A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Welcome > About the Board

Old 03-27-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
Delsol
Administrator

Exclamation Moving site to new host

Hello!

Please know my husband is in the process of moving this website (among several others we have) to a new host. The old host was getting slow. As a result, you may experience some slowness or even downtime as he gets things up and running smoothly again at the new place. Thank you for your patience!

s.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
ashok garekar

old are always slow !
Old 03-29-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
Delsol
Administrator

Tee hee hee!

Yes, yes, slow but... so charming! (grin)

The new machine will have a lot more speed - not because it is new, but because there will be fewer sites on it - thousands less, actually. I'll let everyone know when the move has been made!

Old 03-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
Snow Angel

And I thought it was something wrong with my computer!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:06 AM   #5
Irihapeti

Thank you sounds interesting, and I have just got myself a new compter so spoilt. God Bless you. In Divine Friendship and Love.
Irihapeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:07 AM   #6
Irihapeti

I meant computer my spelling is terrible! its all this excitement at my age!!!!!
Irihapeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:41 AM   #7
thisbody

Is this (moving the site to new host) the reason, why we have ADS on the page now (Google Ad Sense)? I am sure, this makes any page slower...

Just a thought.
thisbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #8
Delsol
Administrator

It is unrelated. The ads are because vBulletin imposed a $200 upgrade liscence fee last week, which I had to pay else let the software become outdated and unsupported. Normally this fee is not so high; we just pay it and move on. But, you may have heard of the recession in America? People are making less, and companies are charging more. As a result, and because this is a hobby site, meaning it generates zero revenue, my husband suggested I try to have it at least cover some of its own costs else we might have to let this 'hobby' go.

P.S. The move has not taken place yet. Once it has, those little ads won't make a bit of difference in speed. For the record, I don't like them either, but until the economy picks up we have to tighten our belts a bit. Not a big deal in the bigger scheme of things, no?
Old 04-03-2011, 11:12 AM   #9
sheoli

Delsol,if I understood right,you paid $200 for keeping this Board alive.You have done such a sweet & big thing for us...God bless you.We have made so many friendships on this site...thanks to you,Delsol.
God bless you & your family & friends & to everyone around!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 02:54 AM   #10
thisbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsol View Post
It is unrelated. The ads are because vBulletin imposed a $200 upgrade liscence fee last week, which I had to pay else let the software become outdated and unsupported. Normally this fee is not so high; we just pay it and move on. But, you may have heard of the recession in America? People are making less, and companies are charging more. As a result, and because this is a hobby site, meaning it generates zero revenue, my husband suggested I try to have it at least cover some of its own costs else we might have to let this 'hobby' go.

P.S. The move has not taken place yet. Once it has, those little ads won't make a bit of difference in speed. For the record, I don't like them either, but until the economy picks up we have to tighten our belts a bit. Not a big deal in the bigger scheme of things, no?
To be honest, that's exactly, why I brought up this question. Maybe, you ought to receive more thanks than most people are just being aware of. Of course, 'Big Bro Google' is watching, but what the heck, as far as I'm concerned... cannot be evaded in this world, just as of yet, but Babylon Tower has started crumbling, at least in some of our hearts, and that is the good news. ;-)

Thank you Shannon - and may God and Gurus always bless you and yours.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:47 AM   #11
chris
Administrator

testing post on the new host (site should be a lot faster, this is on a dedicated server)..... Peace!

feedback welcome especially if you do really find this new server a lot faster...
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:03 AM   #12
thisbody

Thank you, Chris, to me it appears much faster now than it did earlier today.
Keep up the good work, please.

Best regards!

Old 04-07-2011, 05:42 AM   #13
Delsol
Administrator

Dear rajakrsna, the board may go up and down a few times yet over the next few days before all is settled! Have no worries, though. It will not go permanently 'kaboom' yet. (knock on wood)

Thank you Sheloi and Thisbody!

Thank you Christophe! You're AWESOME, and I love you.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #14
mccoy
supernal user

Congratulations to Shannon and Christophe.

Response looks real quick now.
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #15
pachiaammos

The time on my screen is now showing from some peculiar zone that is neither my own nor yours in California. Will this become corrected? Will we get our own zones back?
Old 04-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #16
Delsol
Administrator

Thank you Wade. I will bring that up when the 'time is right'. (smile) We are not yet sure the site shall remain on the current machine. The next day or two will be telling.