A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Welcome > About the Board

Old 07-30-2011, 01:38 AM   #1
EntityX
Brain User

Strange Characters Seen In Certain Threads [Resolved]

I noticed that in certain threads you see some unusual characters that don't belong. In the thread by Delsol about posting guidelines I see them. Is there some setting I can adjust to eliminate this? I'm attaching a screenshot to show what it looks like to me. Maybe some other members see that thread the same way. Click on the image to enlarge.

Edit Entry : I just looked at that thread using Google Chrome and Firefox and it looks the same as it did using IE 9 so obviously it doesn't have to do with the browser.
Attached Images
File Type: png GuidelinesYoganandaji.png (43.0 KB, 38 views)

"You may try many ways to find God, but He will elude you until you pour forth great love to Him from your heart." SRF Lesson 78/1 p. 1

"Every sorrow and hurt has brought me closer to God." SRF Magazine

"I can teach you how to be perpetually interested in being ever newly happy." Man's Eternal Quest p. 325

Last edited by EntityX; 07-30-2011 at 11:31 AM.
EntityX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:52 AM   #2
Adhikari
आत्मन्

I saw them too. But they disappeared when I switched the "view" setting for "character encoding" to UTF-8.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
EntityX
Brain User

Thanks, that did the trick. I noticed that the setting doesn't stay. If you browse to another page it switches out of UTF-8. Not that big of a deal though. Whenever I see that problem I'll just switch to UTF-8

"You may try many ways to find God, but He will elude you until you pour forth great love to Him from your heart." SRF Lesson 78/1 p. 1

"Every sorrow and hurt has brought me closer to God." SRF Magazine

"I can teach you how to be perpetually interested in being ever newly happy." Man's Eternal Quest p. 325

EntityX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #4
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntityX View Post
Thanks, that did the trick. I noticed that the setting doesn't stay. If you browse to another page it switches out of UTF-8. Not that big of a deal though. Whenever I see that problem I'll just switch to UTF-8
In Firefox you have to go to Tools, then Options, then Content. Next click on the Advanced button. There is an option for Default Character Encoding. Pick the the setting you desire, and you're good to go.

I'm not sure of the steps in IE, but its probably something similar.