A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Discussion Categories > What's Happening

Old 07-20-2017, 10:52 AM   #201
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Practising the Presence of God

Once when I was meditating I heard His voice, whispering: "Thou dost say I am away, but thou didst not come in. That is why thou dost say I am away. I am always in. Come in and thou wilt see Me. I am always here, ready to greet thee."

- Sri Sri Paramahansa Yogananda
"Man's Eternal Quest"
Old 07-21-2017, 11:09 AM   #202
Adhikari
आत्मन्

When you meditate, immerse your whole mind in God. And when you are performing a duty, put your whole heart into it. But as soon as you are through with work, place your mind on the Lord. When you learn to practise the presence of God in every moment that you are free to think of Him, then even in the midst of work you will be aware of divine communion.

"Yogoda Satsanga Magazine"
Old 07-22-2017, 10:55 AM   #203
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Whenever your mind wanders in the maze of myriad worldly thoughts, patiently lead it back to remembrance of the indwelling Lord. In time you will find Him ever with you - a God who talks with you in your own language, a God whose face peeps at you from every flower and shrub and blade of grass. Then you shall say: "I am free! I am clothed in the gossamer of Spirit; I fly from earth to heaven on wings of light." And what joy will consume your being!

"Sayings of Paramahansa Yogananda"
Old 07-23-2017, 10:59 AM   #204
Adhikari
आत्मन्

God is approachable. Talking of Him and listening to His words in the scriptures, thinking of Him, feeling His presence in meditation, you will see that gradually the Unreal becomes real, and this world which you think is real will be seen as unreal. There is no joy like that realization.

"Man's Eternal Quest"
Old 07-24-2017, 10:45 AM   #205
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Sri Sri Mahavatar Babaji Smriti Divas has promised to guard and guide all sincere Kriya Yogis in their path toward the Goal.... "Whenever anyone utters with reverence the name of Babaji," Lahiri Mahasaya said, "that devotee attracts an instant spiritual blessing."

"Autobiography of a Yogi"

Last edited by Adhikari; 07-24-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Adhikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:04 AM   #206
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Although I am planning and doing things in the world, it is only to please the Lord. I test myself: even when I am working I whisper within, "Where are you Lord?" and the whole world changes. There is nothing but a great Light, and I am a little bubble in that Ocean of Light. Such is the joy of the existence in God.

-Sri Sri Paramahansa Yogananda
"Man's Eternal Quest"
Old 07-27-2017, 05:56 AM   #207
Adhikari
आत्मन्

How easy it is to pack the day with foolishness, how difficult to fill it with worthwhile activities and thoughts! Yet God is not so much interested in what we are doing as in where the mind is. Everyone has a different difficulty, but God doesn't listen to any excuses. He wants the devotee's mind to be engrossed in Him in spite of any troublesome circumstances.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest
Old 07-28-2017, 06:19 AM   #208
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Pray to Him, "Lord, You are the Master of creation, so I come to You. I will never give up until You talk to me and make me realize Your presence. I will not live without You."

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest
Old 07-29-2017, 11:18 AM   #209
Adhikari
आत्मन्

There cannot be any excuse for not thinking of God. Day and night, rolling in the background of your mind, God! God! God!.Whether you are washing dishes or digging a ditch or working in an office or a garden - whatever you may be doing - inwardly say, "Lord, manifest to me! You are right here. You are in the sun. You are in the grass. You are in the water. You are in this room. You are in my heart."

Paramahansa Yogananda
Journey to Self-realization
Old 07-29-2017, 12:31 PM   #210
Dave

Other titles by Paramahansa Yogananda include:

Autobiography of a Yogi
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:23 AM   #211
Adhikari
आत्मन्

No matter which way you turn a compass, its needle points to the north. So it is with the true yogi. Immersed he may be in many activities, but his mind is always on the Lord. His heart constantly sings: "My God, my God, most lovable of all!"

Paramahansa Yogananda
Sayings of Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 07-31-2017, 10:37 AM   #212
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Whenever you see a beautiful sunset, think to yourself: "It is God's painting on the sky." As you look into the face of each person you meet, think within: "It is God who has become that form." Apply this trend of thought to all experiences: "The blood in my body is God; the reason in my mind is God; the love in my heart is God; everything that exists is God."

Paramahansa Yogananda
SRF Lessons
Old 08-01-2017, 06:12 AM   #213
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Surrender to God

The greatest of all duties is to remember God. The first thing to do in the morning is to meditate on Him and think how you can give your life to His service, so that all day long you will be filled with His joy.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Self-Realization Magazine
Old 08-02-2017, 10:23 AM   #214
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Surrender to God

There is no way to find God's love other than to surrender to Him. Master your mind so that you may offer it to Him.

Paramahansa Yogananda
The Divine Romance
Old 08-03-2017, 06:12 AM   #215
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Surrender to God

Dear Father, whatever conditions confront me, I know that they represent the next step in my unfoldment. I will welcome all tests because I know that within me is the intelligence to understand and the power to overcome.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Metaphysical Meditations
Old 08-04-2017, 10:11 AM   #216
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Surrender to God

My guru, Sri Yukteswarji [said]: "To know God, don't expect anything. Just launch yourself with faith into His blissful Presence within."... The devotee will ultimately find Him if he remains sheltered in the Lord by thinking about Him during all good activities, and by fully surrendering to Him the outcome of all actions and all happenings in his life.

