A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Discussion Categories > Open Discussion

Old 08-04-2017, 08:13 AM   #41
Dave

It's a nice model...
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:22 AM   #42
Always God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoy View Post
An interesting relevant to the topic video by Dr. Greger.
Yes, his suggestion that, when reasoning on the ideal diet of man we consider the Miocene since we are the descendants of great apes is very sensible. The Paleo community, which contends that meat and fish is the best food, focuses only on the paleolithic (and on specific low-temperatures areas inside the paleolithic). That makes up 10% or less of the timespan of interest. The paleo community also crazily fixates upon specific communities like the eskimos, which are extreme examples of adaptation and sure not and example of ideal diet.

I agree. The exception often proves the rule. With his mind, Man is so adaptable he can make anything work. But the most natural is the one to focus on.
Always God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:57 AM   #43
Dave

Those Dudes definitely had a top heavy physique.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 02:27 PM   #44
mccoy
supernal user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
It's a nice model...
Who Dr. Greger or the miocenic ape?
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:03 PM   #45
Always God

Quote:
Who Dr. Greger or the miocenic ape?
Hahahaha - good one, McCoy.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:26 PM   #46
Always God

jpg.gif milk.jpg (143.9 KB)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg milk.jpg (143.9 KB, 4 views)
Old Today, 05:56 AM   #47
casco

Quote:
As related by the great Yogananda, we know that God created the cosmos with the help of cosmic lieutenants. The plan was that his creation had to be perfect.
One of the cosmic lieutenant-intelligences though, Satan, went astray and started disseminating imperfection in creation, death by accidents and sickness.

However, God, even though he decided to leave Satan and his noxious actions alone, started to provide antidotes.

One of these protective mechanisms is the close evolutionary interaction between plants and human beings. Since when primates had not yet an evolved central nervous system, capable to express the higher states of consciousness, they ate mainly plant-based food, in the form of foliage, fruit and nuts. The early hominids and the later homo sapiens evolved with this inherent need for plant-based food. Meat and fish can be digested by man to let him survive in unfavourable times and conditions but not as a mainstay. The price to pay to ignore this point is often illness, degeneration and death. Man is potentially omnivorous but geared to consume mainly unrefined, unprocessed vegetable food.

Plants contain phytochemicals which are hugely beneficial to man's health. Plants are living chemical labs, where an unthinkable quantity of chemical compounds is distilled. Plants (fruit, vegetables, nuts & seeds) are man's food and medicine. The mechanism by which plants phytochemicals are able to counteract the evil intelligence of Satan-created sicknesses has been very recently pinpointed and is an area of fascinating research. The mechanism is called hormesis and xenohormesis. The plants phytochemicals are often toxins used by plants as a defense against predators and unfavourable conditions. Plants cannot fly away, they are grounded, they need to defend by inside resources. These resources are the innumerable chemical compounds they produce.

Bottom line, is that the human system has evolved to benefit of plants as both food and medicine. Satan created sickness, God favoured the evolution of plant-based biochemical processes which provide molecules which counteract Satan's mischief.

Neurohormetic Phytochemicals: An Evolutionary - Bioenergetic Perspective
Ok, this is one of the first threads I found under the name mccoy.
A vegetarian diet heals. There are herbs that also heal. I've had a lot of health issues a couple of years ago, I had severe digestive and intestinal problems (the cause... I will probably share later) and I got healed, it took some time, through the consumption of fruits and vegetables and herbal medicine. Though I consider certain chemicals in traditional medicine important as God gave human beings the capacity to create them... I think your diet is your medicine, and there are numerous herbs as well... especially where I am from, the heart of South America... herbal medicine is widely spread, I think it's our inheritance from our ancestors the Natives.
With fruits, vegetables, herbs and meditation you prevent and heal problems from the roots, not mere alleviation...
When it comes to Satan though... not sure if he creates or just imitates so you stay under the influence of maya...
casco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:19 AM   #48
Jack O Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by casco View Post
Ok, this is one of the first threads I found under the name mccoy.
A vegetarian diet heals. There are herbs that also heal. I've had a lot of health issues a couple of years ago, I had severe digestive and intestinal problems (the cause... I will probably share later) and I got healed, it took some time, through the consumption of fruits and vegetables and herbal medicine. Though I consider certain chemicals in traditional medicine important as God gave human beings the capacity to create them... I think your diet is your medicine, and there are numerous herbs as well... especially where I am from, the heart of South America... herbal medicine is widely spread, I think it's our inheritance from our ancestors the Natives.
With fruits, vegetables, herbs and meditation you prevent and heal problems from the roots, not mere alleviation...
When it comes to Satan though... not sure if he creates or just imitates so you stay under the influence of maya...
Herbalism can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

There are 2 books I know of that are populist accepted manuals on Herbalism and supposedly authoritative, but I don't know if they are scientific or just random folk medicine lore based on superstition.

One is "the Herbalist" the other is "Back to Eden".

Are there any other books or sources on Herbalism?

Science is great but sometimes limited by its own dogma.
As Sri Yukteswar said, "You can't put God in a test tube", and "God" is the source of matter and physical laws.

What is the source of herbal treatment in South America?
Who there are the experts? How did they come to this knowledge?
Jack O Lantern is online now   Reply With Quote