A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Discussion Categories > Open Discussion

Old 09-05-2017, 07:04 PM   #1
TSV Raghavan

Spiritualism

Never ever harm any living entity knowingly. This is against the laws of nature. Remember Ďas you sow so you reapí. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Good deeds beget good results and the bad once get bad consequences.

The ignorant human being mistakes a rope for a snake. Similarly we mistake this universe as something other than the self.
TSV Raghavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:55 AM   #2
yogagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSV Raghavan View Post
Never ever harm any living entity knowingly. This is against the laws of nature. Remember Ďas you sow so you reapí. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Good deeds beget good results and the bad once get bad consequences.

The ignorant human being mistakes a rope for a snake. Similarly we mistake this universe as something other than the self.
Thank you for this reminder.
My husband gave me the statue of the buddha for my bithday.
But, as the last few days I have spent time repairing my fence and endlessly chasing my neighbour's sheep from my garden, and watching as they have devoured every last remaining flower, I realize that I am far from this understanding and from understanding how Buddha was ready to give up his life for a sheep! I find it confusing to have both Buddha and the sheep in my gatden!
yogagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:41 PM   #3
TSV Raghavan

Holy Truths

Mind is the main cause of bondage for the otherwise free soul. This bondage is freed when one is in love with god.

One should be moderate in eating, drinking and recreation. One should walk the path of solitude. One should seek peace within oneís heart. One should refrain from finding fault in others.

Last edited by mccoy; 09-14-2017 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:51 PM   #4
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Why don't you put your posts into one thread and pay attention someone who replies to you?
Old 09-12-2017, 08:12 PM   #5
khitomer

He does this on every SRF board. Its the same Hare Krishna guy trying to sound relevant to SRF teachings but invariably weaving in stuff about Prabhupad and the IKCSON viewpoint. Hes been banned from several boards on numerous occasions.

Last edited by khitomer; 09-13-2017 at 07:48 AM.
khitomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:51 AM   #6
mccoy
supernal user

This guy is evidently on a self-appointed mission. Good for him to have a purpose in life!

I'll see if I can merge all similar posts into a single thread.
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:57 AM   #7
mccoy
supernal user

OK, I'm going to move all these threads into the more relevant section 'Inspirational texts' and eventually trying to merge all into a single one, if Shannon sees it fit.
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:14 AM   #8
mccoy
supernal user

What I did actually is to move most threads into relevant sections: inspirational texts, prayer, temples and places. The content is obviously not against the boards rules but the behaviour, if reiterated, might be.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:33 PM   #9
TSV Raghavan

Holy truths

One should always do ones duty faithfully regardless of oneís condition in life.

One should surrender all oneís deeds to god. You should take an eager thirst for righteousness, truth and freedom.

One should be moderate in eating, drinking and recreation and practice nonviolence.

One should not covet wealth of others. Accept only for your daily needs. Practice self control and self denial.

Last edited by mccoy; 09-14-2017 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:52 AM   #10
khitomer

Can you please stop spamming the board with your 'teachings'?

Thanks.
khitomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:30 AM   #11
mccoy
supernal user

TVS, I thank you very much in the name of the community to remind those holy truths to us.

However, many of us feel that the above truths might be contained in a single thread, where we may better consult them.

In the spirit of your mission thus, you might make a better service to write all similar lofty truths and thoughts in successive posts in here.

In the spirit of respect toward the other members of the board, if you don't do that I'll do that until I can.

Afterwards, I may have to temporarily take other measures which we all would prefer not to.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:59 PM   #12
TSV Raghavan

Vakratunda mahakaya suryakoti samaprabha

To practice meditation one should select a secluded spot, sit there with his back erect but not tense, withdraw his mind from sense objects, and concentrate only on god by withdrawing into a shell within the body. Practice Pranayama (breathing in breathing out steadily) for that is the key towards concentration on the divine and good health.

There are broadly five categories of devotion to god namely Sant Bhakti (saintly devotion), Dasa Bhakti (Devotion as servant of god), Pitra Bhakti (Parental love for god), Mitra Bhakti (Devotion as a friend) and Vatsalya Bhakti (Conjugal love for god).

Whereas all five are divine and noble, yet whereas Dasa Bhakti (Servant of god) is mostly by male devotees, Vatsalya Bhakti (Conjugal love) is mostly a preserve of the female devotees.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:23 PM   #13
TSV Raghavan

Hari bol

Sant Bhakti (Saintly love) is where the devotee, thinks about god all the time and composes and chants hymns and builds temples on his favorite godís form. Examples of such devotees are Saint Tukaram, Saint Purandhradasa, etc.

Dasa Bhakti (Servant of god) is where the devotee prefers to be the lordís slave who obeys godís orders without questioning and performs herculean tasks for the sake of god and in service to humanity in general. This is essentially a masculine form of devotion.

The best example is Lord Hanuman the monkey god. Other more human are Mahavtar Babaji, Yogavatar Lahiri Mahasaya, Gyanavtar Sriyukteshwara giri, Premavatar Paramhansa Yogananda, Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami the founder of Isckon, Sohom Swami etc. are servants of god.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:28 PM   #14
TSV Raghavan

Om namah shivaya

Pitra Bhakti (Parental love) is where the devotee treats god as a child and wants to mother or father him. Examples of this noble devotion are Yashoda, Devaki, Nand, Vasudev, Kaushlya, Sumitra, Kaikeyi, Dashrat, etc.

Mitra Bhakti (Friendly love) is where god is considered a very dear friend. Examples are the Gopa kumaras of the holy Vrindavana, Sudama, Pandavas, etc.

Vatsalya Bhakti (Conjugal love) is a very high and pure form of devotion where the devotee takes god as a lover. This is mostly a feminine form of devotion. The best examples are the Gopikas of Vrindavan, Srimati Radharani, Rukmini, Satyabama, the numerous wives of lord Krshna, Sita etc.

The absolute love for god is divine and is called devotion.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:23 AM   #15
LoveIsAll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSV Raghavan View Post
To practice meditation one should select a secluded spot, sit there with his back erect but not tense, withdraw his mind from sense objects, and concentrate only on god by withdrawing into a shell within the body. Practice Pranayama (breathing in breathing out steadily) for that is the key towards concentration on the divine and good health.

There are broadly five categories of devotion to god namely Sant Bhakti (saintly devotion), Dasa Bhakti (Devotion as servant of god), Pitra Bhakti (Parental love for god), Mitra Bhakti (Devotion as a friend) and Vatsalya Bhakti (Conjugal love for god).

Whereas all five are divine and noble, yet whereas Dasa Bhakti (Servant of god) is mostly by male devotees, Vatsalya Bhakti (Conjugal love) is mostly a preserve of the female devotees.
Vatsalya bhakti is parental bhakti not conjugal bhakti...correcting it just so it may not confuse anyone....

Bhagavad Gita, VI:30,31
LoveIsAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:14 PM   #16
TSV Raghavan

Spiritualism

Human birth is blessed. One should not waste it by hankering after carnal pleasures.

For them meditation is the highest activity. Association with and service to holy people opens the kingdom of god. One should keep away from selfish desires and be equally poised amidst all oppositions. One should love everyone and practice truth.

One should control speech, prefer solitude and meditate on lord.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:53 PM   #17
TSV Raghavan

Hare krshna hare rama

Human beings get into the rut of the material world and go into a vicious cycle

of repeated births and death till they meditate on god and come out of this

wheel of time. Then they realize finally that they are nothing but the divine self.

Mind is the abode of all miseries like disease, old age, poverty, hunger, lust,

greed and anger etc. You are judged by the company you keep. Hence always

keep divine company.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:09 PM   #18
TSV Raghavan

Har har mahadev

Remember only one in a million is genuine in this world. Be good to him or her all the time. If you are careless this one person will leave you and the remaining will tear you apart.

The only way for you to make sure that this person never leaves you is by becoming that one in a million yourself.
Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM   #19
TSV Raghavan

Spiritualism

If a person commits crimes in a life and dies without suffering the

consequences, the person gets back the results of those karma in his/her next

birth with interest. What you sow so you reap. Every action has an equal and

opposite reaction. What you say or do comes back to you with interest.