A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Discussion Categories > Supportive Friendship

Old 07-25-2015, 08:18 PM   #41
kuldip_divinity

Interesting discussion here.
I am 31 years now and have been searching for a life partner. Of course, being in the influence of Yoganandji, I long to have a spiritual life partner. But there have been many blocks along the way.

My parents are searching for a life partner for me in my caste, but I have not been able to find someone who I think can assist me in spiritual life. If at all, I do find anyone, they go on to reject me. hehehe...

I have been doing the excercise prescribed by PY after doing hong sau. Lets see where I end up. My family is worried that if I delay more, I may not get to marry. I am worried that if I choose the wrong partner, my life will go entirely different way..

But I definitely want a spiritual life partner not a religious one.

Kuldip
kuldip_divinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:20 PM   #42
kuldip_divinity

I have read Yoganandji's life partner descriptions.... but nowhere I have come across anything in his writings about the health of your future life partner. Does anyone have any quote with regards to this?

Kuldip
Old 07-26-2015, 09:19 AM   #43
mccoy
supernal user

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuldip_divinity View Post
...If at all, I do find anyone, they go on to reject me. hehehe...
Kuldip
Kuldip, that most often is the rule, those whom you like will reject you, those whom you don't like will die for you, that's why seeking a partner must be seen as a game.
Usually patience is rewarded though, the power of your outward bound vibrations will eventually attract some like-minded souls whom you like as well.

I don't remember Yogananda speaking about one's partner's health, you should be maybe more specific.
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 01:57 AM   #44
kuldip_divinity

I don't remember Yogananda speaking about one's partner's health, you should be maybe more specific.[/quote]

Thats what is bugging me. If he has mentioned possible traits in a life partner and how they should behave and act, then how did he miss this aspect?
Or was it edited by SRF?

If a potential life partner has say a diabetes issue or similar, does it have any impact on married life or on future generation?
Old 07-27-2015, 04:37 AM   #45
mccoy
supernal user

Quote:
I don't remember Yogananda speaking about one's partner's health, you should be maybe more specific.
Thats what is bugging me. If he has mentioned possible traits in a life partner and how they should behave and act, then how did he miss this aspect?
Or was it edited by SRF?
If a potential life partner has say a diabetes issue or similar, does it have any impact on married life or on future generation?
Kuldip, I believe Yogananda and SRF could not mention such specific details, which are so much linked to individual karma. It's also a tricky issue.

Of course, if the purpose of marriage is raise children, health and fertility are an issue. On the other side, speaking up about it may sound a little like going to the cattle market and buying a cow.

Fertility issues, if absolutely important, in today's libertarian society can be worked out very simply: living like husband and wife before actually marrying, if the mating results are successfull, than there is some likelyhood that that both persons are fertile. Although there might be miscarriages problems.

Also, you may require a priori an healthy wife who has not ilnesses which can be propagated to the heirs. That would be in my opinion a legitimate requirement, although the requirement of finding a spiritual wife may overwhelm the requirement of a perfectly healthy wife.

Karma is tricky though. Even though apparently healthy, both husband and wife may carry some genes which will result in sick children.

Besides, even apparently very healthy children may die of some sudden disease.

To top it off, even perfectly healthy children may die by accident or violent deaths.

This is the nature of this incredibly imperfect world. We can plan, but we can never be sure.
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:02 PM   #46
Jitendra

Lightbulb

Mccoy Kuldip and those taking an interest,

It surprises me immensely that anyone would be concerned about fertility today especially in a country like India where people breed like rabbits and there is not enough room to put up a cardboard house let alone have children. Fertility should be of no concern. This can be and should be evaluated for what it really is: selfish desire. Don't people have any imagination? Think of all the children that could use a good home that may not have one.

As much as we are grateful for the gurus and the spirtuality that India has brought us; many of us in other countries have no desire to go to to India. Why? Simply because there are too many people and too much poverty. So the answer to fertility is quite simple. Have no children that are branded like cows, with your biological brand.

What i find nice about living in other countries as for instance the United Clones of America is that there are many women who already have children. I have spent much time with such women and enjoyed the company of their children and have found that it is a nice way to sublimate the desire for children. Certainly i have been blessed, myself, in such situations by an understanding of life gleaned through such encounters. In this way someone like kuldip can be a surrogate parent. I am sure there are also plenty of children to adopt in India that need homes more than we need to ruin this planet with more of our own children. Those children, would no doubt, be grateful to have a spiritual father like kuldip later in life.

Think out of the box! Why box yourself in your own selfish desires when there is so much opportunity to help others?

As an afterthought: I was fortunate to spend part of my life with an adopted kriyaban who I met here!

Jitendra

Last edited by Jitendra; 07-28-2015 at 02:51 AM.
Jitendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:24 AM   #47
sheoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitendra View Post
It surprises me immensely that anyone would be concerned about fertility today especially in a country like India where people breed like rabbits and there is not enough room to put up a cardboard house let alone have children. Fertility should be of no concern. This can be and should be evaluated for what it really is: selfish desire. Don't people have any imagination? Think of all the children that could use a good home that may not have one.
Sorry, I felt the first few lines a bit harsh.

Your suggestion is definitely a good one and I wish many more would think like that. But you also have to bear in mind that each of us has our own preferences and plans.

Quote:
As much as we are grateful for the gurus and the spirtuality that India has brought us; many of us in other countries have no desire to go to to India. Why? Simply because there are too many people and too much poverty.
Too many people and too much poverty is true of India.
Yet, when you limit yourself to those facts, you might not see what lies beyond that. There are still strong vibes of spirituality I find in India. Sadly enough, many fail to take advantage of the blessing of being born in such a richly spiritual land and instead choose to be vulnerable to wrong karma. Maybe, someday, the Gods and Gurus will help India claim her innate nature again.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:28 PM   #48
Jitendra

Wink

Sheoli

The United Clones also has many problems as well.... more than u can imagine. Seeing as to how difficult it is to have you join us at spiritualportal.net think of how much more difficult it is for me to go around the globe to visit India and friends there.

As far as the first few lines.... looking with curiousity at the great flow of humanity...someone has to speak for the earth. Someday limiting child birth may be mandatory all over as it is now in China. Then will my words be harsh or will the law be harsher?

In Cloneland we no longer have room to bury all the carcasses so we have taken up another Indian tradition; cremation. Why not make it voluntary to have less? Instead of law breaking as it one day will be if things do not change dramatically.

Last edited by Jitendra; 07-28-2015 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:29 AM   #49
kabbalah

Quote:
Interesting discussion here.
I am 31 years now and have been searching for a life partner. Of course, being in the influence of Yoganandji, I long to have a spiritual life partner. But there have been many blocks along the way.

My parents are searching for a life partner for me in my caste, but I have not been able to find someone who I think can assist me in spiritual life. If at all, I do find anyone, they go on to reject me. hehehe...

I have been doing the excercise prescribed by PY after doing hong sau. Lets see where I end up. My family is worried that if I delay more, I may not get to marry. I am worried that if I choose the wrong partner, my life will go entirely different way..

But I definitely want a spiritual life partner not a religious one.

Kuldip
It's not good to worry .. anxiety (worry) can take away your peace of mind. Worry is alot of what ifs going around in your head. Yogananda said people suffer because of their highly advanced mind. Animals do not suffer as much because their mind is not advanced enough to imagine all the different future scenarios. A cow does not suffer worrying if her boyfriend is cheating on her. A french philosopher said "My life has been full of numerous tragedies, most of which never happened" - his mind was imagining all these horrible scenarios but mostly they never came to pass.

Jesus said, do not worry about tomorrow .. each day has enough trouble of it's own. Who by worrying can make either one hair either black or gray ?

Also, desiring a woman and then finding she is not interested can lead to self doubts or states of what some may call low self esteem. That too can hurt our peace of mind. Self worth is not dependent on what other people may think, upon our status with women, our ability to control circumstances and such. This seems hard to fathom but nonetheless true.

We may think that the world is overpopulated yet a great many people are often lonely. How can you reconcile those two things which on the surface would seem contradictory ?

I think it is good to pray and ask the lord what is his will for us regarding relationships and such ..
kabbalah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 01:35 AM   #50
kabbalah

With regards to population, anyone familiar with the Georgia guide stones ?
These are mysterious monuments erected by some anonymous group in the 1980s by people apparently advocating population control, world government etc ..

An inscription on the stones says to maintain the population at 500 million when the current population is well beyond that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

"The Georgia Guidestones is a granite monument erected in 1980 in Elbert County, Georgia, in the United States. A set of 10 guidelines is inscribed on the structure in eight modern languages, and a shorter message is inscribed at the top of the structure in four ancient language scripts: Babylonian, Classical Greek, Sanskrit, and Egyptian hieroglyphs."

The structure is sometimes referred to as an "American Stonehenge".[1] The monument is 19 feet 3 inches (5.87 m) tall, made from six granite slabs weighing 237,746 pounds (107,840 kg) in all.[2] One slab stands in the center, with four arranged around it. A capstone lies on top of the five slabs, which are astronomically aligned. An additional stone tablet, which is set in the ground a short distance to the west of the structure, provides some notes on the history and purpose of the Guidestones.

A message consisting of a set of ten guidelines or principles is engraved on the Georgia Guidestones[14] in eight different languages, one language on each face of the four large upright stones. Moving clockwise around the structure from due north, these languages are: English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian.

1 Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2 Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
3 Unite humanity with a living new language.
4 Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
5 Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6 Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7 Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8 Balance personal rights with social duties.
9 Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
10 Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:46 PM   #51
Delsol
Administrator

Kuldip, you seem to me to be a modern man. I am somewhat familiar with Indian culture - only because I have worked with Indian people from afar on system related projects - and have seen from a distance time and again the pressure young Indian men have to be married, etc. by a certain age. I perceive it is expected he marry well - as a right of passage into adulthood. Perhaps you feel that pressure, and in that environment, see a mate as something to be aquired, like a possession. When we aquire possessions - East or West - we try to determine their value in pragmatic terms. No? But a person's 'value' in our human life is not always something that can be calculated with the mind, based on tangible realities. My advice to you - as a western woman speaking to a possibly modern eastern man - is go with your instinct, not your brain - and seek a life partner in a female friend. Do not concern yourself with the physicalities as much as the spiritual connection. A woman might give you children. She might not - but if you choose well, she WILL give you insight into how to be a human being, as you will give to her. The rest is barely interesting, no? Easy for me to say from so far away. <3
Old 07-31-2015, 07:48 PM   #52
kuldip_divinity

Delsol,

Thank you for your open minded views. I am a modern man yet limited or conservative in some aspects. Maybe because I have not been exposed much into the world out there. Yes, Indians believe that they should get married ideally from 24 to 28 years. I am 3 years overboard from that standpoint. I however do not see my future mate as a possession as I have always aspired to be fair for choosing my life partner.

Again, I have rejected some as I want a spiritual and possibly healthy life partner. I feel that you are more or less right when you talk in terms of value for a person here.

I thank you very much for your advice, but you asked me not to concern myself also with any spiritual connection or similar traits in my possible life partner? Why? A spiritual life partner if I am right can help spouse to progress ahead spiritually and in general travails in life, dont you think? Opposite and it would be a disaster. Your last 3 lines deeply touched me... thank you again Delsol for your wonderful insights.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:49 PM   #53
kuldip_divinity

Kabbalah,
Sorry I dont know your real name.

Thank you for your inspiring and helpful words.

Kuldip
Old 08-04-2015, 02:33 AM   #54
kabbalah

Quote:
Kabbalah,
Sorry I dont know your real name.

Thank you for your inspiring and helpful words.

Kuldip
Hi Kuldip, sure .. my name is Larry though my grandmother never liked that nickname and my family often call me Laurence ..

Anyway, I have worked with a number of Indians in high tech, though did not know too many very well. A friend of mine recently told me alot of them don't like Indian restaurants here in the states if they server any meat at all. I was disappointed myself in that a couple of very good Indian restaurants seem to start to serve alot of meat dishes instead of vegetarian at their buffets. It used to be maybe 20% meat, then one day it seemed more like 60%

I do notice that Indian culture seems a mix of liberal and conservative. The religion strikes me as having kind of certain liberal attitudes, but I do notice that most all of the Indians that come to the states are married. If you go on a dating site, there seems to be practically no single Indian women at all in the states.

There is not much SRF or similar presence in my area either. I went to one place occasionally on Sundays, but it has moved closer into the main part of the city. There was never hardly any Indians there so I often have wondered how Yogananda was received in India given that his message seems a mix of Hinduism/Christianity. Many of the Indians I have met seem to have other religious influences and had not heard of Yogananda but I think also there is alot of different gurus and so on ..

I know some people who have an ashram up north in my area. They dress in traditional Hindu clothing, but they are European or Americans. I think they where influenced by Rama Maharishi who previously I was not aware of. They pretty much live way out in the woods. One of them says Rama visited him in his dreams as a child and that is how he came to be a guru or follower. Another guy told me it is his opinion that India has become heavily westernized and visiting there is not like in the old days
Old 08-04-2015, 01:28 PM   #55
Jitendra

Marriage and having kids.

This is not a world that can be compartmentalizing into one country and another with different values. This is a world today in which we all are dependent upon one another for survival.

It is as simple as this; having two children shows a lack of understanding of the tremendous spiraling of increase in births in the world. Why? Because if you have two or more children those kids may easily have 2 or more a piece. This is multiplying an already over crowded earth and further destroying a delicate environment here on mother earth.

If marriage is to have kids then marriage will eventually be seen as the act that causes mass starvation, the destruction of the environment and the possession of all suitable and enjoyable habitats.Having many children of your own, from your spouse, is nothing less then blatant selfishness to humanity. In today's world of less and less food, less and less land, less and less rescources and more and more destruction to the environment let us look at humamity and it's needs instead of fulfilling all our personal desires.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:25 AM   #56
sheoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbalah View Post

I do notice that Indian culture seems a mix of liberal and conservative. The religion strikes me as having kind of certain liberal attitudes, but I do notice that most all of the Indians that come to the states are married. If you go on a dating site, there seems to be practically no single Indian women at all in the states.
Yes, you are right there. India is indeed a mix of both. Depends a lot which part of India one comes from and the background/family upbringing.
Take for instance, this marriage issue. I know people down south and in the central parts are very conservative with respect to caste, age of marriage and so forth. A lot of this is triggered by societal factors - what would the society say if my children marry outside our caste/remain unmarried till 30...I am just saying this based off what I have heard from my friends.
Relatively speaking, places in eastern(includes Calcutta) and north eastern India are liberal.

----------------------
The reason you rarely find a single Indian lady on a dating website could be attributable to several factors. One could be that most of them are interested in serious long-term relationships. I know a lot of my friends who(or whose families) post their profiles on matrimonial websites rather than dating websites. Another could be the conservativeness they still carry with them and therefore, cannot relate to the dating concept entirely. I understand a date could often lead to a serious relationship but I guess one needs more time to relate to it comfortably enough .
Old 08-05-2015, 08:51 PM   #57
kuldip_divinity

Larry,
Yes, India is becoming more westernized and people want to adopt the latest 'In thing'. Regarding Yoganandaji, in my state, not majority of people know him, though of course there are devotion centers in my city and major parts of the state but only handful of people know.

Raman Maharshi is well known in Gujarat, I dont know how....

Kuldip
Old 08-05-2015, 08:54 PM   #58
kuldip_divinity

Jitendra,

I meant general when I may have said having 2 kids... You are right that in these times, having 2 kids will have a great impact on social and environmental thing. Thinking about kids and actually having them is a long future thinking for me. I am not even married now... hehehehe. Thank you for letting me know and think on this aspect.

Kuldip
Old 08-05-2015, 09:08 PM   #59
Jitendra

Quote:
Jitendra,

I meant general when I may have said having 2 kids... You are right that in these times, having 2 kids will have a great impact on social and environmental thing. Thinking about kids and actually having them is a long future thinking for me. I am not even married now... hehehehe. Thank you for letting me know and think on this aspect.

Kuldip

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ion_per_capita

If we look at who makes the most use of energy and rescources thus the most destruction to environment.... We will find the countries most responsible for population inflation are not the third world countries at all nor are countries like India the most responsible.

Economically superior nations bear the most responsibility and thus abuse. Just wanted to let you know if you did not already know Kuldip. Actually the United Clones of America (Where i live.) is much more responsible for the use of rescources and destruction of environment. Even with all the population of India.The link above and info included here are from: 'Population Explosion' at www.spiritualportal.net and substantiate my point.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:54 AM   #60
mccoy
supernal user

Jitendra, the energy consumption data are interesting, they would tend to show that one child in industrial countries is equal (consumption-wise) to many children of the less industrial countries.

But since the most industrial countries tend to have minimal population growth, and the other way around, there is a compensation in the mechanism which regulates future energy consumption of the countries.

In this regard it would be interesting to plot a chart of energy consumption rate projected in the future, to see where the greater growth will be, if other factors remain the same.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:08 AM   #61
Jitendra

Wink Companionship with evolutionary compatability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoy View Post
Jitendra, the energy consumption data are interesting, they would tend to show that one child in industrial countries is equal (consumption-wise) to many children of the less industrial countries.

But since the most industrial countries tend to have minimal population growth, and the other way around, there is a compensation in the mechanism which regulates future energy consumption of the countries.

In this regard it would be interesting to plot a chart of energy consumption rate projected in the future, to see where the greater growth will be, if other factors remain the same.
Perhaps this can be done at spiritualportal.net under population explosion. It does appear that 3rd world countries can escalate quickly into power hungry, energy carnivores, destructive to the environment as we have seen in the case of China.

My interest here, is more centered on what I have seen as a reoccurring theme of marriages and relationships in spiritual seekers. That is to give up their spiritual meditation oriented relationships and fall back into karma of the past with relationships that do not reflect or encourage their spiritual aspirations but instead discourage them and lead them away from certain events in life that kept us/them on the path of spiritual awakening. They trade one set of challenges for a more lethal one. That is challenges in spiritual understanding for challenges with partners that do not and cannot relate to their spiritual life. This is the subject of finding and staying with companions - whatever the relationship - with evolutionary compatability.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:18 AM   #62
kabbalah

Hi Kuldip, where are you in India ?

What is the divorce rate amongst Indians and how many truly happy marriages are there ? I have the impression that there is not much divorce

With regards to population, it may be true that we feel the world is heavily populated, although this sentiment has existed apparently for hundreds of years, that is 100 years ago people where saying there's too many people. It is also true that the third worlds population is growing the fastest. Developed nations populations grow by immigration it seems. Some argue that this growth in population is related to poverty as for some reason that is unclear to me, impoverished nations have faster population growth. If that is true, it is also true that poverty is related to international banking as the IMF and the world bank and similar institutions actually create poverty in many ways while claiming they are trying to solve it. It is also true that starvation and hunger are related to poverty and agricultural policies and not to available land that could be used for farming. There is plenty of unused land and there are agricultural practices that could be used that do not destroy topsoil or focus on crops that are best suited for large scale monoculture farming. The whole push that we need GMO to feed the world is entirely false ..

Also, there have been pushes for forced sterilization and there are people who believe that wars and famine are good and proper means to control populations. They may not come out and say it on TV, but I think there is plenty of evidence that that is how many elites think.

Below is a link, 65,000 people in the United States have been forcibly sterilized in the past century. There was a story of a woman who was depressed because her mother died or something, she was found to be unfit and forced to be sterilized. When certain Nazi war criminals where questioned as how they came up with the idea to sterilize people or do human experiments, there response was that they got the idea from the USA because at the time the Eugenics movement was popular in the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compul...#United_States

The United States was the first country to concertedly undertake compulsory sterilization programs for the purpose of eugenics. The heads of the program were avid believers in eugenics and frequently argued for their program. It was shut down due to ethical problems. The principal targets of the American program were the intellectually disabled and the mentally ill, but also targeted under many state laws were the deaf, the blind, people with epilepsy, and the physically deformed. While the claim was that the focus was mainly the mentally ill and disabled, the definition of this during that time was much different than today's. At this time, there were many women that were sent to institutions under the guise of being “feeble-minded" because they were promiscuous or became pregnant while unmarried. According to the activist Angela Davis, women of predominantly ethnic minorities (such as Native Americans, as well as African-American women) were sterilized against their will in many states, often without their knowledge while they were in a hospital for other reasons (e.g. childbirth)

======================

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics

Consequently, many countries adopted eugenic policies meant to improve the genetic stock of their countries. Such programs often included both "positive" measures, such as encouraging individuals deemed particularly "fit" to reproduce, and "negative" measures such as marriage prohibitions and forced sterilization of people deemed unfit for reproduction. People deemed unfit to reproduce often included people with mental or physical disabilities, people who scored in the low ranges of different IQ tests, criminals and deviants, and members of disfavored minority groups. The eugenics movement became negatively associated with Nazi Germany and the Holocaust—the murder by the German state of approximately 11 million people—when many of the defendants at the Nuremberg trials attempted to justify their human rights abuses by claiming there was little difference between the Nazi eugenics programs and the U.S. eugenics programs. In the decades following World War II, with the institution of human rights, many countries gradually abandoned eugenics policies, although some Western countries, among them Sweden and the US, continued to carry out forced sterilizations for several decades.

"Some sterilizations took place in prisons and other penal institutions, targeting criminality, but they were in the relative minority. In the end, over 65,000 individuals were sterilized in 33 states under state compulsory sterilization programs in the United States in all likelihood without due multi-ethnic and ethnic minority perspective."

===================

Not only does the Bush family have ties to funding Nazi Germany, but they have ties to planned parenthood which was considered an important institution in limiting the population of undesirables at the time and an important institution in the above mentioned Eugenics movement

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/08...ed-parenthood/

Jeb Bush’s Grandfather Was A Founding Member Of Today’s Planned Parenthood

"Prescott Bush, former United States Senator from Connecticut and grandfather of George W. and Jeb Bush, served as Planned Parenthood’s treasurer when they launched their first national fundraising effort in 1947."

So now Jeb Bush wants to defund the very organization his father help build to what it is today – a politically influential institution that helps women domestically and internationally. Hopefully down the line the next generation of Bush’s will distance themselves from oil and defense contractors.
Old 08-09-2015, 01:33 AM   #63
kabbalah

There seems to be all kinds of things like below as well as medical experiments on people and so on. I don't want to list too much of all the stuff out there, but there seems to be quite alot

http://mic.com/articles/53723/8-shoc...in-u-s-history

"The results of a sterilization campaign in the island of Puerto Rico that began shortly after WWI left 30% of the women there unable to have children by 1965. The earliest governor of Puerto Rico is cited as saying that there were too many unskilled laborers, and not enough jobs in the island. This long sterilization campaign resulted in this practice becoming the birth control of choice for Puerto Rican women, a remarkable feat in a mostly Catholic society where birth control was illegal up to 1930."
Old 08-12-2015, 08:42 PM   #64
kuldip_divinity

Hi Larry

The divorce rates as you say are low compared to teh USA. But they are slowly rising as well.
From Wiki- Official figures of divorce rates are not available, but it has been estimated that 1 in 100 or another figure of 11 in 1,000 marriages in India end up in divorce.
However you can say that it has increased to 15/1000 marriages.

At present I am in Gujarat India
Old 08-13-2015, 03:03 AM   #65
mccoy
supernal user

Quote:
This is the subject of finding and staying with companions - whatever the relationship - with evolutionary compatability.
Right, evolutionary compatibility is the key and that should bethe main purpose in marriages. Sometimes though that is not possible. There are so many factors involved in romantic relationships that it is nearly impossible to match everything.
For example, you might find a partner which potentially has the spiritual qualifications but that you are not physically or mentally attracted to. Sometimes, I've been told marriages within SRFers fail. To find a partner with the same evolutionary state would be undoubtedly a great blessing, but the likelyhood is maybe so low that we might end up with a binary choice, to remain single or to marry with a companion not having the same evolutionary status.
Sometimes we have to be happy with what karma bestows to us. Discrimination should always govern. In my case I can say that discrimination has ended up being pretty effective.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:29 PM   #66
Jitendra

Confining Relationships

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoy View Post
Right, evolutionary compatibility is the key and that should bethe main purpose in marriages. Sometimes though that is not possible. There are so many factors involved in romantic relationships that it is nearly impossible to match everything.
For example, you might find a partner which potentially has the spiritual qualifications but that you are not physically or mentally attracted to. Sometimes, I've been told marriages within SRFers fail. To find a partner with the same evolutionary state would be undoubtedly a great blessing, but the likelyhood is maybe so low that we might end up with a binary choice, to remain single or to marry with a companion not having the same evolutionary status.
Sometimes we have to be happy with what karma bestows to us. Discrimination should always govern. In my case I can say that discrimination has ended up being pretty effective.
i believe that it is better to go unmarried rather then force compatibilities that are not there. Perhaps this is becoming more and more the life style of the future. Many people 'force' relationships by cutting others out of their lives and then fortify themselves into relationships that really do not speak for their individual spiritual and social values. Nor do they support them. All in the name of a worn out custom that really is not necessary; marriage. At least not necessary until it flows comfortably with out interfering with lifestyle and spiritual seeking.

In the case where someone does have a marriage that no longer fits them... a creative approach must be found to their relationship otherwise they find themselves in a self made prison. It is often better for people to be able to explore the vast potential of relationships and friendships. Through these encounters; there is a wonder that expands our perspective on life rather than a suffocation in narrow confining relationships that do not reflect our growing awareness and expanding consciousness. This includes relationships that may not be marriage but confine us with conditions.

Last edited by Jitendra; 08-16-2015 at 09:42 AM.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:30 AM   #67
Delsol
Administrator

I wonder if Kuldip ever found his bride.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:40 PM   #68
brock

It seems like there are soulmates all over the place, if you have the right angle on it.
brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:14 PM   #69
Delsol
Administrator

Lol Brock - literally chuckling at you know what. He he. Thanks for being nice.

Anyway, soul mates are out. The big thing now is TWIN FLAMES! Oh yeah! Haven't heard of them yet? Gotta find yours, quick - before they run away, but if they do - don't distress! Apparantly they're supposed to do that, repeatedly. Oh brother. Ha ha.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:24 PM   #70
brock

Hehe

Oh yeah, I've heard of twin flames. Often even with two flames, the dang thing won't stay lit! Maybe you have to go to someone else and light off their flame and then come back to keep it going?

Old 04-15-2017, 05:38 AM   #71
Delsol
Administrator

Lol - you are on a roll! Too good. Ha ha ha.

It IS funny how as humans we feel the need to label every little thing! Then as soon as something has a label, poof! Whatever that 'thing' is becomes 'real' - something worthy of desire. Hmmm. There's a thought for another thread...

Old 04-15-2017, 03:50 PM   #72
lotuspath
Hay hari Sundara

!!

This is a timely topic indeed!!

I recently did a search for Twin Souls on the internet as a spontaneous, but semi-casual research endeavor, and was bombarded with Twin Flame references!! Apparently, this Twin flame phenomenon has spread rapidly across the nation. The phenomena apparently does well in dry, Mediterranean climates like Southern California, but has adapted and learned to survive and thrive in moist temperate zones as well. One sign that the twin flames phenomenon has arrived in a locale, is apparently an over abundance of coffee shops, tarot/psychic booths and bead shops.

I am contemplating starting a counter protest, go fund me right now or else group, entitled: Twin Souls united against Twin Flame's !! Stop the madness !!

Confucius say: When man bring wife flowers for no reason, there usually reason !!
Old 04-15-2017, 08:09 PM   #73
brock

Old 04-15-2017, 08:29 PM   #74
brock

Lotuspath, how did your research endeavour turn out?
Old 04-16-2017, 01:06 AM   #75
Delsol
Administrator

You two! My kid flames are wondering why their mom is cracking up. Ha ha ha.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:35 PM   #76
lotuspath
Hay hari Sundara

Delsol: I'm glad you got a laugh out of it. Brock: Oh, the "research"...not good. I cannot fend off the Twin Flames !! There everywhere !!
Old 04-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #77
brock

Help is on the way!

via GIPHY

Old 04-19-2017, 10:43 AM   #78
kuldip_divinity

Delsol

I have still not. Girls reject me based on my pictures as they see me overweight.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:59 AM   #79
Delsol
Administrator

Oh dear. I am sorry to hear that, Kuldip. It is a harsh world, sometimes.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:29 AM   #80
kuldip_divinity

Does 74 kgs amount to overweight?

Just asking for fun....