A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Discussion Categories > What's Happening

Old 01-26-2018, 07:15 AM   #401
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Introspection

If you find that every day you are becoming either touchy, finicky, or gossipy, then you know that you are going backward. The best test is to analyze yourself and find out whether you are happier today than you were yesterday. If you feel that you are happier today, then you are progressing; and this feeling of happiness must continue.

Paramahansa Yogananda
SRF Lessons
Old 01-27-2018, 07:25 AM   #402
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Introspection

It is usually more or less easy to analyze others and classify them according to personality. It is often more difficult to turn the searchlight on one's self in strict honesty, but that is what you must do in order to find out what improvement or change is necessary. One purpose in discovering your own personality is to know how you affect others. Consciously, or unconsciously, people feel your personality, and their reaction is a clue.

Paramahansa Yogananda
SRF Lessons
Old 01-28-2018, 07:27 AM   #403
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Introspection

Look within yourself. Remember, the Infinite is everywhere. Diving deep into superconsciousness, you can speed your mind through eternity; by the power of mind you can go farther than the farthest star. The searchlight of mind is fully equipped to throw its superconscious rays into the innermost heart of Truth. Use it to do so.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest
Old 01-29-2018, 07:22 AM   #404
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Introspection

You know when you are doing wrong. Your whole being tells you, and that feeling is God's voice. If you do not listen to Him, then He is quiet; but when you spiritually waken again He will guide you. He sees your good and your evil thoughts and actions, but whatever you do, you are His child just the same.

Paramahansa Yogananda
SRF Lessons
Old 01-30-2018, 06:15 AM   #405
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Introspection

I always remember this truth when I mentally try to find a way to escape from something that seems too hard for me. I think then: "I am escaping, not overcoming."

Sri Gyanamata
God Alone: The Life and Letters of a Saint
Old 01-31-2018, 06:50 AM   #406
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Introspection

By constantly following the inner voice of conscience, which is the voice of God, you will become a truly moral person, a highly spiritual being, a man of peace.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Lecture
Old 02-01-2018, 07:11 AM   #407
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Inner Renunciation

It is all right to enjoy life; the secret of happiness is not to become attached to anything. Enjoy the smell of the flower, but see God in it. I have kept the consciousness of the senses only that in using them I may always perceive and think of God. "Mine eyes were made to behold Thy beauty everywhere. My ears were made to hear Thine omnipresent voice." That is Yoga, union with God. It is not necessary to go to the forest to find Him. Worldly habits will hold us fast wherever we may be until we free ourselves from them. The yogi learns to find God in the cave of his heart. Wherever he goes, he carries with him the blissful consciousness of God's presence.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest
Old 02-02-2018, 07:16 AM   #408
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Inner Renunciation

To engage in actions without desire for their fruit is true tyaga (renunciation). God is the Divine Renunciant, for He carries on all the activities of the universe without attachment to them. Anyone aspiring to Self-realization - whether he be a monastic or a householder - must act and live for the Lord without being emotionally involved in His drama of creation.

Paramahansa Yogananda
God Talks With Arjuna: The Bhagavad Gita
Old 02-03-2018, 07:00 AM   #409
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Inner Renunciation

The saints stress nonattachment so that one strong point of material attachment may not prevent our attaining the entire kingdom of God. Renunciation does not mean giving up everything; it means giving up small pleasures for eternal bliss.

Paramahansa Yogananda
How You Can Talk With God
Old 02-04-2018, 08:03 AM   #410
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Inner Renunciation

Renunciation is not an end, it is the means to an end. The real renunciant is he who lives for God first, regardless of his outer mode of existence. To love God and conduct your life to please Him, that is what matters. When you will do that, you will know the Lord.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest
Old 02-05-2018, 06:57 AM   #411
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Inner Renunciation

At heart renounce everything, and realize that you are just playing a part in the intricate Cosmic Movie, a part that sooner or later must be over. You will then forget it as a dream. Our environment produces the delusion in us of the seeming importance of our present roles and our present tests. Rise above that temporal consciousness. So realize God within that He becomes the only influence in your life.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Rajarsi Janakananda: A Great Western Yogi
Old 02-06-2018, 07:03 AM   #412
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Inner Renunciation

A lazy person never finds God. An idle mind becomes the workshop of the devil. But persons who work for a living without any wish for the fruits of action, desiring God alone, are true renunciants.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Sayings of Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 02-07-2018, 07:12 AM   #413
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Inner Renunciation

Renunciation is the wise path trod by the devotee who willingly gives up the lesser for the greater. He relinquishes passing sense pleasures for the sake of eternal joys. Renunciation is not an end in itself, but clears the ground for the manifestation of soul qualities. No one should fear the rigors of self-denial; the spiritual blessings that follow are great and incomparable.

Paramahansa Yogananda
God Talks With Arjuna: The Bhagavad Gita
Old 02-08-2018, 06:44 AM   #414
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Inner Renunciation

If I ever felt a little human wish for something I could not have, this question was immediately presented to my soul, "What did you come [to the Guru's ashram] for?" The answer was always, "For God alone." In an instant my vision was clear and unobstructed again. This has been the unshakable, immovable fact of my discipleship.

