A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Discussion Categories > Open Discussion

Old 10-11-2017, 02:31 PM   #41
mike1yogi

Good to be reminded of God & Guru's unconditional love. As Sri Yuk says, forget the past....do your best now.

As was said ^^^, no matter what your sexual orientation, you have to eventually transmute then rise above any desires and the senses...the sexual urge is a strong one - even after you've successfully been physically celibate, those samskaras, old thoughts don't go away easily.

Obviously, if you are married, moderation rather than abstinence is the ideal unless both partners decide on celibacy.(but personally, I was never very good at moderation in this regard when I was married, unless it was a forced abstinence .

I liked how the Divine Life swamiji put it in the link posted ^^^

Brahman is the highest brahmachari because He is One without a second, and if you are established in Brahman, you are in that same state–where there is no second, where there is no other. There is a stage where one becomes totally devoid or free from the sex idea.

There is no sex or man or woman or this or that because one’s view has radically changed. Quite apart from whatever is around–the world in which one is living–one is totally changed. One’s consciousness is no longer kept upon that level where these things have any meaning or relevance.

When consciousness is in another place, all things are seen, perceived, but they make no difference. You look at this, you look at that; you are seeing everything, but it doesn’t bring about any change in the state of your inner consciousness, which always remains the same.

That is the ultimate transcendence which is a possibility and which is an ideal, which ought to be striven for and which ought to be attained., That is what the guru wants for the disciple. That is what the saints want for the ordinary man. Because, before this there is still risk of a downfall. So our saints say that until the last breath always exercise caution.

Last edited by mike1yogi; 10-11-2017 at 03:06 PM.
mike1yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:54 PM   #42
Heidi

Arguing

All I have to do is look at the two attititudes of AlwaysGod and Khitomer and see that one is pressingly argumentative and the other is peaceful. These qualities matter more to me than "facts"--and PY says many times that a fact that will hurt someone, is not really truth. I am somewhat undecided on the gay issue; I think it is complicated and that there are many factors, and maybe many different kinds of people who enter into relationships for different reasons, just as there are with heterosexual relationships. I don't know that I will sort it out in this lifetime, as I have more pressing issues to deal with like becoming a peaceful soul. Freedom is a big thing for me, so politically-speaking, I prefer to leave folks in freedom as to what they do in their sexual lives!!

Be well,
Heidi
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:05 PM   #43
khitomer

Better to be honest than to be leading people astray.
khitomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:55 PM   #44
Bakhruddin
Om Nama Shivaya

It is a sad trend today, that some very vocal groups choose to ignore "facts" when they do not support their cherished belief systems. But I suppose that is nothing new - even the "religious" burned many as witches in their day.

I can only suppose that Master foresaw all of the the current controversies in the public arena. Perhaps that is why he addressed the marriage issue as clearly as he did over 64 odd years ago. Of course, one could be of the attitude that Master was a "backward" thinker when it comes to modern morality. That is your prerogative. (Yet, why call me Lord, yet you do not do the things that I say?)

It seems to me that Mukti Mata was pretty clear on what is important in one's spiritual life. I don't think she was commenting on one's outer expression or challenging Master's guidance.
Bakhruddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:42 AM   #45
khitomer

California just passed a law that makes knowingly infecting someone with HIV into a misdemeanour punishable by a jail term of six months, while using the wrong pronoun for a trans-gendered person as a health care worker, is punishable by up to a year in jail. The world is going mad.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:01 AM   #46
Jack O Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by khitomer View Post
California just passed a law that makes knowingly infecting someone with HIV into a misdemeanour punishable by a jail term of six months, while using the wrong pronoun for a trans-gendered person as a health care worker, is punishable by up to a year in jail. The world is going mad.
I believe that is part of what is called "progressivism".

It is the new morality.

A big emphasis on "equality". But equality based on what?

Infecting someone with fatal HIV evidently is a lesser crime than using a wrong gender pronoun when addressing a trans-gender person.

The question is, "where did this new morality come from"?
What are its sources?

Last edited by Jack O Lantern; 10-23-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Jack O Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:04 AM   #47
Dave

THe world is going mad but America is leading the way! No doubt it gives end-timers a lot of fuel.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:58 AM   #48
Bakhruddin
Om Nama Shivaya

I fear that the blatant moral ignorance that we see manifesting so pervasively in modern society today, and that goes against common sense and God's eternal laws of righteousness (as I understand them) will result in much mass negative karma. Black is now white and up is now down. When the ocean recedes from the coast line in a hurricane, it eventually returns with double destructive force.

Have you watched the memorial service (on Youtube) for Brother Anandamoy? Check it out, if not. What a great soul. During Bro. Achlananda's talk he tells a story that he and Bro. Anandamoy were, 30 odd years ago, discussing the coming world crisis. I guess they were saying it will be a pretty rough time and Bro. Anandamoy mentioned that he will be "checking out" before it happens. Then he added that Bro. Achlananda won't be so lucky. A prophetic warning to all of us?
Bakhruddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:49 PM   #49
khitomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack O Lantern View Post
I believe that is part of what is called "progressivism".

It is the new morality.

A big emphasis on "equality". But equality based on what?

Infecting someone with fatal HIV evidently is a lesser crime than using a wrong gender pronoun when addressing a trans-gender person.

The question is, "where did this new morality come from"?
What are its sources?
German Marxists from the 'Frankfurt School' who immigrated to the US and began teaching critical theory in the universities.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:50 PM   #50
khitomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakhruddin View Post
I fear that the blatant moral ignorance that we see manifesting so pervasively in modern society today, and that goes against common sense and God's eternal laws of righteousness (as I understand them) will result in much mass negative karma. Black is now white and up is now down. When the ocean recedes from the coast line in a hurricane, it eventually returns with double destructive force.

Have you watched the memorial service (on Youtube) for Brother Anandamoy? Check it out, if not. What a great soul. During Bro. Achlananda's talk he tells a story that he and Bro. Anandamoy were, 30 odd years ago, discussing the coming world crisis. I guess they were saying it will be a pretty rough time and Bro. Anandamoy mentioned that he will be "checking out" before it happens. Then he added that Bro. Achlananda won't be so lucky. A prophetic warning to all of us?
Yes, I saw that part. It makes sense and just confirms what I had suspected for some time.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:22 PM   #51
Always God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakhruddin View Post

You're sounding very 'dramatic', I have to say.

God's eternal laws of righteousness include surely fairness for all and compassion to all beings. So as society 'progresses' we will become and more interested in giving every human a life based on equality, not to say better lives for all beings.
Always God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:42 PM   #52
khitomer

"God is no respecter of persons".. Karmic law is compassionate in the sense that by suffering on account of your transgressions against it, you purify your being.

Leftists do not have a monopoly on the word progress. It is only used incidentally to denote the type of politics they espouse, as an ironic use of the word. Implying progress but really bringing about degeneration.

Progress naturally happens by the onward climb of the ascending yuga regardless.

Last edited by khitomer; 10-23-2017 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:34 PM   #53
Always God

Quote:
"God is no respecter of persons".. Karmic law is compassionate in the sense that by suffering on account of your transgressions against it, you purify your being.

Leftists do not have a monopoly on the word progress. It is only used incidentally to denote the type of politics they espouse, as an ironic use of the word. Implying progress but really bringing about regression.

Progress naturally happens by the onward climb of the ascending yuga regardless.
God is Love. Forget about left and right. That's when we start fight 'straw men'. My suggestion is to deal with the facts of the situation as they present themselves. There's far too much ant-left rhetoric here. Same with anti-right rhetoric. It just gets in the way...
Old 10-23-2017, 09:37 PM   #54
khitomer

It is not love that is behind moral degeneracy, but hate. Hate for God's laws of modesty, self-control, etc. Love is just the byword used to justify moral lassitude. It isnt love in the vast majority of cases, but lust and the fight to justify intemperate indulgence of it. You only have to see how closely the lgbt movement is generally allied with apologism for pederasty and promiscuity to see the reality of the situation. It is a case of 'the heart wants what the heart wants', but while fallen in ordinary human sense-addicted nature, what it wants is usually not something that is good for it.

The politician who got the amended 'knowingly infecting someone with HIV' law passed for example, did it on account of claiming it is a health issue, not a criminal one, only because the majority of transmission of HIV cases in California today are the result of a phenomenon called 'bug chasing' and 'gift giving', where many gay men actively seek to contract the virus through unprotected sex with men who actively seek to pass the virus on. That is the tragic, hellish state of existence that some of these souls have sunk to, to the extent that the prevailing attitude of consciously wanting to contract HIV has now been afforded a much lighter sentence by law to accommodate this trend. I would agree that it is indeed a health issue only on the grounds of being a mental health issue, but it remains a profoundly criminal (evil) act nonetheless. The popularity of this trend is such that being 'poz' or HIV positive is now its own sub type among gay identities.

If this type of phenomenon is not a manifestation of what Freud referred to as the 'death drive', nothing is.

Last edited by khitomer; 10-24-2017 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:29 PM   #55
Always God

Quote:
It is not love that is behind moral degeneracy, but hate. Hate for God's laws of modesty, self-control, etc. Love is just the byword used to justify moral lassitude. It isnt love in the vast majority of cases, but lust and the fight to justify intemperate indulgence of it. You only have to see how closely the lgbt movement is generally allied with apologism for pederasty and promiscuity to see the reality of the situation. It is a case of 'the heart wants what the heart wants', but while fallen in ordinary human sense-addicted nature, what it wants is usually not something it should have.

The politician who got the amended 'knowingly infecting someone with HIV law' passed for example, did it on account of claiming it is a health issue, not a criminal one, only because the majority of transmission of HIV cases in California today are the result of a phenomenon called 'bug chasing' and 'gift giving', where many gay men actively seek to contract the virus through unprotected sex with men who actively seek to pass the virus on. That is the tragic, hellish state of existence that some of these souls have sunk to, to the extent that the prevailing attitude of consciously wanting to contract HIV has now been afforded a much lighter sentence by law to accommodate this trend. I would agree that it is indeed a health issue only on the grounds of being a mental health issue, but it remains a profoundly criminal (evil) act nonetheless.

If this type of phenomenon is not a manifestation of what Freud referred to as the 'death drive', nothing is.
I don't like to say it, but what and how you write is bordering on what you predicate of the other, just from the opposite perspective. I find it sad to read, considering the nature of this Path. I think you need to get your head clear and stop all this 'hate' stuff. That is the moral degradation.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:43 PM   #56
khitomer

As usual, you see things upside down for the most part. Sadly there are millions who think and feel the same way. Sign of the times.

Justifying the right to indulge in sodomy by claiming God wants us to do it because its about love is about as self-deceptive as it can get. If you must indulge sodomy, then at least acknowledge it for what it is, a weakness due to a lack of self control. Dont glorify it and seek to make it divine.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:02 PM   #57
Always God

Smile

Quote:
As usual, you see things upside down for the most part. Sadly there are millions who think and feel the same way. Sign of the times.

Justifying the right to indulge in sodomy by claiming God wants us to do it because its about love is about as self-deceptive as it can get. If you must indulge sodomy, then at least acknowledge it for what it is, a weakness due to a lack of self control. Dont glorify it and seek to make it divine.
As usual you see the evil all around you- remember Jesus' words: "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?"

Try looking for the good in people......it will pay off......best to you.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:04 PM   #58
khitomer

Youre being silly. Of course I see the good in people, but good is good and evil is evil. To imagine one should see only good in the evil that people do, and wholeheartedly support them in it, is an unfortunate conclusion.

What do you think about 'bug chasing' and 'gift giving'? Do you think this kind of thing is justifiable?

The glorification of lust above life. Hardly something God would approve of, I would imagine.

"Reason and feeling remain in a heaven of cooperative joy so long as the human mind is not tricked by the serpentine energy of animal propensities."

“God, or the Divine Consciousness present within the first created pair, counseled them to enjoy all human sensibilities, but not to put their concentration on touch sensations. These were banned in order to avoid the development of the sex organs, which would enmesh humanity in the inferior animal method of propagation. The warning not to revive subconsciously-present bestial memories was not heeded. Resuming the way of brute procreation, Adam and Eve fell from the state of heavenly joy natural to the original perfect man."

“Knowledge of ‘good and evil’ refers to the cosmic dualistic compulsion. Falling under the sway of maya through misuse of his feeling and reason, or Eve — and Adam — consciousness, man relinquishes his right to enter the heavenly garden of divine self-sufficiency. The personal responsibility of every human being is to restore his ‘parents’ or dual nature to a unified harmony or Eden.”

~ Sriyukteswar

"If you are a slave to sex and misuse its power, and forget its divine purpose - to create children - you will lose energy, and destroy your physical and mental health."

~ Guruji

Last edited by khitomer; 10-24-2017 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:02 AM   #59
khitomer

Freedom from all desire is eternity. All attachment implies fear, for all things are transient. And fear makes one a slave. This freedom from attachment does not come with practice; it is natural, when one knows one's true being. Love does not cling; clinging is not love.

~ Nisargadatta Maharaj
Old 10-24-2017, 03:59 AM   #60
Philippe

Oh no, not again....
Is there a Doctor among us ?
Philippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:36 AM   #61
mike1yogi

Avoid a negative approach to life. Why gaze down the sewers when there is loveliness all around us? One may find some fault in even the greatest masterpieces of art, music, and literature. But isn't it better to enjoy their charm and glory? Life has a bright side and a dark side, for the world of relativity is composed of light and shadows. If you permit your thoughts to dwell on evil, you yourself will become ugly. Look only for the good in everything, that you absorb the quality of beauty.

- Sri Sri Paramahansa Yogananda
"Sayings of Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 10-24-2017, 11:26 AM   #62
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
Oh no, not again....
Is there a Doctor among us ?
I think I could be a doctor here. No, really.

I have noticed that AlwaysG and Kitomer go at each other like bulls locking horns. Could this be some kind of subconsciously suppressed archetypal unworded attempt at one-up-man-ship? Is it possibly a product of past hurts surfacing in the present that need to be resolved?

Food for thought.

Kitomer seems to be the recipient of most of the hate, where AlwaysG is the virtuperative antagonist. So the question for the class now is - what boiling sentiments of unease are eating AlwaysG's heart out?
Old 10-24-2017, 12:25 PM   #63
Always God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

I have noticed that AlwaysG and Kitomer go at each other like bulls locking horns. Could this be some kind of subconsciously suppressed archetypal unworded attempt at one-up-man-ship? Is it possibly a product of past hurts surfacing in the present that need to be resolved?

Food for thought.

Kitomer seems to be the recipient of most of the hate, where AlwaysG is the virtuperative antagonist. So the question for the class now is - what boiling sentiments of unease are eating AlwaysG's heart out?
Good points, Dave. You are bringing out your own not so below the surface issues. Perhaps I could help you, if you like. Hahaha. I love you Dave.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:42 PM   #64
mccoy
supernal user

My simple position is that gay marriage would sound like an oxymoron, so I agree with SRF-MC: How can you celebrate an oxymoron?

Maybe 'gay union' would be a more proper term, but of course SRF does not celebrate 'unions'.

I really feel for gay people, but they do not appear to resign to the simple fact that they cannot expect to be treated like equal in all aspects of society.
They are different, they are a minority, they cannot rule. In a democracy the majority rules.

Let the Spirit rule, we want their spiritual advancement, their bliss in God, their superior wisdom. We don't want to humour their claims of officially celebrating an oxymoron. We don't want to feed a delusion.
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.

Last edited by mccoy; 10-24-2017 at 04:07 PM.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:56 PM   #65
mccoy
supernal user

Quote:
Dave, here I must ask you please do not poke AlwaysGod and make personal inferences on him. That's not fair and maybe shows a little intolerance and may even bespeak of a childish behaviour.

The point is what AlwaysGod, and other users, express, not what their alleged feelings may be.

Pls let's avoid ad hominem (personal) considerations. Let's focus upon the concepts.

Let's shoot a barrage of fire on the concepts, if we wish to, by whatsoever rational and logical ammo we posses, but not on the person which enunciates such concepts. Not the way to go!
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:18 PM   #66
khitomer

Lol.. AG's been onto you about feeling insulted, hasnt he Mccoy..

As a moderator, he used to complain about certain posters on the other board from time to time as well, trying to get them banned. Thankfully some of the other moderators used to see through the self-serving nature of such petitions and prevented him from getting his way.

Last edited by khitomer; 10-24-2017 at 11:12 PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:40 PM   #67
Always God

Quote:
Lol.. AG's been onto you about feeling insulted, hasnt he Mccoy..

He used to complain about certain posters on the other board from time to time as well, trying to get them banned. Thankfully some of the other moderators used to see through the self-serving nature of such petitions and prevented him from getting his way.
Hahaha. I guess when you lose on the spiritual merits of your arguments, you will then stoop to this.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:44 PM   #68
khitomer

Stoop to what, pointing out your methods? Theyre quite predictable and transparent, so theres no real need to point them out. I just felt it was amusing that you havent changed since then.

I guess I also dont need to point out that your claim Im losing some kind of competition with you based on 'spiritual merits' is purely subjective on your part.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:15 AM   #69
Philippe

Be carefull with that guys, you may be reborn as brothers, or twins, in your next incarnation.....
Old 10-25-2017, 01:25 AM   #70
mike1yogi

Quote:
Be carefull with that guys, you may be reborn as brothers, or twins, in your next incarnation.....
Funny, I was thinking along the same lines....I remember reading Sri Daya Mataji talking about that, she said to say sincerely "Lord, bless that soul" whenever you caught yourself thinking in a negative manner about someone you have difficulties with...otherwise, well as you said lol ....there have been a few people in my life, whew...."Bless that soul!!!"
Old 10-25-2017, 02:07 AM   #71
Musashi

Quote:

Food for thought.

I think those two were Anthony and Mahavir on the other board.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:23 AM   #72
Philippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
be careful Musashi, you're going to be their mother ;-)
Old 10-25-2017, 02:36 AM   #73
khitomer

Talking

Quote:
Oh good.. maybe I can take him under my wing then, and teach him some basic facts about life.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:45 AM   #74
Philippe

Or life is going to teach....

Last edited by Philippe; 10-25-2017 at 03:10 AM.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:19 AM   #75
lotusflower

Quote:
And who were you on the other board???
Old 10-25-2017, 08:50 AM   #76
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusflower View Post
And who were you on the other board???
Were you on the other board? I was for a while. I came and went. Can't remember what name I had though.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:52 AM   #77
mike1yogi

Quote:
Yes, I remember....perhaps there could be a private thread created so these two devotees could work out their interwoven karma....no holds barred, no moderator
Old 10-25-2017, 11:18 AM   #78
khitomer

Why make such a big deal out of it lol..

Surely there must be more interesting things going on than creating hub-bub about the passing interactions of specific people.

The story of the two monks crossing the river carrying the village girl comes to mind. The one monk on whose mind she remained long after they had left the village, was asked by the other, "Are you still carrying her?"

Watch out that you dont crack a tooth on the popcorn you guys are eating.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:33 AM   #79
mike1yogi

When my two grandsons make too much noise, I send them to their room....same principle
Old 10-25-2017, 11:35 AM   #80
khitomer

Yes, well I am not a child, so the analogy is rather condescending.