A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Discussion Categories > Inspirational Texts

Old 09-21-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
triguybos

Succinctly put on why we're on the path...

"In the process of our evolution to the Divine, we have to do spiritual practices to win over the mind. And that is to train our mind to go beyond likes and dislikes to enable us to live in love and tranquility.... Our life is a journey to the Divine, from animal being to rational being and finally to divine being." ~ Swami Nityananda Giri

Don't know about everyone else but I am sure glad I've passed my animal and rational states, and on my way to the final state. Thinking with my stomach and mind was "meh...." and unsatiating, especially the latter.

So we're over halfway there, y'all!
Old 09-21-2017, 03:52 PM   #2
sulmonte

I do not know much about him....but sometimes these videos pop up and this one attracted me because of Shiva...I did enjoy....so many different ways....dont measure development it does say,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPINIZmQDwI
sulmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:39 PM   #3
triguybos

You IDed a different swami, Sulmonte. Nityananda's guru's is Sri Yukteswarji. He mentioned Yogananda and SRF in his book.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:55 PM   #4
sulmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by triguybos View Post
You IDed a different swami, Sulmonte. Nityananda's guru's is Sri Yukteswarji. He mentioned Yogananda and SRF in his book.
I know - sorry that I confused you - I just wanted to bring this talk. :-)
Old 09-22-2017, 08:09 AM   #5
triguybos

Oh... appreciate it. I will check it out.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:37 PM   #6
triguybos

One historical correction...Nityananda Giri's guru's guru's guru is Sri Yukteswarji...3 masters separates him from Master's guru.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:27 AM   #7
yogagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulmonte View Post
I do not know much about him....but sometimes these videos pop up and this one attracted me because of Shiva...I did enjoy....so many different ways....dont measure development it does say,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPINIZmQDwI
Thanks, I love the comparing the different religions aspect. I've always loved that the different religions and different paths of each religion were all valuable expressions of the way to the One. All parts of the same jigsaw. Interreligious discussion and understanding is my favourite past time. Where can I get more information about the 7 rishis, and the 112 paths?
So, if I get the gist right, Buddhism is a possible Way out of 112 Ways?
yogagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:30 AM   #8
yogagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by triguybos View Post
"In the process of our evolution to the Divine, we have to do spiritual practices to win over the mind. And that is to train our mind to go beyond likes and dislikes to enable us to live in love and tranquility.... Our life is a journey to the Divine, from animal being to rational being and finally to divine being." ~ Swami Nityananda Giri

Don't know about everyone else but I am sure glad I've passed my animal and rational states, and on my way to the final state. Thinking with my stomach and mind was "meh...." and unsatiating, especially the latter.

So we're over halfway there, y'all!
Well done, Triguybos! Sounds as if you're way ahead of me!
yogagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:38 AM   #9
sulmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogagirl View Post
Thanks, I love the comparing the different religions aspect. I've always loved that the different religions and different paths of each religion were all valuable expressions of the way to the One. All parts of the same jigsaw. Interreligious discussion and understanding is my favourite past time. Where can I get more information about the 7 rishis, and the 112 paths?
So, if I get the gist right, Buddhism is a possible Way out of 112 Ways?
Thats how I did understand this dear YG. I listened to another talk when I found this one
the other night - it was about the sweetness of heart. He said this is most important and that Shiva's way is like falling into a bottomless pit. !!!??? He is right - the path of yoga is like on a razors edge.