A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Discussion Categories > What's Happening

Old 12-19-2017, 05:59 AM   #361
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Christmas

Will Jesus come again? Metaphysically, he is already omnipresent. He smiles at you through every flower. He feels his cosmic body in every speck of space. Every movement of the wind breathes the breath of Jesus. Through his oneness with the divine Christ Consciousness he is incarnate in all that lives. If you have eyes to behold, you can see him enthroned throughout creation.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest
Old 12-20-2017, 07:14 AM   #362
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Christmas

There is a vast difference between imagination and Self-realization. If you only imagine, you may have subconscious dreams and inner "visions" of Christ every day. But that does not mean that you are truly in touch with him. The real visitation of Jesus is the communion with Christ Consciousness. If you are in tune with that Christ, your whole life will change.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Journey to Self-realization
Old 12-21-2017, 07:10 AM   #363
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Christmas

O Christ, take possession of my heart and mind! Be thou reborn in me as love for all men. May thy consciousness which is in every atom manifest in me as unconditional loyalty to Guru and the Great Ones, and to thee, O Blessed Jesus, and to the Supreme who is the Father of all.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Self-Realization Magazine
Old 12-22-2017, 07:13 AM   #364
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Christmas

Coax Christ today with your songs and the devotion of your heart, and then coax him with your deepening Self-realization. With all the intensity of your zeal and inner perception, merge your consciousness in the happiness within. Forget time. When you feel joy spreading within you, realize that Christ is hearing your song. You are not identified with Christ if your concentration is merely on the words. But if your joy is singing within, Christ is listening to you.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 12-23-2017, 07:06 AM   #365
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Christmas

Through the transparency of my deepest meditation I will receive the light of the Father passing through me. I will be a son of God, even as Jesus was, by receiving God fully through my meditation-expanded soul consciousness. I will follow the shepherds of faith, devotion, and meditation, who will lead me through the star of inner wisdom to the omnipresent Christ.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 12-24-2017, 07:31 AM   #366
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Christmas Eve

All my thoughts are decorating the Christmas tree of meditation with the rare gifts of devotion, sealed with golden heart-prayers that Christ may come and receive my humble gifts. I will mentally join in the worship in all mosques, churches, and temples; and perceive the birth of the universal Christ Consciousness as peace on the altar of all devotional hearts.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Metaphysical Meditations
Old 12-25-2017, 07:30 AM   #367
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Christmas Day

May the Christmas spirit you feel not end with today; rather may it be with you every night as you meditate. Then in the silence of your own mind, as you drive away all restless thoughts, Christ Consciousness will come. If we all follow the spirit of Jesus we shall surely experience every day his presence within us.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest
Old 12-26-2017, 06:35 AM   #368
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Christmas

And so, dear ones, my Christmas will go on forever, in ever increasing joy everlasting. If this joy were limited, as worldly happiness is, a time would come when all would be finished. But no saint will ever be able to exhaust the ever-new bliss of God.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest
Old 12-27-2017, 07:13 AM   #369
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Patience

When tilling ground for the cultivation of crops, one needs patience to destroy all useless weeds; and to wait, even though the ground then appears barren, until the hidden good seeds sprout into plants. It requires still more patience to clear the field of consciousness that is overgrown with weeds of useless attachments to sense pleasures, which are very difficult to uproot. Yet when the field of consciousness is cleared, and sown with seeds of good qualities, plants of noble activities sprout forth, yielding abundantly the fruits of real happiness. Above all, have patience to seek communion with God through deep meditation and to become acquainted with your indestructible soul, hidden within your perishable earthly body.

Paramahansa Yogananda
in a Para-gram
Old 12-28-2017, 07:26 AM   #370
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Patience

The truth is, that which you want is with you all the time, closer than hands or feet. Any moment it may lift you above the world and personal depression. Wait patiently for Him.

Sri Gyanamata
God Alone: The Life and Letters of a Saint
Old 12-29-2017, 07:01 AM   #371
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Patience

Do not look for a spiritual flower every day. Sow the seed, water it with prayer and right endeavor. When it sprouts, take care of the plant, pulling out the weeds of doubt, indecision, and indifference that may spring up around it. Some morning you will suddenly behold your long-awaited spiritual flower of Realization.

Paramahansa Yogananda
in a Para-gram
Old 12-30-2017, 07:21 AM   #372
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Patience

You are your own enemy and you don't know it. You don't learn to sit quietly. You don't learn to give time to God. And you are impatient and expect to attain heaven all at once. You cannot get it by reading books or by listening to sermons or by doing charitable works. You can get it only by giving your time to Him in deep meditation.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest
Old 12-30-2017, 08:15 AM   #373
sulmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhikari View Post
You are your own enemy and you don't know it. You don't learn to sit quietly. You don't learn to give time to God. And you are impatient and expect to attain heaven all at once. You cannot get it by reading books or by listening to sermons or by doing charitable works. You can get it only by giving your time to Him in deep meditation.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest

This is a powerful quote. Here we are and still long for God but do not have the endurance to reach him, though it is truely simple as told by this quote.
sulmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:48 AM   #374
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Patience

Let us forget the sorrows of the past and make up our minds not to dwell on them in the New Year. With determination and unflinching will, let us renew our lives, our good habits, and our successes. If the last year has been hopelessly bad, the New Year must be hopefully good.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 01-01-2018, 11:15 AM   #375
Adhikari
आत्मन्

The New Year

With the opening of the New Year, all the closed portals of limitations will be thrown open and I shall move through them to vaster fields, where my worthwhile dreams of life will be fulfilled.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 01-02-2018, 07:07 AM   #376
Adhikari
आत्मन्

The New Year

For the New Year my greatest wish and prayer for you is that you cast aside wrong habits of thinking and doing. Don't drag your bad habits into the New Year. You don't have to carry them with you. Any minute you may have to drop your mortal package, and those habits will vanish. They don't belong to you now. Don't admit them! Leave behind all useless thoughts and past sorrows and bad habits. Start life anew!

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 01-03-2018, 07:10 AM   #377
Adhikari
आत्मन्

The New Year

Choose which habits you are going to destroy in the New Year. Make up your mind about them and stick to your decision. Resolve to give more time to God: to meditate regularly every day, and on one night each week to meditate several hours, so that you can feel your spiritual progress in God. Resolve that you are going to practice Kriya Yoga regularly and that you are going to control your appetites and emotions. Be a master!

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest
Old 01-04-2018, 07:11 AM   #378
Adhikari
आत्मन्

The Guru

In the beginning of one's spiritual search, it is wise to compare various spiritual paths and teachers. But when you find the real guru destined for you, the one whose teachings can lead you to the Divine Goal, then restless searching should cease. A spiritually thirsty person should not go on indefinitely seeking new wells; rather he should go to the best well and drink daily of its living waters.

Paramahansa Yogananda
SRF Lessons
Old 01-05-2018, 07:00 AM   #379
Adhikari
आत्मन्

The Guru - Birthday of Paramahansa Yogananda

If I don't see you, remember I am working for you in some other place. My seeing you all the time will not necessarily help you. You will receive more by meditating deeply and regularly. I am not here only to help you in this life, but in the beyond also.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Lecture
Old 01-06-2018, 06:59 AM   #380
Adhikari
आत्मन्

The Guru

I want to ply my boat, many times, Across the gulf-after-death, And return to earth's shores from my home in Heaven. I want to load my boat With those waiting, thirsty ones who are left behind, And carry them by the opal pool of iridescent joy Where my Father distributes His all-desire-quenching liquid peace.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Man's Eternal Quest
Old 01-07-2018, 07:30 AM   #381
Adhikari
आत्मन्

The Guru

O my Guru! If all the gods are wroth, and yet thou art satisfied with me, I am safe in the fortress of thy pleasure. And if all the gods protect me by the parapets of their blessings, and yet I receive not thy benediction, I am an orphan, left to pine spiritually in the ruins of thy displeasure. O Guru, thou didst lift me out of the land of bewilderment into the paradise of peace. My slumber of sorrow is ended, and I am awake in joy.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Whispers From Eternity
Old 01-08-2018, 07:05 AM   #382
Adhikari
आत्मन्

The Guru

It is because God wants you that I am here with you, calling you to come Home, where my Beloved is, where Christ and Krishna, and Babaji, Lahiri Mahasaya, Sri Yukteswarji, and the other saints are. "Come," the Lord is saying, "they are all rejoicing in Me. No worldly joys - the taste of food, the beauty of flowers, the passing pleasure of earthly love - can compare with the divine joys of My home." There is only one Reality. It is He. Forget everything else.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Sayings of Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 01-08-2018, 03:52 PM   #383
sulmonte

Para-Gram - Endurance - just great to start a new year:
You need not drown in the river of life when you encounter the strong storms of trails. Learn to be an expert boatman and you can row across this tumultuos river to the safe shores of God. "He that endureth to the end shall be saved" (Matthew10:22) - As you work and plan, remember that it is God who is working through you. Your mind should be charged with joy and detached from all unpleasant expierences. Be active, but not constantly active; relax completely when not active. Strengthen your will power so that you will not be controlled by circumstances, but will control them. Develop your will power by striving to do things that you thought you could not do. Work for others. Thus you will develop endurance and strength.
sulmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:11 AM   #384
Adhikari
आत्मन्

The Guru

When one has found his guru there should be unconditional devotion to him, because he is the vehicle of God. The guru's sole purpose is to bring the disciple to Self-realization; the love a guru receives from a devotee is given by the guru to God.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 01-10-2018, 07:11 AM   #385
Adhikari
आत्मन्

The Guru

I never miss you all when I am away, because inwardly you are always with me now, and will be forevermore. Whether we are living here or pass through the portals of death, we shall always be together in God.

Paramahansa Yogananda
to a group of disciples
Old 01-11-2018, 07:22 AM   #386
Adhikari
आत्मन्

The Guru

Without a guru the average devotee cannot find God. It requires 25% devoted practice of meditation techniques; 25% blessings of the guru; and 50% grace of God. If you remain steadfast in your efforts to the end, He will appear before you.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 01-12-2018, 07:13 AM   #387
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Obedience

The true disciple obeys his guru implicitly in everything because the guru is a man of wisdom and purity.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 01-13-2018, 07:01 AM   #388
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Obedience

If we allow our will to be led by the wisdom of a master, whose will is in tune with God's, the master then seeks to guide our will in such a way that we travel swiftly on the road back to divinity. The chief difference between a worldly man and a saint is that the wise man has attuned his will to the Divine Will.

Rajarsi Janakananda
Rajarsi Janakananda: A Great Western Yogi
Old 01-14-2018, 07:47 AM   #389
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Obedience

Sometimes students say to me: "Such-and-such person is making better spiritual progress than I am. Why?" I reply: "He knows how to listen." All men would be able to transform their lives by hearing with deep attention the simple counsel given in the ethical code of all religions. It is the stony core of egotism in the hearts of most men that prevents their listening carefully to the wisdom of the ages.

Paramahansa Yogananda
God Talks With Arjuna: The Bhagavad Gita
Old 01-15-2018, 07:18 AM   #390
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Obedience

Obedience to the guru is necessary for attunement with his wisdom. It is not slavery to follow the wish of a God-realized guru, because his wish gives independence and freedom. A true guru is the servant of God, carrying out His plan for your liberation. Realize this, and you will always obey, until you find perfect freedom in Spirit.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 01-16-2018, 07:12 AM   #391
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Obedience

Without God-realization you have little freedom. Your life is ruled by impulse, whims, moods, habits, and environment. By following the advice of a true guru, and by accepting his discipline, you will gradually emerge from sense slavery.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 01-17-2018, 07:12 AM   #392
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Obedience

It is easy for me to plant the seed of love for the Divine in those who are in tune with me. Those who obey my wishes are in reality not obeying me but the Father in me. God doesn't talk to man direct, but uses the channel of the guru and his teachings.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 01-18-2018, 06:58 AM   #393
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Obedience

Even the greatest masters listen humbly to their gurus, because it is the way of righteousness.

Paramahansa Yogananda
Old Yesterday, 07:14 AM   #394
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Obedience

When you are unwilling to perform a task you are tired from the beginning, and when you are willing you are full of energy. Always work willingly and you will find that you are sustained by the indefatigable power of God.

Paramahansa Yogananda