Paramahansa Yogananda
God Talks With Arjuna: The Bhagavad Gita
Old 08-05-2017, 05:55 AM   #217
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Surrender to God

I am Thine, O Lord! I will make myself worthy of Thine acceptance. I will not make a burnt offering unto the Lord my God of that which doth cost me nothing. I will lay myself, with all my prejudices and pettiness, with all the flesh holds dear, upon the burning pyre. I will lift my heart daily to Mahavatar Babaji, Lahiri Mahasaya, Swami Sri Yukteswarji, and my Guru Paramahansa Yoganandaji, asking for their many-jewelled gifts of Self-realization. In the stillness of night, out of the depth of my heart I will cry: "Speak, Lord, for Thy servant heareth." When the call to disagreeable duty is sounded, I will answer, "Here am I, Lord; send me."

Sri Gyanamata
God Alone: The Life and Letters of a Saint
Old 08-06-2017, 11:08 AM   #218
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Surrender to God

May every act of my will be impregnated with Thy divine vitality. Ornament with Thy grace my every concept, every expression, every ambition. O Divine Sculptor, chisel Thou my life to Thy design!

Paramahansa Yogananda
Whispers From Eternity
Old 08-07-2017, 06:11 AM   #219
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Surrender to God

The Lord knows the course of our thoughts. He does not reveal Himself to us until we have surrendered to Him our last worldly desire; until each of us says: "Father, guide and possess me."

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 08-07-2017, 12:28 PM   #220
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhikari View Post
The Lord knows the course of our thoughts. He does not reveal Himself to us until we have surrendered to Him our last worldly desire; until each of us says: "Father, guide and possess me."

Paramahansa Yogananda
THIS is it. This is the crux of it all. Do just this one thing, and everything else will be added unto you.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:29 PM   #221
Dave

BY the way, if you can give page numbers as citations, that would be great.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:00 PM   #222
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
BY the way, if you can give page numbers as citations, that would be great.
I can't give page numbers because the site I get these from doesn't give them.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:54 PM   #223
Dave

OK Never mind. Maybe someone else can look up the citations and provide the page numbers?
Old 08-08-2017, 06:10 AM   #224
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Surrender to God

When someone tells me how much he has worked for God, I see the poor quality of his spirit. Those who work for the Lord in the right way never think in terms of how much they are doing for Him. Rather, they think only of how much He is doing for them - giving them a body through which they can render service to others, a mind to think about Him and His wonders, and a heart to love Him as their Father, Maker, and sole Benefactor.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Self-Realization Magazine
Old 08-09-2017, 06:11 AM   #225
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Surrender to God

No matter how hard you work, never go to bed without giving God the deepest attention. You won't die; but die for God if it is necessary.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Lecture
Old 08-10-2017, 06:12 AM   #226
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Surrender to God

"Lord, my hands and feet are working for You. You have given me a certain part to play in this world, and everything I am doing in this world is for You." Surrender yourself to God and you will find that your life will become like a beautiful melody. If you try to do everything in the consciousness of God, you will see with joy that every day He is choosing certain duties for you to perform.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Lecture
Old 08-11-2017, 10:00 AM   #227
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Purification

Kriya Yoga is the real "fire rite" oft extolled in the Gita. The yogi casts his human longings into a monotheistic bonfire consecrated to the unparalleled God....All past and present desires are fuel consumed by love divine. The Ultimate Flame receives the sacrifice of all human madness, and man is pure of dross. His metaphorical bones stripped of all desirous flesh, his karmic skeleton bleached by antiseptic suns of wisdom, inoffensive before man and Maker, he is clean at last.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Autobiography of a Yogi
Old 08-12-2017, 10:28 AM   #228
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Purification

The will of God flows to the disciple through the Guru at all times. If we accept our discipline in the right spirit, it will strengthen our character as nothing else could.

Sri Gyanamata
God Alone: The Life and Letters of a Saint
Old 08-13-2017, 07:05 AM   #229
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Purification

Forsake slavery to the desires of the flesh. Until you have established your spiritual mastery over the body, the body is your enemy. Always remember that! Have no other desire than to spread His name and to think and sing of Him all the time. What joy! Can money give us this joy? No! It comes only from God.

Paramahansa Yogananda
The Divine Romance
Old 08-14-2017, 10:13 AM   #230
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Purification

The kingdom of my mind is begrimed with ignorance. By steady rains of diligence in self-discipline may I remove from my cities of spiritual carelessness the ancient debris of delusion.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Whispers From Eternity
Old 08-15-2017, 06:15 AM   #231
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Purification

..You cannot make steel until you have made the iron white-hot in fire. It is not meant for harm. Trouble and disease have a lesson for us. Our painful experiences are not meant to destroy us, but to burn out our dross, to hurry us back Home. No one is more anxious for our release than God.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest
Old 08-16-2017, 06:08 AM   #232
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Purification

The aspiring yogi of the West as well as of the East must discipline himself....He should refrain from making too much fuss about the body. If he sees he is finding time for everything else but is too busy for God, he should take the whip of discipline to himself. Why be afraid? There is everything to gain. If a man will not himself cry and struggle to attain his own salvation, will anyone else do it for him?

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest
Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM   #233
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Purification

In doing good we must sometimes suffer. To find the Lord we must be willing to suffer. What is it to endure discomfort of the flesh and discipline of the mind to gain the eternal solace of Spirit? Christ's joy in God was so great he was willing to give up the body for Him. The purpose of life is to attain that tremendous happiness - to find God.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest