A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Welcome > About the Board

Old 08-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
EntityX
Brain User

Posts Displayed Per Page

I use VBForums which is set up similar to Yoganandaji.org. They also use vBulletin but I noticed they're using Version 3.8.1 and 3.8.0 is used here. Anyway a major difference between the two sites is that at VBForums you'll see 40 posts per page whereas here you only see 15 posts per page. It's not that big of a deal but in my opinion it would be better if you could see a greater number of posts per page because it allows for greater continuity in terms of seeing what has been posted. There aren't as many breaks so you can see more of what has been posted before or after some particular post when the number goes above 15 posts for a thread without having to click on a previous page or a following page.

Perhaps you could adjust that easily but if it's a lot of trouble to change then don't bother with it. Others could let us know if they would also prefer more posts per page. Maybe there are some who like fewer posts per page so they like it just the way it is. If it stays the way it is that's fine with me.

I was looking around like for instance in options and I didn't see a way to adjust that personally per user.

"You may try many ways to find God, but He will elude you until you pour forth great love to Him from your heart." SRF Lesson 78/1 p. 1

"Every sorrow and hurt has brought me closer to God." SRF Magazine

"I can teach you how to be perpetually interested in being ever newly happy." Man's Eternal Quest p. 325

EntityX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:01 AM   #2
mccoy
supernal user

I definitely like to have max # of posts on the same page if it's allowed by the program
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:47 AM   #3
Adhikari
आत्मन्

I third the motion of upping the number of posts per page. But possibly it will require a software update.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
Delsol
Administrator

Try it now - I have updated it to 40.

Amazing how time flies! When this board was created, lots of people still used dial-up (remember that?) and had smaller screens. Fifteen posts per page made sense, but- welcome to the year 2011! I think it is alright to increase the number.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
Delsol
Administrator

Liberty, it might be - I will look into it! I am not as excited about that change, though. I always find it irritating to have to go back pages to the beginning of a thread just to see what the topic is about, then read 'upwards' to catch up. Maybe we can vote on it? See what most people prefer? I'll see if I can set a poll up next time I get a minute. I understand what you are saying about scrolling on a mobile. That would be painful.

P.S. Did you know you can instantly go to the 'end' of a discussion - or the last post made - by clicking or touching the little blue arrow? That might work a little better for you in the meantime...
Old 08-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty View Post
Shannon..is it possible to sort the thread? last post is on the top..save all the scrolling? especially with a mobile device
In addition to Shannon's solution, in the "user cp" module, under "edit options" there is an option for controlling how the thread displays. You can show newest first if you want. Its about 4/5 of the way down the page.