A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Discussion Categories > Power of Prayer

Old 12-21-2017, 01:30 PM   #1
Greg
Administrator

Peace and Harmony Prayer

_/|\_ "Cut through the chains of agency and perceive the Single Cause!"

Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:51 PM   #2
sheoli

Thank you for sharing this, Greg!

I hope you are doing well. Have a happy holiday season!
Old 12-30-2017, 02:26 AM   #3
yogagirl

Yes, thank you Greg, I needed to be reminded of this
and on a beautiful background, too.
yogagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:11 PM   #4
srz
Tinfoil Hat Guy

Praying for World Peace

"An old man in Jerusalem was every day praying at a wall. A journalist noticed, admired his perseverance, and asked him for an interview. The man told her that he had been praying for 25 years at the wall. In the morning he prays for world peace. Then he goes home for tea. In the afternoon he comes back and prays for eradication of disease and peace between the Palestinians and the Jews. “How do you feel praying day after day?” the journalist asked, and the man sighed, “Like I’m talking to a wall!” (Laughter)

[serious lesson] Sometimes we may feel that way too - like we are talking to a wall. We may think, “What good does my little prayer do?” But it is working. Prayers are of tremendous value. God hears us and we need to pray, pray, pray anyway. It has to start here. Never think your prayers are of no value. They are important because we have the divine power within us to bring about changes. Our prayers are spread instantaneously throughout the world.

When we pray for peace, it seems to be a contradiction. We must be divine realists and accept that we are living in the plane of duality. It will never be a world of perfect peace – there will always be dark and light. World cataclysms, wars, and natural catastrophes are due to the accumulation of man’s wrong thoughts and actions. But still it is our duty to pray for world peace for the upliftment of mankind, to combat the ravages of man’s greed and selfishness on individual and national levels in order to keep that balance more to the good. That’s the value of the World Wide Prayer Center. Those healing vibrations help keep the world in balance so it doesn’t destroy itself.

devotee2devotee
srz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:57 AM   #5
yogagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by srz View Post
"An old man in Jerusalem was every day praying at a wall. A journalist noticed, admired his perseverance, and asked him for an interview. The man told her that he had been praying for 25 years at the wall. In the morning he prays for world peace. Then he goes home for tea. In the afternoon he comes back and prays for eradication of disease and peace between the Palestinians and the Jews. “How do you feel praying day after day?” the journalist asked, and the man sighed, “Like I’m talking to a wall!” (Laughter)

[serious lesson] Sometimes we may feel that way too - like we are talking to a wall. We may think, “What good does my little prayer do?” But it is working. Prayers are of tremendous value. God hears us and we need to pray, pray, pray anyway. It has to start here. Never think your prayers are of no value. They are important because we have the divine power within us to bring about changes. Our prayers are spread instantaneously throughout the world.

When we pray for peace, it seems to be a contradiction. We must be divine realists and accept that we are living in the plane of duality. It will never be a world of perfect peace – there will always be dark and light. World cataclysms, wars, and natural catastrophes are due to the accumulation of man’s wrong thoughts and actions. But still it is our duty to pray for world peace for the upliftment of mankind, to combat the ravages of man’s greed and selfishness on individual and national levels in order to keep that balance more to the good. That’s the value of the World Wide Prayer Center. Those healing vibrations help keep the world in balance so it doesn’t destroy itself.

devotee2devotee
Thanks, srz, for this link. A speech filled with much wisdom...we've been thinking of all these things recently on the forum: maya, Guru's choice of human karma, and I often think of how Guruji's teachings may reach a wider audience...'keep on keeping on...' How is it the things we talk about on this forum, or the things people post are often in line with exactly what I'm thinking about at that time or exactly what I'm needing guidance in...!
yogagirl is offline   Reply With Quote