A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Welcome > Meet the Members

Old 10-16-2017, 12:21 PM   #1
casco

Smile Hello everyone! :)

How are you today? My name is Claudia, you can call me Casco. I came into this world on September 10th, 1987. I'm from the Heart of South America, Paraguay. It's so good to see there is a forum of fellow disciples of our beloved guru Paramahansa Yogananda from all over the world, I'm very looking forward to making new friends who share the same love
casco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:59 PM   #2
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Glad to have you aboard. This board is growing after the closure of Yogananda.net.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:08 PM   #3
casco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhikari View Post
Glad to have you aboard. This board is growing after the closure of Yogananda.net.
Thanks Adhikari!, well, I didn't know about Yogananda.net... you're from Bronx? cool! I used to go to NY often, I have family in Brooklyn :D
Old 10-17-2017, 01:35 AM   #4
lotusflower

Hi Claudia, nice to see you here on this board
Old 10-17-2017, 06:44 AM   #5
casco

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusflower View Post
Hi Claudia, nice to see you here on this board
Thank you, lotusflower! nice to see you too!, what part of Europe are you from?
Old 10-18-2017, 04:25 AM   #6
lotusflower

Hi Claudia,

I'm from the Netherlands ( North-West in Europe).

IDF, Lotusflower
Old 10-18-2017, 05:56 AM   #7
yogagirl

Hi, Casco!
It's nice to meet you!
yogagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:01 AM   #8
casco

Quote:
Hi Claudia,

I'm from the Netherlands ( North-West in Europe).

IDF, Lotusflower
Holland! nice! alles goed? I have great friends there, and had the chance to visit twice, I really love it!
Old 10-18-2017, 07:02 AM   #9
casco

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogagirl View Post
Hi, Casco!
It's nice to meet you!
Nice to meet you too, yogagirl
Old 10-18-2017, 09:15 AM   #10
lotusflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by casco View Post
Holland! nice! alles goed? I have great friends there, and had the chance to visit twice, I really love it!
Alles is prima. How wonderful that you've been in Holland, Claudia. Are your dutch friends also in SRF?
Do you speak dutch? At least a little that's for sure!
Old 10-18-2017, 01:37 PM   #11
casco

Quote:
Alles is prima. How wonderful that you've been in Holland, Claudia. Are your dutch friends also in SRF?
Do you speak dutch? At least a little that's for sure!
No, they are not. I don't have many friends who follow Yogananda that's why I'm happy to be here

I know some words and phrases in dutch, like...
hoe gaat het,, Ik hou van jou! lekker! twee koffie en een thee, ik ook, ik ben in Amsterdam en ik hev lol met vrienden!

What part of Holland are you from?
Old 10-18-2017, 04:01 PM   #12
Delsol
Administrator

Welcome Casco! So nice to see your smile!
Old 10-18-2017, 05:10 PM   #13
casco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsol View Post
Welcome Casco! So nice to see your smile!
Thank you Delsol, I see this board has been here for so long! So nice to see your radiant face!!
Old 10-19-2017, 02:22 AM   #14
lotusflower

Quote:
No, they are not. I don't have many friends who follow Yogananda that's why I'm happy to be here

I know some words and phrases in dutch, like...
hoe gaat het,, Ik hou van jou! lekker! twee koffie en een thee, ik ook, ik ben in Amsterdam en ik hev lol met vrienden!

What part of Holland are you from?
Wow, your dutch is pretty nice already, Claudia, at least I'm impressed! Where have you been when you visited Holland?
I'm originally from the province Friesland, up in the north, that part of Holland that has it's own language, now I live in the south-east (province Limburg), where they have the soft "G", almost at the banks of the river Maas (my substitute Ganges).

Here in Holland there are not too many devotees yet, but slowly on SRF will grow here as well (I hope).

I'm pleased with having this board as well, to communicate with fellow-devotees. (Have been on the Yogananda-net board for a long time, but that board is gone now).

In which part of Paraguay do you live?

Last edited by lotusflower; 10-20-2017 at 12:06 AM.
lotusflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:37 PM   #15
casco

Talking

Quote:
Wow, your dutch is pretty nice already, Claudia, at least I'm impressed! Where have you been when you visited Holland?
I'm originally from the province Friesland, up in the north, that part of Holland that has it's own language, now I live in the south-west (province Limburg), where they have the soft "G", almost at the banks of the river Maas (my substitute Ganges).

Here in Holland there are not too many devotees yet, but slowly on SRF will grow here as well (I hope).

I'm pleased with having this board as well, to communicate with fellow-devotees. (Have been on the Yogananda-net board for a long time, but that board is gone now).

In which part of Paraguay do you live?
haha Dankje wel, lotusflower. River Maas how beautiful!, I really love Holland, I could hear the difference between the soft G and the strong G... took a road trip from south to north... I stayed in Eindhoven then Amsterdam... visited Utrecht, Rotterdam, Scheveningen, saw the countryside on the road...

I recently moved back to Asuncion, the capital, where I am from, because I moved for a year close to Foz do Iguacu Brazil, where I was working, it was a nice experience.

SRF here is super duper small and most of the members are seniors.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:14 AM   #16
lotusflower

You have seen a fair part of Holland, Claudia, saw a really nice picture of you in Amsterdam on your web-side.

Never been to South-America, from what I've seen on series, pictures etc, it's really nice.

Ik wens een hele fijne dag toe!

IDF
Old 10-20-2017, 01:51 PM   #17
mccoy
supernal user

Hi Casco, welcome on board, there are many very interesting threads in this forum, especially so those started by the user mccoy, you can use the function 'search', and you will learn very much from his wise words, except humbleness, LOL
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:29 PM   #18
Dave

Hi Claudia, I hope you will find many fruitful years of interaction on this forum and make many friends here!
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #19
sheoli

Welcome,Claudia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoy View Post
Hi Casco, welcome on board, there are many very interesting threads in this forum, especially so those started by the user mccoy, you can use the function 'search', and you will learn very much from his wise words, except humbleness, LOL

Hahhaaha! That's a good one, Mccoy. Thank you for being a regular poster on this forum - you kept it alive for quite sometime when the other active posters weren't around.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:27 PM   #20
Dave

Claudia, don't listen to Mccoy, his head is bigger than everybody else's. And he charges money for it, too.

Last edited by Dave; 10-21-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:32 PM   #21
simple

Welcome, Casco. I am new here too. Glad you can join us. Nice to hear of your travels. Hope you can visit SRF temples in the future too.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:50 PM   #22
mccoy
supernal user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Claudia, don't listen to Mccoy, his head is bigger than everybody else's. And he charges money for it, too.
Astral currency Dave, just astral currency!
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:33 AM   #23
casco

Quote:
You have seen a fair part of Holland, Claudia, saw a really nice picture of you in Amsterdam on your web-side.

Never been to South-America, from what I've seen on series, pictures etc, it's really nice.

Ik wens een hele fijne dag toe!

IDF
Dank je wel :-) Ik wens een hele fijne dag toe ook! South America is wild lol especially Paraguay, but wonderful.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:40 AM   #24
casco

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoy View Post
Astral currency Dave, just astral currency!
haha... ok I'll be checking and analyzing, depending on astral results I'll be sending out astral checks okay

Old 10-23-2017, 05:41 AM   #25
casco

Quote:
Hi Claudia, I hope you will find many fruitful years of interaction on this forum and make many friends here!
Thanks Dave!
Old 10-23-2017, 05:42 AM   #26
casco

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheoli View Post
Welcome,Claudia!

Hahhaaha! That's a good one, Mccoy. Thank you for being a regular poster on this forum - you kept it alive for quite sometime when the other active posters weren't around.
Thanks Sheoli!
Old 10-23-2017, 05:43 AM   #27
casco

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
Welcome, Casco. I am new here too. Glad you can join us. Nice to hear of your travels. Hope you can visit SRF temples in the future too.
Hope I get that chance one day!, thank you simple!!, where are you from?
Old 10-24-2017, 10:37 PM   #28
simple

Quote:
Hope I get that chance one day!, thank you simple!!, where are you from?
I am from India. I live in the US. In the past, I have been blessed to lived near SRF temples in California for a few years.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:22 AM   #29
casco

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
I am from India. I live in the US. In the past, I have been blessed to lived near SRF temples in California for a few years.
Visiting India is a dream to me! what part of India? that's awesome!
Old 10-25-2017, 08:54 AM   #30
Dave

I went to Goa, India. Visited a church that had the body of Francis Xavier in an open casket. Something about the air in India seemed different to me. Like it was warm but not stuffy too much, something haunting about it.

I remember walking into a small book shop (there aren't many in India I think) and the woman owner had a Garfield poster on the wall. I looked at it and read it and as I finished I smiled and laughed and turned to the woman and she laughed too.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:39 AM   #31
casco

Quote:
I went to Goa, India. Visited a church that had the body of Francis Xavier in an open casket. Something about the air in India seemed different to me. Like it was warm but not stuffy too much, something haunting about it.

I remember walking into a small book shop (there aren't many in India I think) and the woman owner had a Garfield poster on the wall. I looked at it and read it and as I finished I smiled and laughed and turned to the woman and she laughed too.
Goa, nice! I see there are beautiful beaches over there... India looks haunting from afar too, I mean, in movies, documentaries, pictures, and reading stories about it too... Thank you for sharing your story, I love reading, it makes me picture everything as if I were there!
Old 10-25-2017, 10:25 AM   #32
Dave

Quote:
Goa, nice! I see there are beautiful beaches over there... India looks haunting from afar too, I mean, in movies, documentaries, pictures, and reading stories about it too... Thank you for sharing your story, I love reading, it makes me picture everything as if I were there!
Ah yes the beach, was wonderful. White sands and large waves. Had some fun splashing my brother in the sea.

There was another beach that was next to a small town we were in that had restaurants on it. At night the tide used to come in and the seats we were on had to be evacuated because of the water.

There were stray dogs, some friendly. But apparently there were some dangerous rabid ones around too. You wouldn't want to get bitten by them.

Breakfast was usually an omlette. You don't want spicy food all the time if you are like me. They also did noodle dishes, a little unusual for India.

I see you have a blog Claudia. I'm very sorry to hear about your Mother. I see you have been to London too. Looks like you took a photo selfie just outside of Leicester Square near the train station. Also one of Tower Bridge, which is 20 minutes from me by train. And you write English very well. And also a quote by Montaigne. I have a book of his by Penguin, it's like 1000 pages. An interesting character for sure. Even though he was like 16th century or something it is still quite readable. Sometimes I find Victorian books hard to read which is pretty interesting considering that was 100 odd years back. The Bible can be a little hard going too but the freshness of the text is really quite extraordinary. It's like the Bhagavad Gita. Every time I read it it is fresh somehow.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:35 PM   #33
casco

Quote:
Ah yes the beach, was wonderful. White sands and large waves. Had some fun splashing my brother in the sea.

There was another beach that was next to a small town we were in that had restaurants on it. At night the tide used to come in and the seats we were on had to be evacuated because of the water.

There were stray dogs, some friendly. But apparently there were some dangerous rabid ones around too. You wouldn't want to get bitten by them.

Breakfast was usually an omlette. You don't want spicy food all the time if you are like me. They also did noodle dishes, a little unusual for India.

I see you have a blog Claudia. I'm very sorry to hear about your Mother. I see you have been to London too. Looks like you took a photo selfie just outside of Leicester Square near the train station. Also one of Tower Bridge, which is 20 minutes from me by train. And you write English very well. And also a quote by Montaigne. I have a book of his by Penguin, it's like 1000 pages. An interesting character for sure. Even though he was like 16th century or something it is still quite readable. Sometimes I find Victorian books hard to read which is pretty interesting considering that was 100 odd years back. The Bible can be a little hard going too but the freshness of the text is really quite extraordinary. It's like the Bhagavad Gita. Every time I read it it is fresh somehow.
I know Montaigne essays made a difference, though I haven't read that much apart from that quote I feel identified with. I love the Bible and the Gita and like you say, the freshness is extraordinary. I think it is fresh because it comes from freshness itself if you know what I mean hehe...

There is a lot to update on my blog, my dad passed away 3 weeks ago too, so I am currently living one of the most challenging moments of my life. I'm blessed I've been prepared so well by a master of life like my mother, whose energy I believe is somehow still present. I might update everything pretty soon.

Actually, the first time I had Indian food was in London. It was so spicy. But I liked it, I had it again recently at the only Indian restaurant I know in Asuncion, the capital of Paraguay. Anyways, I use indian spices in my cooking, I love spicy but I can't have it that much. Awesome memories were made in London with beautiful people and can't wait to get the chance to visit again.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:54 PM   #34
Dave

Quote:
I know Montaigne essays made a difference, though I haven't read that much apart from that quote I feel identified with. I love the Bible and the Gita and like you say, the freshness is extraordinary. I think it is fresh because it comes from freshness itself if you know what I mean hehe...

There is a lot to update on my blog, my dad passed away 3 weeks ago too, so I am currently living one of the most challenging moments of my life. I'm blessed I've been prepared so well by a master of life like my mother, whose energy I believe is somehow still present. I might update everything pretty soon.

Actually, the first time I had Indian food was in London. It was so spicy. But I liked it, I had it again recently at the only Indian restaurant I know in Asuncion, the capital of Paraguay. Anyways, I use indian spices in my cooking, I love spicy but I can't have it that much. Awesome memories were made in London with beautiful people and can't wait to get the chance to visit again.
Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear now about your Dad. This must be a pretty tough time for you. Just know that there are other people out there that care for you and about you and life will help you through the hard times.

Wow Amazing you first had curry in London. We have the best curry in the entire world. I kid you not. The Indian chefs have really had a field day here with the food, it tastes absolutely amazing. A lot of it has a Bangladeshi influence actually, part muslim influence. But for sure when you put spices in your sauce to make it like a curry I agree it tastes awesome.

I can't imagine what Paraguay is like. In my mind, it is almost tropical but I don't know where I got that imagery from! Maybe because paraguay sounds like a bird... lol
Old 10-25-2017, 01:50 PM   #35
casco

Quote:
Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear now about your Dad. This must be a pretty tough time for you. Just know that there are other people out there that care for you and about you and life will help you through the hard times.

Wow Amazing you first had curry in London. We have the best curry in the entire world. I kid you not. The Indian chefs have really had a field day here with the food, it tastes absolutely amazing. A lot of it has a Bangladeshi influence actually, part muslim influence. But for sure when you put spices in your sauce to make it like a curry I agree it tastes awesome.

I can't imagine what Paraguay is like. In my mind, it is almost tropical but I don't know where I got that imagery from! Maybe because paraguay sounds like a bird... lol
Thanks for your words, I've been experiencing divine love, coming from beautiful people, like never before in this time.
When I think of Paraguay, the first word that comes to my mind is... WILD. Lol.

It is a beautiful country with a lot of rainforests, rivers, landscapes, wildlife, it's a pity tourism is not developed as it should be. That's the reason why a lot of people think there is nothing to see here when there is a lot, but the access is not easy. I mean the infrastructure. If you have instagram, you can check @discover_paraguay, I think it's a nice account.
It's a cheap country and you find everything you need but very corrupt though, which is sad. Living here is an acquired taste to me I must say lol.

I'm happy it means I had the good Indian food then, and I liked it very much!.
Curry tastes wonderful in my vegetarian dishes!, I like cooking. Not always, but I do.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:49 PM   #36
simple

Quote:
Visiting India is a dream to me! what part of India? that's awesome!
I am from Rajastan, a desert region. But I grew up in the south, Tamil Nadu, which ranges from tropical to semi-arid, depending on which side of the Western Ghats and how near you are.

India is a beautiful country, so varied in every sense, and so old and wise. The people are generally very calm and mild and patient. The country is changing by leaps and bounds. It has really embraced the digital innovations, so will be changing faster and faster, and hopefully, it will never lose it's spiritual heritage and thought.

I do hope you will be able to visit there as well. It is very cheap to travel once you are there. The most expensive part is the airfare. Make sure you connect with YSS there prior to travelling, so you can benefit from visiting Guruji's places as well.

My condolences regarding your dad's passing away. Guruji says to send our departed ones love and light to guide them on their onward journey. I am glad you are being surrounded by love and beautiful kind thoughts from people at this time.

Just visited your blog. You are so beautiful and your eyes are full of light. Your mother was right - you are light.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:56 PM   #37
sheoli

Casco

I am so, so sorry to hear about your dad...Know that Guruji is there to take care of your dad...

Please accept a big hug from my end!

Take care & divine love in lots
Sheoli
Old 10-26-2017, 01:20 AM   #38
lotusflower

Condolances on your Dad, Claudia, it must be hard on you. Your mother looks so sweet on the pictures in your blog. Can imagine you miss her a lot!

In divine friendship,
Old 10-26-2017, 07:50 AM   #39
Dave

Quote:
Thanks for your words, I've been experiencing divine love, coming from beautiful people, like never before in this time.
When I think of Paraguay, the first word that comes to my mind is... WILD. Lol.

It is a beautiful country with a lot of rainforests, rivers, landscapes, wildlife, it's a pity tourism is not developed as it should be. That's the reason why a lot of people think there is nothing to see here when there is a lot, but the access is not easy. I mean the infrastructure. If you have instagram, you can check @discover_paraguay, I think it's a nice account.
It's a cheap country and you find everything you need but very corrupt though, which is sad. Living here is an acquired taste to me I must say lol.

I'm happy it means I had the good Indian food then, and I liked it very much!.
Curry tastes wonderful in my vegetarian dishes!, I like cooking. Not always, but I do.
It sounds like a very natural landscape for sure. Rainforest amazing! I wonder what kind of animals are there too. Is there a lot of bad politics going on then?

I'm very behind where it comes to things like Instagram. I always just thought it was a site where people put pictures of themselves up.

The great thing about curry and Indian food is that it goes a really long way in vegetarian cooking. Dhal is also great. I get you about cooking, really I do. I do like to cook but not all the time. Also when you are single or live alone it can be pretty hard to know what food to get for just one person. When I find myself alone I buy fruits like bananas etc as they are good for you and go quite a long way.

I don't want to get onto the subject of food but when I think about what humans have discovered in nature and created from it food wise, it is really quite extraordinary.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:55 AM   #40
Stream
meds twice daily

I too wish you much strength at this difficult time. Do you have family to fall back on in Paraguay?

"The darkness of maya is silently approaching. Let us hie homeward within." - Swami Sri Yukteswar
Stream is offline   Reply With Quote