A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Discussion Categories > Yoga and Meditation

Old 01-03-2015, 10:33 PM   #41
blue nova
~*~* soul *~*~

the path unto god again can be very entertaining.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:29 AM   #42
Jitendra

Lightbulb For me....

For me... when I see anger in others and at times directed at me and others.....The question I ask myself becomes this: Do these people really care about me when I care about them? e.g.; If they ask me not to communicate with them or threaten or call the police it is obvious they do not. So even if they do communicate again it is better to take them at their word before and leave them to themselves until such time as you hear or see them act differently. Otherwise we can end up the scapegoat for misplaced anger.

Last edited by Jitendra; 01-07-2015 at 02:46 PM.
Jitendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 07:15 PM   #43
Jitendra

Ultimatum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoy View Post
I had rottweilers and american staffordshire dogs (Istill have a fierce looking but good-natured amstaff). I bred rottweilers once. I've been talking frequently with people who had all kind of fiesty dogs and to dog breeders themselves.
Even very uneducated people were aware that an unstable rottweiler or pitbull (and any dog capable of inflicting serious damage) MUST be put to Death.
As simple as that. Sometimes those dogs can be Dangerous to people around even if mentally stable.

This is a bit like an ultimatum or closure in human relationships. It is similar to this: 'If you don't do this then I will have to take this action.' Or this; 'If you force the issue I will take this action.' Instead of a dog - you put down a person. Some people are not quite as good at closure or giving an ultimatum, so they just blow up in anger and are not able to think out of the box to find solutions.

It is something to be aware of. The problem with humans is that often we regret taking such dramatic action. Because it can destroy what was once a wonderful relationship and it leaves a relationship unresolved. It really is not a spiritual solution but instead leaves karma for ourselves.

There is usually a much better procedure of creating space between ourselves and others when no resolution can be found. This is what I have had to do at various times in my life when people have treated me or those around me unfairly and angrily. Human beings, unless dangerous in their actions, can be given time to think things over, heal and get a different perspective. Sometimes it only takes a few hours, other times months years or life times.

Steve

Last edited by Jitendra; 01-13-2015 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:25 AM   #44
brock

I think this guy is on to something when it comes to dealing with anger.

http://www.amazon.com/Radical-Honest...asin=970693842
brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:38 AM   #45
Jitendra

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock View Post
I think this guy is on to something when it comes to dealing with anger.

http://www.amazon.com/Radical-Honest...asin=970693842
Not sure about buying new books now... but perhaps u can share some of the ideas at spiritualportal or here. We can get an accurate appraisal of how much a person cares about us if they show anger without any remorse or apology. Anger is sometimes a continual part of a person's make up. It shows a lack of gratitude and an inability to watch the show without judgement. After all it is God's movie and movie theater here on earth. Some people start believing it is their own.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:00 PM   #46
Jitendra

Arrow Those we love....

It seems like we often get angry with those we love. For once at another time and place we were bathed together in a most warm and soothing energy. Why tarnish beautiful memories with anger? There is nothing righteous about this... just something wrongteous.

To b truly loving is to take u on journey that never ends. It is the journey back to our true home in spirit. You know those we meet by their spirit. If their spirit is loving it will not resort to anger towards those who share love with them. For love heals all... all wounds.

Last edited by Jitendra; 01-20-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:02 AM   #47
Jai Guruji
Thy naughty babe!

Lahiri Mahasaya recommended Kriya Yoga for every problem that one faced. I'd say that's pretty good advice.

If one doesn't have Kriya or if you really want to prepare and calm the body and mind to practice the holy technique, I would say that there is nothing greater to calm any emotion than Master's energization exercises.

They have been invaluable when emotions rise. Anger, lust, frustration, sadness, depression, or effects of PTSD. You name it I've practiced the EE and found my mood or emotions instantly improved.

Jai guru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsol View Post
Someone recently asked me if I was aware of any meditations or techniques Master left us to deal with anger - specifically. Do we have a particular mantra? A breathing exercise? A certain text we should read? I realized I didn't know the answer. I also realized that I could be dealing with anger better myself, especially lately. So!

1. Do you know of any techniques designed to help with anger? I don't mean fleeting irritations, but the kind of anger that can last hours, days or years...

2. If not, how do you personally deal with anger? What works best for you?

Thank you so much!

IDF, shannon
Old 01-27-2015, 03:53 AM   #48
Jitendra

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue nova View Post
y u keep using 'evil' as an excuse ???

'evil' is ego, body consciousness.

let go of 'evil'. rise above the ego...

get over it and move on...aka, let god in instead of letting ego in.

yogananda/krishna/christ gave us a way out....

just because we take test to have a license doesn't mean we're good drivers...
Blue Nova

i believe it is respectful to the requests of others to not respond to their posts their texts emails etc. if they have requested this.... especially if they have added legal threats if such requests are not met. It is best to take others serious when they have serious concerns...whether justified or not. So that is y i have not responded.... even when people seem to be at odds with their own requests.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue nova View Post
the path unto god again can be very entertaining.

Last edited by Jitendra; 01-27-2015 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:01 AM   #49
Jitendra

Reacting to Anger and Sleepers

Soul that likes to sleep should be put to rest. As we plan on how we will move on. In the meantime no one can stop us in our spiritual progression because this is an inward journey that no one outside of us can control... unless of course we let them by reacting to events that continue another round of karma for us and all involved. Then indeed we recognize how sleepers only attract snoring. There is an explanation for attracting abuse and anger. Altough that requires looking into ourselves. A very difficult endeavor that nevertheless must be undertaken for further spiritual progress.

Jitendra

Last edited by Jitendra; 02-21-2015 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:28 AM   #50
rasa
The it one

I've found this mantra helps me with whatever undiagnosed combination of the alphabet soup I have..

Om Aim Srim Hrim Saraswati Devyai Namah
(om I'm shreem hreem saraswati dave-yay nom-aha)

Results can be felt as soon as you chant the first three syllables. You can look heavily into the mystical meaning if you like, but I'd be just as satisfied hearing an amateur pop psychologist explain the benefit of mantra meditation.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:36 PM   #51
kabbalah

I like the psalms in the bible for healing anger. These may sound angry at times, but they actually fluctuate between different sentiments. Despite that, I have found the psalms to be very healing at times. I have the psalms on my Ipod. The psalms are very abstract and symbolic and I can get odd sensations from them, but they can definitely help a great deal.

Here is just one psalm that for some reason comes to mind:

Psalm 27

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

When the wicked advance against me
to devour me,
it is my enemies and my foes
who will stumble and fall.
Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident.

One thing I ask from the Lord,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.
For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
and set me high upon a rock.

Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the Lord.

Hear my voice when I call, Lord;
be merciful to me and answer me.
My heart says of you, “Seek his face!”
Your face, Lord, I will seek.
Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
God my Savior.
Though my father and mother forsake me,
the Lord will receive me.
Teach me your way, Lord;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.
Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
spouting malicious accusations.

I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.

======================

I also like the boddhisatvas way of life and the commentary by the Dalai Lama (book called "healing anger")

These concepts are from that book

If someone harms me because they are a hurtful person by nature, then being angry at them for harming me is like being angry at fire for burning, but if it is accidental that they caused me harm or due to circumstances then being angry at them is like being angry at fire for burning.

Mantra:
People are influenced by many factors, none of these factors arise saying "I shall arise in order to cause harm" - that is say a man is in a bad mood because he woke up on the wrong side of the bed. His bad night of sleep is a circumstantial condition that influenced him to treat me discourteously but that condition (of bad sleep) did not arise with the thought or intent to cause me harm. This illustrates that all phenomenon are empty, nothing is independent all things are interdependent and empty.

All phenomenon are empty, this is like maya from the buddhist persecptive (emptiness)

Mantra:

" I observe the end of all phenomenon. I observe the end of suffering due to unenlightened existence, I observe the end of desire, I observe letting go"

This means everything is empty and dreamlike (of the nature of maya) and lacks the solid reality that it appears to have, thus there is no reason to be angry - let go

anger is often the result of unfulfilled desire, yet desire is transient .. today you feel desire, tomorrow you may not and in 100 years that particular desire will not exist or be replaced by something different.

Mantra:

"I endure pain and suffering in order to develop empathy and to cultivate wisdom for the benefit of all sentient beings"

- I do not go looking for trouble, but when trouble finds me, I try to find meaning in it. Thus finding meaning in suffering may help to transform that suffering into something meaningful because a sense of life without meaning can lead to a feeling of suffering but where meaning is found, this can help to endure that suffering ..

also, if none of these meditations seem to help, then try something else or come back to them later and see if they are useful some other time
kabbalah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:02 PM   #52
Heidi

Referral

Hello Striving,

>But I was fortunate enough to be led to a spiritual doctor, a Naturopath (who also was an SRF Kriya Yogi, and who understood my plight).
He taught me some invaluable lessons - if you can treat the panic, you can treat the asthma. So through various healing methods, I've now done away with my inhalers, it's been over 3 years now since I've had any anxiety major problems resulting in asthma. I thank Guruji for this healing, as I'm sure his unseen hands were working through this man.

Kriya, 20-20-20 breathing, and affirmations are essential. If that can't even be done, just taking deep inhalations and exhalations can be enough to still the mind. A bit simple, but profound nonetheless.

I dunno if all of this helps. Granted my circumstances were a little different, but both Panic and Anger are both similar in their level of detriment on the psyche.

*smiles*[/quote]

Would you be willing to share this wonderful spiritual doctor's name, either here or in private message? I would love to know one who follows SRF's teachings.
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote