A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Discussion Categories > Picture This!

Old 12-31-2017, 05:11 AM   #41
sulmonte

I do not think that Jesus was married to Mary of Magdala, I rather go with the description of Theres of Konnersreuth published above in former comments.

And...maybe...if they would have been married, nobody would have asked: why this affection?????
sulmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:41 PM   #42
Stream
Victory to Spirit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulmonte View Post

And...maybe...if they would have been married, nobody would have asked: why this affection?????
lol

That's it! Hidden in plain sight.

"Why do you love your wife Jesus? What's wrong with you?"

(When we look at Lahiri Mahasaya, it is seen that the wife actually felt somewhat ignored by his new lifestyle with the constant attention to disciples).

Happy New Year to all!

"The darkness of maya is silently approaching. Let us hie homeward within." - Swami Sri Yukteswar
Stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:56 PM   #43
sulmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
lol

That's it! Hidden in plain sight.

"Why do you love your wife Jesus? What's wrong with you?"

(When we look at Lahiri Mahasaya, it is seen that the wife actually felt somewhat ignored by his new lifestyle with the constant attention to disciples).

Happy New Year to all!
Happy New Year!!!! Guruji gave me this answer. True - I did ask him!
Old 12-31-2017, 02:43 PM   #44
Stream
Victory to Spirit!

Quote:

"Ask and you shall receive (the answer)."

"The darkness of maya is silently approaching. Let us hie homeward within." - Swami Sri Yukteswar
Stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:28 PM   #45
sulmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
"Ask and you shall receive (the answer)."
I am spoiled today....fireworks since two hours near and far - high on the mountains, stars fly by the window. I wonder what they want to do at midnight. Magic!
Old 12-31-2017, 09:24 PM   #46
simple

Quote:
It is sweet how Guruji answers our questions, using our logic and reasoning and other faculties. I do like the answer you got, Sulmonte. Very clever and so obvious that people missed it.

I never understand the desire to want to imagine or wish or believe that Jesus was married to Magdalene or someone/anyone else. Why is it so hard to fathom that Jesus could be celibate? It is not such an unusual thing to be celibate, many were in those days and continue to be in these days too. And he was so young when he was crucified, so he did not live that many years of celibacy, when compared to many, many people who have been celibate upto a ripe old age. Additionally, Jesus was not an ordinary man, he was an avatar, so had tremendous will power and wisdom to guide his ways towards celibacy. If a person without self-realization can live a celibate life for 60-80 years as many monastics in all religions have done, why can't Jesus, an avatar be able to be celibate for 35 years of his life on earth. Even many modern men and women are celibate in this world for no other reason than that they have not met the right person to love and marry (not so much in the US perhaps, but in other countries and cultures it is not uncommon), so if a person can do it without spiritual leanings, wouldn't Jesus the Christ be able to be celibate. And we have the word of our Guru and the word of many saints who have seen visions of Jesus and have attested that he lived a celibate life.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:39 AM   #47
sulmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
It is sweet how Guruji answers our questions, using our logic and reasoning and other faculties. I do like the answer you got, Sulmonte. Very clever and so obvious that people missed it.
A most blessed New Year also for you Simple.....we are all protected by Master - I do feel that things will go somehow better now.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:40 PM   #48
Bryon777

Beautiful, Delsol! Thank you!
Bryon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:11 AM   #49
simple

Delsol, thanks for sharing your beautiful painting of Mary M.

I think Mary M's relations to Jesus was similar to that of Radha's. Radha was a highly evolved being who came with Krishna to play the childhood lila in Brindavan, and after Krishna left Brindavan to live as a prince and carry on his mission, Radha remained behind in Brindavan and lived a life of devotion to Krishna. Hindu art often depicts Krishna and Radha as lovers but this is because there is no better way to illustrate the complete oneness that they both had with the other.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote