A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Discussion Categories > Sacred Places

Old 09-13-2017, 01:19 PM   #1
sulmonte

Sacred Places in France....

Hi dear friends,

since I do consider places with several Kriyabans as sacred, I would like to know if there are meditation groups outside of Paris in an affordable location. Yes, I will check the SRF homepage, but there might be places where just 2-3 devotees are living. I am looking for a new place to live and France was always friendly to me. Better check the globe before one is settling down again....roam, roam, roam ;-) ;-) ;-)

IDF - Jai Guru
sulmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:04 PM   #2
sulmonte

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrasson-Lavilledieu

There is a Meditation Circle at Brive - Terrasson - the place seems to be an old sacred spot. And 150 km from Bordeaux - once I got a 'message' that Bordeaux would be good for me.

Terrasson e la Vila Diu :-)
Old 09-13-2017, 04:17 PM   #3
mccoy
supernal user

It really looks like a soothing place!
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:30 AM   #4
sulmonte

Hello French Devotees,
I tried to contact the Brive-Terrasson-Circle but neither mail or phone (from MC) are connected. Does somebody know the group or members. Maybe they moved. Thanks for an info.
IDF
Old 09-16-2017, 02:45 PM   #5
yogagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulmonte View Post
Hello French Devotees,
I tried to contact the Brive-Terrasson-Circle but neither mail or phone (from MC) are connected. Does somebody know the group or members. Maybe they moved. Thanks for an info.
IDF
Hi,
I've contacted a friend who might contact a friend who might contact a friend in Brives...

Yes, Brives is definitely a place of pilgrimage, if you're also into catholic saints, as St Anthony meditated in a cave there, and there are some franciscan monks who live nearby...

Or you could ask Brahmachari Pierre at MC, if you haven't already, if there are any start up groups...or SRFs waiting to start up a group as soon as some SRfs move into their area...
yogagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:40 PM   #6
sulmonte

Thank you so much yogagirl...yes, I am definetely interested and attracted to the area. No, I have not contacted Brahmachari Pierre at MC, I talked with some other monk, they wanted to check the situation. I like to have contact with some devotees in the region and visit. At the moment I have to move in a few weeks - but might consider another move in the future. We could communicate by PM and I give you my email also. Jai Guru!
Old 09-29-2017, 06:43 AM   #7
pachiaammos

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogagirl View Post
Hi,
Yes, Brives is definitely a place of pilgrimage, if you're also into catholic saints, as St Anthony meditated in a cave there, and there are some franciscan monks who live nearby...
St Anthony the Desert Father? In France? Interesting!! Please, what is the source of this statement?
Old 09-29-2017, 11:29 AM   #8
sulmonte

I do think it is St. Anthony of Padua - Desert Father was not in France as I know. But who does know truely.

The world is full of suprises. When I am in Southern Germany I always go to Weingarten. They do have an old Basilica and a holy blood relic - brought from Flanders by Judith the cousin of WTC. She grew up with her brother Balduin, father of Queen Mathilde and of course Mathilde. She had a second marriage with Duke Welf and brought the relique with the blood of Jesus to Weingarten. I was there today and arrived when they gave blessings with the holy blood. I do feel strong holy vibrations when at the place - think the relic is real. Here a photo - the item shining in the altar is the the one!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weingarten_Abbey

They always write Juditha daugher of Balduin - but this is not correct - she was his much younger sister who grew up with him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weingarten_2017.jpg (129.4 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by sulmonte; 09-29-2017 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:24 PM   #9
lotusflower

Looks like a really special place, sulmonte.

IDF
Old 11-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #10
yogagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachiaammos View Post
St Anthony the Desert Father? In France? Interesting!! Please, what is the source of this statement?
Sorry, Pacchiamos, I've taken rather a long while getting back to you. The source was the St Anthony black and white you tube film. He stopped off in Brives to meditate in a cave. And then this summer, I was at a catholic retreat in Ronchamp. A modern chapel at the top of a hill , and nuns living in the side of the hill, also modern architecture, but created like a cave...Anyway, they were clarisse nuns, and close to the Franciscan monks, and they had leaflets advertising trips and prayers at the cave in Brives with the monks. From the photo, it looks as if there's some kind of metal fence in front, though.
yogagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:30 PM   #11
sulmonte

I have watched this movie about St. Anthony of Padua now and enjoyed it. Nowadays we have more comfort but not much changed. Anyhow we have Master and kriya - what a blessing. All these noble souls in endless service for the planet and its incarnated souls. Again and again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKOkWlFelZA

Last edited by sulmonte; 11-21-2017 at 01:52 PM.