A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Discussion Categories > Supportive Friendship

Old 04-21-2017, 10:52 AM   #81
Adhikari
आत्मन्

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuldip_divinity View Post
Does 74 kgs amount to overweight?

Just asking for fun....
What's your height?
Old 04-21-2017, 10:52 AM   #82
Delsol
Administrator

As a general number, no!

But that number also depends on how tall you are, right? He he

Do you like your body? Really feel good in it?

Confidence is the sexiest quality of all.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:40 PM   #83
brock

It probably depends on who you ask, but based on your picture you don't look overweight to me. If you saw a picture of me someone might say I am too skinny. But really, based on your avatar, you are a nice looking guy. What kind of person looks at someone and says, "They are beyond the weight limit for me"? I can't help wondering. On your first date, will they have a scale waiting for you? I would say you've been spared of these fools who will only mean misery for you if you do get caught in their orbit. I would date a heavier girl if we resonated with one another. I do admit that I would not want to date someone that was actually extremely obese. At 74 kgs, I don't think you are anywhere near being that. But I guess it depends on whose making the judgement call. Most marriages appear to suck anyway, unfortunately. I've never been married, but just as an onlooker, it seems pretty awful. Best of luck to you.

brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:56 PM   #84
brock

Being single has it's own awfulness, though. Life is simply cruel.
brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:19 AM   #85
mccoy
supernal user

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuldip_divinity View Post
Delsol

I have still not. Girls reject me based on my pictures as they see me overweight.
Kuldip, I almost believed in India being overweight was still a coveted sign of health and success and prosperity!!

Do Indian girls like guys just lean and mean or do they like a muscular look?
Or are they so sophisticated to just prefer specific combinations like muscular + ripped, brutally muscular, huge and strong?

Like the other guys told here, weight on itself is not enough to define physical corpulence.

As a matter of fact, not even the BMI (body mass index) usually used to the purpose, is much useful since many bodybuilders would turn out to be defined obese.

Anyway, you may start from your BMI:

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/edu...MI/bmicalc.htm

then estimate your bodyfat:

https://ketogains.com/2015/09/how-to...percentage-bf/

Then maybe measure your WHR (waist to height ratio):

https://www.health-calc.com/body-com...o-height-ratio

After the above, you have an objective idea whether or not you are corpulent and how much. You can also decide to loose some kilos and it is not so difficult once you get committed and try hard enough.

Pls post your results here.

If you decide to shed weight, there are so many options and you may ask for suggestions. At this time, I've been exploring almost all diets, especially the vegan and vegetarian ones.

Bottom line, confidence like Shannon rightly says is often crucial, and maybe your pictures do not exhibit such.

Having a professional photographer make pictures of yourself might also be a smart marketing strategy.
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:50 PM   #86
triguybos

Hey Kuldip,
Perhaps taking a break from your daily life and routine to spend a week or so at one of Master's YSS ashrams may help you think through your desire to marry a soulmate and this situation. There's an awesome and calm-instilling SRF ashram in California called Hidden Valley, which I've been to a couple of times. I talk to the guys who happened to be there and we invariably exchanges reasons why we're there. A lot of us go there to unplug from the world so that we can clear our head of the endless world-centric thoughts and emotions and examine ourselves in quietude. Maybe spending time communing and meditating at a YSS ashram can bring you insight on your situation and possible solutions? Talking with God there may bring you the Answer.
On the one hand, I fully believe that God gives you the desires of your heart. On the other hand, there are times when you want something so badly that it is seems impossible and hard to obtain, that maybe it may not really be what you truly desire. In my experience, this latter scenario usually accompanies signs of obstacles in my path that prevent me from obtaining it. And when I "force" it in spite of these warning signs, I end up not only not fulfilling my desires but also being miserable. That is, I was not meant to have it.

Best wishes to you.
triguybos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:38 AM   #87
kuldip_divinity

@ Adhikari. My height is 5.5 inches or so.

Yes Shannon, I like my body very much.

@ Brock. Thank you for your appreciation. The picture is probably 4+ years old, so I will change it to something good anytime.
In India, if you are going for an arranged marriage, dating does not happen. Hehehe. However, today, one can regularly talk on the phone or meet twice or thrice outside before marriage happens after engagement.

@ Mccoy. In my perception, the present Indian girl likes a healthy (not too lean nor too fat) man. Muscular can be good.

I have started walking in the morning again. If I get some more time, I do yoga as well.
The thing is that my body gets lean after regular excercise soon and gets fat soon after eating some junk food. I had started horse riding 2 years back until mid 2016. I really enjoyed on the horses and I did lose some fat. But the girls were nowhere to be seen.

Here is my FB link. You will get an idea of how I look.
kuldip_divinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 03:48 PM   #88
Delsol
Administrator

Not quite on topic, but I sometimes wonder if some of us are just meant to be 'unattached' that way. Maybe God wants ALL our attention/Love!

Old 05-04-2017, 08:27 PM   #89
lotuspath
Hay hari Sundara

Good point Delsol. I wasn't cut out to be a monastic this life, but maybe next one I will be if that is what is best for me. I do know many devotees in the world who are completely content being single and not having a partner. They fill their social needs and desires with work, church, relatives, children etc.

My sagitarrius moon likes to keep me not so attached to people it seems. And I have moved around quite a lot and enjoyed all the people I have known and loved through the years and still do.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:26 AM   #90
mccoy
supernal user

Kuldip, if you are not particularly muscular, you should loose about 10 kg and reach 64 kg. That would be a reasonable target.
As far as I know (I might be wrong), presently the typical Indian diet is often full of sugar and starch hence potentially conducive to insuline resistance →overweight→pre-diabetes.
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:05 PM   #91
kuldip_divinity

Yes, I am trying to lose weight. My target is 69 currently. Hoping to reach it at the end of the year.

Kuldip
kuldip_divinity is offline   Reply With Quote