A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Discussion Categories > Where Needs are Met

Old 09-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
heathermaria

SRF Bangle for sale

Hello dear ones. I am selling my bangle that I have worn only a few times to travel to India. You can purchase it for $1650 they are currently selling for $2011. Many blessings.~ Heather
heathermaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
lotuspath
Hay hari Sundara

Hi, it is recommended that the Bangle not be sold to another Devotee due to the particular vibrations unique to the owner. If it is an Srf bangle, it was placed in Yogananda's room for blessings as well. Just a suggestion for any interested to buy or sell.

Nick from Astrogems.com will buy your bangle for 10% below spot gold. Not a great price I know, but he will put the funds towards good use for his business of helping others mitigate Karma through the use of Astrological Talismans. (I am in no way connected to his business, just a customer).

Last edited by lotuspath; 09-09-2013 at 07:48 PM.
lotuspath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
heathermaria

Thank you for the info. I just called Nick and we worked something out. Best to you..
heathermaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #4
omguruom

Hi heather, plenty of devotees have sold there bangles to another with no ill effect. Guruji has blessed it and it will bless whoever wears it.
It will b a blessing for some devotee who can't quite afford a brand spanking new one. On guru
omguruom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #5
lotuspath
Hay hari Sundara

I disagree with Omguru. I understand the cost savings of maybe a few hundred dollars. I personally would not do it. Work a little more and get the new one would be best. How do you know they are working optimally for your unique Karmic vibratory conditions? You don't unless you are realized.

Best not to wear another persons bangle if you can help it. Just because Devotees do things that seem okay does not mean that is in their best interest. I would actually like to be wrong on this, since it would mean more people could afford them. Do monastics do this? Do devotees give them used bangles? If so, then I would change my position since it is safe to say SRF would suggest against it otherwise.

Final question: Did our line of Guru's suggest this as being ok in any of the writings? At this time I cannot recall any reference to it -- either yes or no.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:06 AM   #6
omguruom

Hogwash & crumpets.... this is newage baulderdash! As u can see I disagree!
Simply Place the second hand bangle on your altar, meditate and pray to guruji to bless it, purify it and permeate it with thy light. The guru is omnipresent! So be it, be it so. Amen

Guruji has taught us to be practical.

End of topic

P.s. how do u know I'm not realised?
omguruom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:14 AM   #7
lotuspath
Hay hari Sundara

Lol....I don't my friend. For all I know you may be rapidly approaching Nirvikalpa.

Seems to me NOW I can recall an instance or two of devotees, or even a monastic lending to others in need the bangle and it being beneficial -- maybe it is as you say just fine.

Where then did I get this information of it being unwise to wear another persons bangle? I don't know or remember ! It came from some source that escapes me now.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #8
Bryon777

One can always buy a used one and pay SRF the extra fee to turn it in and receive a brand new one, if it makes financial sense.
Bryon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #9
lotuspath
Hay hari Sundara

That is a very good idea financially, and considering that the copper wears down and loses weight over time. My bangle had lost nearly half of it's copper weight, rendering it useless according to the required weight formula.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:35 PM   #10
masterofenergy

You can send to SRF with information of the owner and new owner and they will have it blessed for the new one. When a devotee passes their bangle may be transferred to another devotee, this is something SRF has dealt with and they are happy to advise on how to handle. I know this is old post, but wanted to add what I had been told as I have been looking to purchase one for my husband, but there is no way we can afford a new one and even one with a previous owner may not be affordable. I just trust that when it it meant to be that Guruji will help make it happen. My husband works so hard to provide for his family and sacrifices so much. I know someday somehow he will be blessed with a bangle that he desires, but will not think about as it is not as important to him as taking care of us and doing things for us. Jai Guru 🕉⚘
masterofenergy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bangle for sale