A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Welcome > About the Board

Old 10-31-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
Delsol
Administrator

Whoops!

My apologies to anyone who noticed the site being down last night.

The domain name registration had expired; I simply forgot to renew it!

It was renewed first thing this morning; all should be well now.

Happy Halloween!

Shannon
Old 10-31-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
Striving
Banat, banat, ban jai.

Thanks Shannon.

For all the effort you put into this site, and kudos to you and the moderators for keeping it a harmonious place to discuss.
"Be not afraid, child of Eternal Lightning. March on with unperturbed steady steps, elbowing your way through a million darknesses. Why, what is the Body? What is this passing show? They are soon gone. But the candles you are lighting and burning in your Father's house will show you the way here and hereafter. Stand by God and His servant, and you will see His hand working through all things."

-PY
Striving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Thanks Shannon, for letting us know. I noticed it was down for a while, but it seemed to be only for an hour or so.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:15 PM   #4
Nilima

I noticed it early this morning. The really weird thing is yesterday afternoon I began to wonder what would happen if the site crashed and everyone lost their posts. I wondered if you had a back-up of the site - if that's possible? When there were problems connecting this morning, I thought, "Oh no, I'm too late - I should have saved my posts!"
Nilima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:07 PM   #5
Delsol
Administrator

Hi Nilima! The site is backed-up regularly by the hosting company and would be mostly recoverable should all be lost, but... it doesn't hurt to get any contact info for people you might wish to keep in touch with or make copies of posts you'd want to save just in case I die or am crippled in a car wreck. My husband is a good sport about this site, but I doubt he would keep it going should anything happen to me - and he would not have the time to respond to requests.

By the way, the same is true for anything on the web - or even your own PC; everyone should always make copies of anything they wish to keep long term!

Old 11-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
ashok garekar

thanks God & Guru ...ofcourse Delsol