the same without him at this point, he came into my life in the most beautiful way and I love him so. Thanks for your words, it will work out, amen to that!
Old 10-27-2017, 11:58 AM   #50
Dave

Quote:
Oh did you, what did it say. Casco is my mother's last name. Her name was Maria Angelica Casco. My full name is Claudia Cabrera Casco. We use both in Paraguay. I am more familiar with Casco so I use it more.
It was a news item of a politician somewhere with the surname Casco, reading out something for the TV cameras, a still picture.

I also came across the name Claudia in something I read earlier.

It's funny how life works that way. It does my head in sometimes!
Old 10-27-2017, 12:10 PM   #51
casco

Quote:
It was a news item of a politician somewhere with the surname Casco, reading out something for the TV cameras, a still picture.

I also came across the name Claudia in something I read earlier.

It's funny how life works that way. It does my head in sometimes!
lol what do you think it must be? it does your head in, ok, Casco means helmet in Spanish.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:23 PM   #52
Dave

Quote:
lol what do you think it must be? it does your head in, ok, Casco means helmet in Spanish.
I was referring to "strange" coincidences that do my brain in!

My mind is warped by strange coincidences, and I assume with some knowledge that this kind of thing happens to almost everyone on a daily basis. The difference is that I take it too personally and mostly everybody else doesn't.

Old 10-27-2017, 01:14 PM   #53
Stream
meds twice daily

Quote:
It is very difficult, battles are scary but I cling to Master, Thank you!... he is my super hero! My life wouldn't be the same without him at this point, he came into my life in the most beautiful way and I love him so. Thanks for your words, it will work out, amen to that!
One great thing about our superhero is that he will not allow us to be tested beyond our capacity to handle it. Maybe there is a reason that you were freed from family obligations early in life. Would you ever consider the life of a nun, or is that too early to say?

"The darkness of maya is silently approaching. Let us hie homeward within." - Swami Sri Yukteswar
Stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:29 PM   #54
casco

Quote:
One great thing about our superhero is that he will not allow us to be tested beyond our capacity to handle it. Maybe there is a reason that you were freed from family obligations early in life. Would you ever consider the life of a nun, or is that too early to say?
I do believe everything happens for a reason, I think I'm a bit far from the life of a nun right now, who knows, maybe it is just too early to say...
Old 10-27-2017, 01:31 PM   #55
casco

Quote:
I was referring to "strange" coincidences that do my brain in!

My mind is warped by strange coincidences, and I assume with some knowledge that this kind of thing happens to almost everyone on a daily basis. The difference is that I take it too personally and mostly everybody else doesn't.

I love coincidences and synchronicities!, I've experienced wonderful coincidences in my life :-) I don't always take them personally though, but I believe everything is connected.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:46 AM   #56
simple

Quote:
You live so faraway from where you are from now, I was checking on the map, India is so huge and so rich! do you speak Tamil? I love learning new languages, do you speak Hindi? I know a few words in Hindi. I will definitely plan my trip in order to visit Guruji's places. I was also thinking of going as a volunteer at a school in Bangalore. They offer accommodations and it must be a great experience. We'll see what happens, I will let you know when I come :-)
Thanks for your words, they really lift my spirits!!
I speak Tamil and Hindi. It is wonderful you know some Hindi. You seem to have a real knack for languages. In most parts of India, speaking English will work out just fine.

When you visit India, ask Guruji to show you his India and to guide you to the right places. Then everything will be just right.

In Guruji,
simple
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:08 PM   #57
Dave

Quote:
I love coincidences and synchronicities!, I've experienced wonderful coincidences in my life :-) I don't always take them personally though, but I believe everything is connected.
Yeah, you seem to have hit the nail on the head there. When I am stressed, these syncrhonicities get me down and I tend to take them a bit too personally. But when I feel good or normal, they are wonderful things that happen. And it does show that everything is connected, as you say.

I suppose I just feel uncomfortable with the idea that God and other human beings can read my mind and feel my feelings. God not so much or really, but other humans, that gets me down. I know there are a lot of people out there that have telepathic abilities, it is quite common. When I take it personally I know I shouldn't but I do.

So I link synchronicity with telepathy sometimes. I know that when I'm feeling down, synchronicity seems to happen more often, which is a weird thing.

I see it as God's way of communication with his human subjects!