Sri Gyanamata
Old 02-09-2018, 07:02 AM   #415
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Inner Renunciation

Renunciation is not negative but positive. It isn't the giving up of anything except misery. One should not think of renunciation as a path of sacrifice. Rather it is a divine investment, by which our few cents of self-discipline will yield a million spiritual dollars. Is it not wisdom to spend the golden coins of our fleeting days to purchase Eternity?

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 02-10-2018, 07:40 AM   #416
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Divine Love

The Lord wants us to escape this delusive world. He cries for us, for He knows how hard it is for us to gain His deliverance. But you have only to remember that you are His child. Don't pity yourself. You are loved just as much by God as are Jesus and Krishna. You must seek His love, for it encompasses eternal freedom, endless joy, and immortality.

Paramahansa Yogananda
The Divine Romance
Old 02-11-2018, 07:44 AM   #417
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Divine Love

The greatest romance is with the Infinite. You have no idea how beautiful life can be. When you suddenly find God everywhere, when He comes and talks to you and guides you, the romance of divine love has begun.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest
Old 02-11-2018, 02:36 PM   #418
sulmonte

When you realize yourself as a child of God, what karma have you? God has no karma. And you have none, when you know you are His child. Every day you should affirm, I am not a mortal being; I am not the body. I am a child of God. That is practicing the presence of God. God is free from karma. You are made in His image. You also are free from karma. PY
sulmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:45 AM   #419
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Divine Love

The love of God is the only Reality. We must realize this love of God so great, so joyful, I could not even begin to tell you how great it is! People in the world think, "I do this, I enjoy that." Yet whatever they are doing and enjoying inevitably comes to an end. But the love and joy of God that I feel is without any end. One can never forget it once he has tasted it; it is so great he could never want anything else to take its place. What we all really want is the love of God. And you will have it when you attain deeper realization.

Rajarsi Janakananda
Rajarsi Janakananda: A Great Western Yogi
Old 02-13-2018, 07:01 AM   #420
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Divine Love

God will not tell you that you should desire Him above all else, because He wants your love to be freely given, without "prompting." That is the whole secret in the game of this universe. He who created us yearns for our love. He wants us to give it spontaneously, without His asking. Our love is the one thing God does not possess, unless we choose to bestow it. So, you see, even the Lord has something to attain: our love. And we shall never be happy until we give it.

Paramahansa Yogananda
How You Can Talk With God
Old 02-14-2018, 07:09 AM   #421
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Divine Love - Valentine's Day

He is the nearest of the near, the dearest of the dear. Love Him as a miser loves money, as an ardent man loves his sweetheart, as a drowning person loves breath. When you yearn for God with intensity, He will come to you.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 02-15-2018, 06:54 AM   #422
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Divine Love

All my questions have been answered, not through man but through God. He is, He is. It is His spirit that talks to you through me. It is His love that I speak of. Thrill after thrill! Like gentle zephyrs His love comes over the soul. Day and night, week after week, year after year, it goes on increasing - you don't know where the end is. And that is what you are seeking, every one of you. You think you want human love and prosperity, but behind these it is your Father who is calling you. If you realize He is greater than all His gifts, you will find Him.

Paramahansa Yogananda
The Divine Romance
Old 02-16-2018, 07:05 AM   #423
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Divine Love

Develop the love of God so that I see in your eyes that you are drunk with God and not asking, "When will I have God?" When you ask that, you are not a devotee. The devotee says: "I have Him, He is listening to me; my Beloved is always with me. He is moving my hands; He is digesting my food; He is gazing at me through the stars."

Paramahansa Yogananda
Lecture
Old 02-17-2018, 08:06 AM   #424
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Divine Love

If, in the darkness, the mind never wavers, if love and longing never grow weak, it is then that you prove to yourself that you really have the love of God.

Sri Gyanamata
Old 02-18-2018, 06:46 AM   #425
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Divine Love

When the Lord commanded: "Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" (Ex. 20:3-4), He meant that we should not exalt the objects of creation above the Creator. Our love for Nature, family, friends, duties, and possessions should not occupy the supreme throne in our hearts. That is where God belongs.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 02-19-2018, 07:27 AM   #426
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Divine Love

God's love is so all-embracing that no matter what wrongs we have done, He forgives us. If we love Him with all our hearts He wipes out our karma.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Self-Realization Magazine
Old 02-20-2018, 07:00 AM   #427
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Divine Love

God understands you when everyone else misunderstands you. He is the Lover who cherishes you always, no matter what your mistakes. Others give you their affection for a while and then forsake you, but He abandons you never. In countless ways God is daily seeking your love. He does not punish you if you refuse Him, but you punish yourself. You find that "all things betray thee, who betrayest Me."

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 02-21-2018, 06:38 AM   #428
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Divine Love

The love of God cannot be described. But it can be felt as the heart is purified and made constant. As the mind and the feeling are directed inward, you begin to feel His joy. The pleasures of the senses do not last; but the joy of God is everlasting. It is incomparable!

Paramahansa Yogananda
The Divine Romance
Old Yesterday, 07:20 AM   #429
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Humility

Pride is blinding, banishing the vision of vastness possessed by greater souls. Humbleness is the open gate through which the divine flood of Mercy and Power loves to flow into receptive souls.

Paramahansa Yogananda
SRF Lessons