A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Discussion Categories > What's Happening

Old 11-08-2017, 07:16 AM   #321
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Simplicity

Everything has its place, but when you waste time at the cost of your true happiness it is not good. I dropped every unnecessary activity so that I could meditate and try to know God, so that I could day and night be in His divine consciousness.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Self-Realization Magazine
Old 11-09-2017, 05:57 AM   #322
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Simplicity

We make too much of feeling, even admitting that the right kind of feeling is very enjoyable. What does it matter how you feel? Bear your lot as long as it is the will of God that you should do so. Act rightly, and in due time the right feeling of peace and joy will come.

Sri Gyanamata
God Alone: The Life and Letters of a Saint
Old 11-10-2017, 07:21 AM   #323
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Simplicity

It is so wonderful to be in tune with God and to trust in Him implicitly, being content wherever He places you and whatever He makes of you, accepting all with humility and devotion.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 11-11-2017, 07:06 AM   #324
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Devotion

Get devotion! Remember the words of Jesus: "Father, thou hast hidden these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes."

Paramahansa Yogananda
Sayings of Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 11-12-2017, 07:55 AM   #325
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Devotion

God says: "To the devotional call of that child of Mine who struggles, prays, and meditates in order to know Me in body, mind, and soul as the all-pervading, ever-new Joy - as the ever-increasing Bliss of meditation - I silently and deeply respond."

Paramahansa Yogananda
SRF Lessons
Old 11-13-2017, 07:23 AM   #326
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Devotion

The Searcher of Hearts wants only your sincere love. He is like a little child: someone may offer Him his whole wealth and He doesn't want it; and another cries to Him, "O Lord, I love You!" and into that devotee's heart He comes running. Don't seek God with any ulterior motive, but pray to Him with devotion - unconditional, one-pointed, steady devotion. When your love for Him is as great as your attachment to your mortal body, He will come to you.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest
Old 11-14-2017, 06:16 AM   #327
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Devotion

Remember, in your will is the will of God. In your heart you must love nothing more than God, who is a "jealous" God. If you want Him, you must have the will to cast away from your heart every desire but the desire for Him.

Paramahansa Yogananda
SRF Lessons
Old 11-15-2017, 07:08 AM   #328
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Devotion

Prayer in which your very soul is burning with desire for God is the only effectual prayer. You have prayed like that at some time, no doubt; perhaps when you wanted something very badly, or urgently needed money - then you burned up the ether with your desire. That is how you must feel for God. Talk to Him day and night; you will see that He will respond.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest
Old 11-16-2017, 06:19 AM   #329
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Devotion

Love Him, talk to Him every second of your life, in activity and in silence, with deep prayer, with the unceasing desire of your heart; and you shall see the screen of delusion melt away. He who is playing hide-and-seek in the beauty of flowers, in souls, in noble passions, in dreams, shall come forth and say: "You and I have been apart for a long time, because I desired that you give Me your love willingly. You are made in My image, and I wanted to see if you would use your freedom to give Me your love."

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest
Old 11-17-2017, 07:09 AM   #330
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Devotion

You should not concentrate on the thought that you lack devotion, but should work to develop it. Why be upset because God has not shown Himself to you? Think of the long time you ignored Him. Meditate more; go deep....By changing your habits you will awaken in your heart the memory of His wondrous Being; and, knowing Him, there is no doubt that you will love Him.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Sayings of Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 11-18-2017, 07:47 AM   #331
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Devotion

The true devotee's heart is always saying: "My Lord, my Lord, I do not want to become ensnared in the delusory drama of Thy creation. I want no part of it except to help in establishing Thy temple in the souls of men. My heart, my soul, my body and mind - everything belongs to Thee." Such devotion reaches God. That devotee knows God.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 11-19-2017, 07:48 AM   #332
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Devotion

Let not anyone else know how deeply you feel for the Lord. The Master of the Universe knows of your love; Don't display it before others, or you may lose it.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest
Old 11-20-2017, 06:53 AM   #333
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Devotion

The Lord is found through unceasing devotion. When you want only the Giver, and not His gifts, then He will come to you.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 11-21-2017, 05:54 AM   #334
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Gratitude

Every day should be a day of thanksgiving for the gifts of life: sunshine, water, and the luscious fruits and greens that are indirect gifts of the Great Giver. God makes us work so that we may deserve to receive His gifts. The All-Sufficient One does not need our thanks, however heartfelt, but when we are grateful to Him our attention is concentrated, for our highest benefit, upon the Great Source of all supply.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 11-22-2017, 06:43 AM   #335
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Gratitude

Our dear ones promise to love us forever; yet when they sink into the Great Sleep, their earth memories forsaken, what value their vows? Who, without telling us in words, loves us everlastingly? Who remembers us when all others forget us? Who will still be with us when we must leave the friends of this world? God alone.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Whispers From Eternity
Old Yesterday, 07:06 AM   #336
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Gratitude

When the summer of good fortune warms my tree of life, it easily burgeons with fragrant blossoms of thankfulness. During winter months of misfortune, O Lord, may my denuded branches changelessly waft toward Thee a secret scent of gratitude.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Whispers From Eternity
Old Today, 10:57 AM   #337
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Gratitude

Thanksgiving and praise open in your consciousness the way for spiritual growth and supply to come to you. Spirit pushes Itself out into visible manifestation as soon as a channel is opened through which It can flow. You should be thankful for everything at all times. Realize that all power to think, and speak, and act comes from God, and that He is with you now, guiding and inspiring you.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Thanksgiving Message