A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Welcome > About the Board

Old 05-21-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
mccoy
supernal user

'Page not found'

I've come across this strange behaviour in the diet & health section.

I filled in the posting window with a 12-lines post, hit the submit button but the following message is displayed:

Page not found

The requested page could not be found

If I write a single word or a 3-lines sentence the post comes through.

First time it ever happens
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:33 AM   #2
thisbody

Divine intervention...? ('God stopped the bullets')

thisbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:41 AM   #3
mccoy
supernal user

The post was on chocolate, so maybe I have to change recipe
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:07 AM   #4
Delsol
Administrator

Did it happen just the one time? have you tried again since?
Old 05-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #5
mccoy
supernal user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsol View Post
Did it happen just the one time? have you tried again since?
I tried several times, since I could copy the text and save it on a .doc file.
To no avail.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
mccoy
supernal user

I just tried to copy & paste the text from a .txt document where I saved the post.
Again, no changes.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #7
mccoy
supernal user

Lates attempt was to post something copied from a technical report, about the same size as my unlucky post.

It went thru (I deleted it afterwards).

I wonder if some subroutines developed sentient intelligence with a distaste for chocolate.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #8
mccoy
supernal user

Now I posted in this section the recipe text and it didn't went thru.

I'm going to attach the text, maybe Shannon can see if there are any keywords which are rejected by the SI's (sentient intelligences).
Attached Files
File Type: txt chocolate.txt (1.7 KB, 81 views)
Old 05-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #9
Delsol
Administrator

Hi McCoy,

Very annoying, isn't it? I could not get it to post either.

Working on this made me recall that the same thing happened to me once before, in the Guidelines section a few months ago. I was copying and pasting some text from an old document, and no matter what I did to it (even removed ALL formatting) I kept getting the 404. I never did find out what was causing it and ended up retyping the entire thing - which posted fine. I am sorry for the inconvenience, and will dig into it as time permits. Solving a bug like this can take a lot of research - something I don't have much time for these days! It is probably some kind of tag issue or bug relating to text typed in a certain way, or being copied from a certain type of format - I can assure you it has nothing to do with censorship! I love chocolate.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:17 AM   #10
mccoy
supernal user

That's no problem whatsoever, Shannon, at this point I was just being curious about the possible causes and your points # 1 and #2 appear to be more likely since the text was typed directly into the posting window and not copied from another formatted document.

Of course when the occurrance of such behaviour is so rare, time-consuming debugging is not justified.

I'll try some minor changes to the text and as a last resource I'll just attach the document. Chocolate-lovers will likely take the time to download it I believe.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #11
thisbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoy View Post
Now I posted in this section the recipe text and it didn't went thru.

I'm going to attach the text, maybe Shannon can see if there are any keywords which are rejected by the SI's (sentient intelligences).
McCoy - seeing you still trying, unsuccessfully, I tried myself, with the text you provided. Only, to get the same 'page-not-found'-error, even after 'messing' with linebreaks, and all...

I guess, you just have to invent 'something else' for putting in between visuddha and ajna chakra. The kriya yogis recommend to have the tongue cling to the upper palate, without anything else in between, lest not rajasic or tamasic. The Divine flow of nectar is sweet by itself.
thisbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #12
mccoy
supernal user

Well now we can say it's quite evident the forum rejects the recipe as it is.

I'm going to think about an alternative
Old 05-23-2011, 07:34 AM   #13
mccoy
supernal user

worked it out in a cumbersome way, but it went thru.

I broke down the post in small sentences, the one which caused the problem was this one:

'Let it melt slowly,... flavours.'

But, when furtherly broken in two, caused no more problems.

I'm confident the true chocolate lovers will go thru the broken post with patience.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #14
Adhikari
आत्मन्

At least one spiritual teacher I am familiar with regards chocolate as an intoxicant; specifically a stimulant. So maybe the board's technology disapproves of your spreading information about an intoxicant.

P.S.-Carob is the approved substitute.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #15
mccoy
supernal user

Adhikari, that was the initial suspicion.

Chocolate is a rajasic food, so there may be reasons to avoid it. Also, commercial chocolate sometimes has substantial amounts of white sugar, consequently taking up some tamasic connotation.

My excuse for eating chocolate is that some rajas is often necessay to survive in the working environment, but I would suggest not to eat it if possible.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:57 AM   #16
mccoy
supernal user

I'm incurring the same drawback more frequently.

Right now, I lost 15 minutes of writing on the intelligent design, since I did not remember to save the text in the clipboard before posting (a suggested action).

This flaw is time-consuming, even when writing on a word processor first, if the message 'Page not found' appears, it may take a lot of time to cut and paste small passage to rule out the one which causes the error.

There is apparently no pattern to the error.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:11 AM   #17
mccoy
supernal user

What I'm going to do now is to write many smaller posts, even though that may break the continuity of the argument.
The benefit is that I get an increased # of posts, which is debatedly an index of spiritual evolution in this board
Old 08-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #18
Delsol
Administrator

Dear McCoy, I just trippled the time-out session length from 600 to 1800 seconds. Let's see if that helps. Normally, if someone times out while posting, the screen will simply say their session has expired and ask for their login. if they enter their log-in, it will take them right back to their post screen with the text still intact. This happens to me frequently. Nothing is lost. If however, you get a 404, that usually means your connection was dropped - probably by your internet provider or mine - which unfortunately I cannot control.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #19
mccoy
supernal user

Thanks Shannon, I'll let you know. Where have you moved to by the way, States or overseas? Or nowhere at all?
Old 08-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #20
Delsol
Administrator

Ah! Does it show somewhere that I have moved? Maybe I mentioned it somewhere - my mind is a sieve these days! We've moved to a tiny rural village (about 800 residents) in the South West of France - not very far from the Spanish border. It has been a bit taxing - living here is very, very different from what I am used to, plus the language barrier presents it's own set of problems. Yet! We have finally realized a dream long in the making, so I am ready for the challenge and strive to keep positive. Each morning I wake to the sound of church bells and feel a mixture of utter joy and...dread. Ha ha! I have met some fabulous people. Auvillar is a magical place. I hope to be able to communicate better by Christmas. Our home is actually on the Chemins de Saint-Jacques-de-Compostelle (the Way of St. James) and so every day I see pilgrims on a spiritual quest walk past our door. This is inspiring. The village is beautiful. Perhaps I will post a few pics in the photo section if anyone wishes to see. Hope all is well with you and yours! Thank you for asking about me; once things slow down I hope to be online more.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #21
mccoy
supernal user

Shannon, your post just sounded closer to Italy!
Lol, actually you've been talking about moving for the last couple of years at least, congratulations for the new setup ! Pictures of Auvillar will be welcome of course when you'll have time to post'em.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #22
Delsol
Administrator

Thanks McCoy! I am a LOT closer to you now. We had envisioned Cuba or the Caribbean (or Miami? ha ha) as our next move, but a series of circumstances brought us here in a serendipitous sort of way. Our house had been on the market for two years. We decided not to wait for a sale any longer, and made arrangements to rent it out and move to France for at least a year. While preparing to move, the hose finally sold - to a couple from China! Truth is stranger than fiction. Ha ha. Anyway, I am trying to be a 'European' now, but truth is I am just a girl in the world.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:14 PM   #23
pachiaammos

You sure are an area of outstanding natural beauty. Ce n'est pas la ville mais c'est certainement la vie pour vous en famille. I'm curious how/if your husband works from there. Wondering if you all will learn to appreciate the sport of rugby.