A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Discussion Categories > Open Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2017, 03:36 PM   #1
mccoy
supernal user
 
mccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Italy, Europe
Posts: 6,784
Vegetal food is God's answer to Satan-created illness

As related by the great Yogananda, we know that God created the cosmos with the help of cosmic lieutenants. The plan was that his creation had to be perfect.
One of the cosmic lieutenant-intelligences though, Satan, went astray and started disseminating imperfection in creation, death by accidents and sickness.

However, God, even though he decided to leave Satan and his noxious actions alone, started to provide antidotes.

One of these protective mechanisms is the close evolutionary interaction between plants and human beings. Since when primates had not yet an evolved central nervous system, capable to express the higher states of consciousness, they ate mainly plant-based food, in the form of foliage, fruit and nuts. The early hominids and the later homo sapiens evolved with this inherent need for plant-based food. Meat and fish can be digested by man to let him survive in unfavourable times and conditions but not as a mainstay. The price to pay to ignore this point is often illness, degeneration and death. Man is potentially omnivorous but geared to consume mainly unrefined, unprocessed vegetable food.

Plants contain phytochemicals which are hugely beneficial to man's health. Plants are living chemical labs, where an unthinkable quantity of chemical compounds is distilled. Plants (fruit, vegetables, nuts & seeds) are man's food and medicine. The mechanism by which plants phytochemicals are able to counteract the evil intelligence of Satan-created sicknesses has been very recently pinpointed and is an area of fascinating research. The mechanism is called hormesis and xenohormesis. The plants phytochemicals are often toxins used by plants as a defense against predators and unfavourable conditions. Plants cannot fly away, they are grounded, they need to defend by inside resources. These resources are the innumerable chemical compounds they produce.

Bottom line, is that the human system has evolved to benefit of plants as both food and medicine. Satan created sickness, God favoured the evolution of plant-based biochemical processes which provide molecules which counteract Satan's mischief.

Neurohormetic Phytochemicals: An Evolutionary - Bioenergetic Perspective

Quote:
Plants play important roles in human life, not only as food sources, but also as sources of medicines used in traditional healing practices and Western medicine as well. Consumption of diets rich in vegetables and fruits is often associated with health benefits for the body and brain (Lee et al., 2014; Nair et al., 2007). Epidemiological studies suggest that diets rich in phytochemicals can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke, diabetes, some cancers, rheumatoid arthritis and neurodegenerative diseases (Carter et al., 2010; Mattson et al., 2007; Slavin and Lloyd, 2012)....
Understanding the evolutionary events taking place during hundreds of millions of years of co-evolution of plants and animals could provide answers to the question of how and why plants produce a bewildering arsenal of phytochemicals, as well as the complex counter-defense mechanisms developed by the animals that consume the plants (Figure 1). Plants constantly face numerous biotic and abiotic environmental stressors including heat, cold, drought, and attack by herbivores and pathogens (Grassmann et al., 2002; Krasensky and Jonak, 2012). In the case of attack by animals, plants have evolved two major strategies, namely, physical defenses and chemical defenses (Grassmann et al., 2002). Plants synthesize secondary metabolites, broadly termed ‘phytochemicals’ as defenses to dissuade insects and other herbivores from eating them. Most of these phytochemicals, which are usually bitter in taste, are present at a relatively low level in the plant materials. The co-evolution of plants and animals enabled adaptation of animals to these otherwise potentially toxic substances. At low doses, phytochemicals have beneficial or stimulatory effects on animal cells, whereas when consumed in high amounts the phytochemicals can be toxic. This is an example of “hormesis” – when cells and organisms are challenged with mild stress by some of the noxious phytochemicals present in the plants, they respond adaptively in ways that help them withstand more severe stress (Lee et al., 2014; Mattson, 2008a). Hormetic phytochemicals such as resveratrol, sulforaphane, curcumin, catechins, allicin and hypericin are reported to activate adaptive stress response signaling pathways that increase cellular resistance to injury and disease (Mattson and Cheng, 2006).
...
Why might phytochemicals have beneficial effects on the human nervous system if they are produced to protect plants? Herbivores, and omnivorous animals including humans, have been ingesting plants as part of their diet throughout their evolutionary history (Nair et al., 2007). Human neurons have conserved many of the same signaling pathways that first evolved in insects and other herbivores that preceded humans in evolution. Examples include pathways that signal via Nrf2, SIRT1 and AMPK (Menendez et al., 2013; Misra et al., 2013; Trinh et al., 2010). Activation of one or more of these signaling pathways that evolved to defend cells against potentially toxic phytochemicals appears to be a major reason why ingestion of the phytochemicals can protect neurons against injury and disease (Calabrese et al., 2008; Lee et al., 2014).

Learning and memory is essential for the survival of all animals and, in this regard, remembering encounters with and locations of specific food sources is of fundamental importance. Different plants have distinct tastes and odors that are readily distinguished and remembered by the nervous systems of animals. Decisions of whether or not a particular animal consumes a particular plant or part of a plant (fruit, leaves or roots) are undoubtedly based on several factors including energy density (e.g., low calorie grasses and leaves versus high calorie fruits and nuts) and palatability. Recent findings suggest that chimpanzees develop a ‘botanical encyclopedia’ which they use to reliably locate different types of fruit based on the animals knowledge of the location of the plants species and the time of year that species bears ripe fruit (Janmaat et al., 2013). Because most plants produce bitter- or sour-tasting chemicals and concentrate them in exposed vulnerable structures (e.g., the skins/peels of fruits), these chemicals may or may not be ingested depending upon the intensity of the bitterness or sourness. Thus, humans typically remove the skins of citrus fruits and bananas, but consume the skins of apples, cherries, blueberries and many other fruits.
__________________
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:12 PM   #2
Dave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: London, UK
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoy View Post
As related by the great Yogananda, we know that God created the cosmos with the help of cosmic lieutenants. The plan was that his creation had to be perfect.
One of the cosmic lieutenant-intelligences though, Satan, went astray and started disseminating imperfection in creation, death by accidents and sickness.

However, God, even though he decided to leave Satan and his noxious actions alone, started to provide antidotes.

One of these protective mechanisms is the close evolutionary interaction between plants and human beings. Since when primates had not yet an evolved central nervous system, capable to express the higher states of consciousness, they ate mainly plant-based food, in the form of foliage, fruit and nuts. The early hominids and the later homo sapiens evolved with this inherent need for plant-based food. Meat and fish can be digested by man to let him survive in unfavourable times and conditions but not as a mainstay. The price to pay to ignore this point is often illness, degeneration and death. Man is potentially omnivorous but geared to consume mainly unrefined, unprocessed vegetable food.

Plants contain phytochemicals which are hugely beneficial to man's health. Plants are living chemical labs, where an unthinkable quantity of chemical compounds is distilled. Plants (fruit, vegetables, nuts & seeds) are man's food and medicine. The mechanism by which plants phytochemicals are able to counteract the evil intelligence of Satan-created sicknesses has been very recently pinpointed and is an area of fascinating research. The mechanism is called hormesis and xenohormesis. The plants phytochemicals are often toxins used by plants as a defense against predators and unfavourable conditions. Plants cannot fly away, they are grounded, they need to defend by inside resources. These resources are the innumerable chemical compounds they produce.

Bottom line, is that the human system has evolved to benefit of plants as both food and medicine. Satan created sickness, God favoured the evolution of plant-based biochemical processes which provide molecules which counteract Satan's mischief.

Neurohormetic Phytochemicals: An Evolutionary - Bioenergetic Perspective

McCoy, your fasination with Satan seems to me to display an imbalance. I think about 30% of the Gospels mention hell and satan. That means that about 70% don't.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:38 AM   #3
Philippe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 72
Good remark Dave ;-)

And I like the idea of Mccoy. Most probably our ancestors started to eat too much animal food when they colonized the planet.
Many diseases may find their origin, directly or indirectly in that diet. Going back collectively to a plant based diet is most probably an important element for humanity in this ascending Yuga.
Philippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:13 PM   #4
mike1yogi
Registered User
 
mike1yogi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: USA, Hiranyaloka soon :)
Posts: 73
__________________
"Keep abiding faith and you will always find me there to help you; to help you more than you ever dreamed." - Guruji
mike1yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:42 PM   #5
panthertech
Registered User
 
panthertech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 8
LOL Mike!
panthertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:29 PM   #6
mccoy
supernal user
 
mccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Italy, Europe
Posts: 6,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
McCoy, your fasination with Satan seems to me to display an imbalance. I think about 30% of the Gospels mention hell and satan. That means that about 70% don't.
Dave, more than fascination I would call it observation. It is all too evident that within the creation there is a malevolent intelligence which drives sickness. Cancer cells, viruses and all causes of mortality and malady undisputably possess an inherent, unconscious intelligence whose purpose is to counteract balance and well-being.
Satan stands out in mental sickness, particularly. The mental processes get deranged and the person at times appears to be under demonic possession, even when he/she is not.

Satan rules in this world but God gave us ways to fight the evil tyranny. Some of the medicines are within the vegetable kingdom and the food we eat.
__________________
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:41 PM   #7
mccoy
supernal user
 
mccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Italy, Europe
Posts: 6,784
Re. Ed Sullivan: I remember once Bro. Bakhtananda told a similar joke about a lady, a dress and the devil. It was hilarious, something like, she was overwhelmingly tempted to buy that dress, so she told: "Get behind me, Satan", but then Satan retorted: "Dear, but you look beautiful from behind", so she couldn't but buy that dress.

The joke is great but of course the way he told the joke was the most of the fun.
__________________
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:31 AM   #8
mike1yogi
Registered User
 
mike1yogi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: USA, Hiranyaloka soon :)
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoy View Post
Dave, more than fascination I would call it observation. It is all too evident that within the creation there is a malevolent intelligence which drives sickness. Cancer cells, viruses and all causes of mortality and malady undisputably possess an inherent, unconscious intelligence whose purpose is to counteract balance and well-being.
Satan stands out in mental sickness, particularly. The mental processes get deranged and the person at times appears to be under demonic possession, even when he/she is not.

Satan rules in this world but God gave us ways to fight the evil tyranny. Some of the medicines are within the vegetable kingdom and the food we eat.
I am not clear about Satan and Maya - is Satan maya, or is Satan under the influence of maya? (I'm thinking the latter, as God is the creator of all things) That Satan, Diablo, whatever, is real is beyond debate.

I recall reading Master saying that when you get very advanced, Satan drops all his disguises and just appears openly ( for ex. Padre Pio, St Anthony, etc.) But of course you have to be very advanced first....but still, Guruji will be there too
__________________
"Keep abiding faith and you will always find me there to help you; to help you more than you ever dreamed." - Guruji
mike1yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:35 AM   #9
mike1yogi
Registered User
 
mike1yogi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: USA, Hiranyaloka soon :)
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoy View Post
Re. Ed Sullivan: I remember once Bro. Bakhtananda told a similar joke about a lady, a dress and the devil. It was hilarious, something like, she was overwhelmingly tempted to buy that dress, so she told: "Get behind me, Satan", but then Satan retorted: "Dear, but you look beautiful from behind", so she couldn't but buy that dress.

The joke is great but of course the way he told the joke was the most of the fun.
Flip Wilson was very funny, but hearing a great soul like Br. Bhaktananda, who was in bliss most (all?) of the time, tell a similar joke - well, that would be joyful
__________________
"Keep abiding faith and you will always find me there to help you; to help you more than you ever dreamed." - Guruji
mike1yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:17 AM   #10
yogagirl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: France
Posts: 60
Mike1 and McCoy, I believe you’re both right about the ‘s’ guy.
If one does not believe that satan exists, which was my case, (as before reading the autobiography I was a staunch atheist- and during reading, I got my first spiritual experience), it’s not possible to advance onto the next level in spiritual progress without understanding this. It would be too dangerous, otherwise. I, unfortunately, being a doubting Thomas, had to experience this (definitely not because I was an advanced yogi, but because I was so unadvanced!) I can vouch that the guru and the third eye are the perfect armour! I can’t go into the experiences on a public forum in detail,
though.
BTW, thanks for drawing my attention to the existence of the stories of saints on Youtube. It’s probably better to become hooked on these than on other TV series. A time waster I’m allowing myself to indulge in these holidays!
Pio Padre – I like the bit where he seems to overcome his fear of satan, when he compares satan to the underside of the mother’s embroidery – chaotic and ugly, rather than harmonious. But I would agree with McCoy, there is an evil intelligence behind all unpleasantness and worse ( from which Master reminds us to keep a safe distance.)
I’m definitely all for using God’s harmony and intelligence in plants for healing purposes.
St Hildegarde was a great one for herbal remedies, so I was a bit disappointed, when I went to order a plant tincture recommended by Hidegarde at my local chemist and discovered that they ‘don’t do’ tinctures for that plant anymore.
yogagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:32 AM   #11
Philippe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoy View Post
Dave, more than fascination I would call it observation. It is all too evident that within the creation there is a malevolent intelligence which drives sickness. Cancer cells, viruses and all causes of mortality and malady undisputably possess an inherent, unconscious intelligence whose purpose is to counteract balance and well-being.
Satan stands out in mental sickness, particularly. The mental processes get deranged and the person at times appears to be under demonic possession, even when he/she is not.

Satan rules in this world but God gave us ways to fight the evil tyranny. Some of the medicines are within the vegetable kingdom and the food we eat.
I don't agree mccoy that Satan rules this world. Master says that is world is at the exact point of equilibrium between God and Evil.
Or we could say also that God rules this world : who created the plants to fight those diseases ? Then it's a question of choice.
Remember the story in the lesson of the disciple who would concentrate on a bull....
We see so many people, especially among Christians and Muslims, who are fascinated and only able to talk about the devil. Where do they go ?
Kingdom of heaven is now. For me it's one of the main teachings of Master, and we follow a sadhana to realize it.
Philippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:29 AM   #12
mccoy
supernal user
 
mccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Italy, Europe
Posts: 6,784
Philippe, of course I'll rectify myself by being more specific.

Satan rules in different levels in all the world, although he doesn't prevail because there is a balance, I agree.

Satan has been ruling unchained in Syria for years now. Satan rules in Afghanistan and Kuwait. Satan rules in the ghettos and in the discos, in the minds of evil people and even in the minds of good people when they yield to evil suggestions. Satan rules because this is a material world and our senses make us obdurate to the most subtle dimensions and pleasures.

Satan is prevailing because there is death and sickness, uncurable sickness which prevails over health and remedies. Sometimes medicine can cure some symptoms, avoid death, and the patient remains alive but disabled. Hence, Satan rules even more supreme.

I may sound pessimistic but this is the truth. Satan is being fought as much as possible, but until we may cure most diseases, wars, crime, Satan rules. Until there are boys and girls who instead of livign a playful and joyful life live in mental illness, or die of cancer or keep living paralyzed, Satan rules, this is undisputable.

Planet earth is not a holiday village, planet earth is an asylum where demons and saints are compelled to live together and too often saints can't do much against the hordes of demons.

'Optimistic' mode off. LOL
__________________
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:33 AM   #13
mccoy
supernal user
 
mccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Italy, Europe
Posts: 6,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1yogi View Post
I am not clear about Satan and Maya - is Satan maya, or is Satan under the influence of maya? (I'm thinking the latter, as God is the creator of all things) That Satan, Diablo, whatever, is real is beyond debate.
There has been a longish discussion on this, Satan versus Maya, we reached an agreement that they are two different entities and that Satan is male, whereas Maya is female.

I'm going to try and find that thread.
__________________
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:42 AM   #14
mccoy
supernal user
 
mccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Italy, Europe
Posts: 6,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogagirl View Post
St Hildegarde was a great one for herbal remedies, so I was a bit disappointed, when I went to order a plant tincture recommended by Hidegarde at my local chemist and discovered that they ‘don’t do’ tinctures for that plant anymore.
Never mind yogagirl, you can usually find some other herbal remedy for everything now, although the one sponsored by a saint is of course more appealing.

My next strategies to boost my natural, God-given defences are:

1- Eating as many hormetic and xenohormetic compounds as possible. Often they are present in large quantities in spices. Curry with its main compound curcumin is a very good example. Saffron is another. Every spice has its hormetic/xenohormetic compound. And many vegetable whole foods have.
2-forage for wild vegetables and berries. I'll have to be cautious on the former ones, possibly following courses. Mushrooms are dangerous, but again, by following courses I may be able to identify the main edible specieses
3-Taking herbal adaptogens to help fight mental and physical stress.
__________________
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:45 AM   #15
mccoy
supernal user
 
mccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Italy, Europe
Posts: 6,784
Re.: the evil intelligence of illness.

Cancer is a perfect example. It adapts by expressing certain genes favourable to its proliferation. It creates angiogenesis favourable to its nourishment. It bypasses at times the natural defenses.

There are millions of cancer cells at any given time in our body, which are being suppressed by the immune system, for example our natural killer cells. When the positive body intelligence is failing, due to unnatural living or toxic conditions or whatever, the evil intelligence of cancer cells prevails. And Satan consolidates his ruling.
__________________
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:56 AM   #16
panthertech
Registered User
 
panthertech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogagirl View Post
St Hildegarde was a great one for herbal remedies, so I was a bit disappointed, when I went to order a plant tincture recommended by Hidegarde at my local chemist and discovered that they ‘don’t do’ tinctures for that plant anymore.
Yogagirl - there are ways that you can make the tincture yourself if you are so inclined. I belong to a webiste called herbmentor.com, and they have lessons and recipes for all different healing herb tinctures and herbal infusions.

I highly recommend the various herbal remedies over traditional western theologies for keeping you healthy.
panthertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:08 PM   #17
yogagirl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: France
Posts: 60
Smile

Thank you, Panthertech,
It's a very useful website, indeed.
yogagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:36 AM   #18
Philippe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoy View Post
Philippe, of course I'll rectify myself by being more specific.

Satan rules in different levels in all the world, although he doesn't prevail because there is a balance, I agree.

Satan has been ruling unchained in Syria for years now. Satan rules in Afghanistan and Kuwait. Satan rules in the ghettos and in the discos, in the minds of evil people and even in the minds of good people when they yield to evil suggestions. Satan rules because this is a material world and our senses make us obdurate to the most subtle dimensions and pleasures.

Satan is prevailing because there is death and sickness, uncurable sickness which prevails over health and remedies. Sometimes medicine can cure some symptoms, avoid death, and the patient remains alive but disabled. Hence, Satan rules even more supreme.

I may sound pessimistic but this is the truth. Satan is being fought as much as possible, but until we may cure most diseases, wars, crime, Satan rules. Until there are boys and girls who instead of livign a playful and joyful life live in mental illness, or die of cancer or keep living paralyzed, Satan rules, this is undisputable.

Planet earth is not a holiday village, planet earth is an asylum where demons and saints are compelled to live together and too often saints can't do much against the hordes of demons.

'Optimistic' mode off. LOL
Mccoy I understand your point, in the sense that's it's possible to "prove it".
And you could demonstrate exactly the opposite : where do "perfect health", frienship, love, cooperation, heath restauration come from ?
Who created them ?

Again, Master states that in this world Evil and Good are perfectly balanced. When there would be a desequilibrium in that balance, it would cease to exist.

From my side, I prefer to see the divine essence in this world, and fight against the evil presence.
But I agree it's not objective. It's a conscious "on purpose" decision.
We become what we concentrate on? That's in the teachings, and it's very important.
Master says that we'reaching the goal when we meditate all the time. I prefer to meditate on God.
Philippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:28 PM   #19
mccoy
supernal user
 
mccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Italy, Europe
Posts: 6,784
Philippe, please correct me if I'm wrong but I remember that Master told that if absolute good or absolute evil would prevail in the world, it would dissolve. So relatives appear to be necessary in Maya. It may be both though.

Yogananda also wrote, as I quoted in my signature, that
Quote:
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
Basically, what I read there is that there is a continuos tug of war in this world between the forces of evil and the forces of God, and that the opposing generals are Satan's dark minions and God's manifestations.

I confess that I'm being pessimistic here because I saw the face of Satan a little too often lately. And I don't mean in TV or films.

But the ugly face of Satan has a purpose, its very ugliness propels us away from it.

And, as is the gist of this thread, God gave us remedies.
__________________
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.

Last edited by mccoy; 07-18-2017 at 03:08 PM.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:13 PM   #20
Philippe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 72
hello Mccoy,
I can only agree on the above post and specifically on this post :
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.

Both God and Satan are ruling this world.

I was also thinking of the quote where Master uses the analogy of the exact balance of force between centripetal and centrifugal forces, God and Evil, that allow the existence of this world.
Philippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:41 PM   #21
Dave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: London, UK
Posts: 499
God is in control.

It isn't quite dualism.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:03 PM   #22
yogagirl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: France
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoy View Post
My next strategies to boost my natural, God-given defences are:

1- Eating as many hormetic and xenohormetic compounds as possible. Often they are present in large quantities in spices. Curry with its main compound curcumin is a very good example. Saffron is another. Every spice has its hormetic/xenohormetic compound. And many vegetable whole foods have.
2-forage for wild vegetables and berries. I'll have to be cautious on the former ones, possibly following courses. Mushrooms are dangerous, but again, by following courses I may be able to identify the main edible specieses
3-Taking herbal adaptogens to help fight mental and physical stress.
McCoy, this is most interesting and inspiring. I'm looking forward to hearing about how you get on.
yogagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:17 PM   #23
yogagirl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: France
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
God is in control.

It isn't quite dualism.
I do believe also in vibrational medicine, like homeopathy....but my favourite medicine is...prayer - God direct!

The following is copied from this forum (dates back to 2005)

Guru Disciple Relationship
From the Spiritual Diary ~
Mahasamadhi of Paramahansa Yogananda

My body shall pass but my work shall go on. And my spirit shall live on. Even when I am taken away I shall work with you all for deliverance of the world with the message of God. Prepare yourselves for the glory of God. Charge yourselves with the flame of the Spirit.
yogagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:00 AM   #24
Dave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: London, UK
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogagirl View Post
I do believe also in vibrational medicine, like homeopathy....but my favourite medicine is...prayer - God direct!

The following is copied from this forum (dates back to 2005)

Guru Disciple Relationship
From the Spiritual Diary ~
Mahasamadhi of Paramahansa Yogananda

My body shall pass but my work shall go on. And my spirit shall live on. Even when I am taken away I shall work with you all for deliverance of the world with the message of God. Prepare yourselves for the glory of God. Charge yourselves with the flame of the Spirit.
I was meaning more like the dualism between God and Satan as if they were somehow co-equal. They aren't. God is good although He created evil.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:59 AM   #25
mccoy
supernal user
 
mccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Italy, Europe
Posts: 6,784
Dave, of course God is the most powerful entity and is in absolute control.

However, after creating the cosmos and realized the fragmentation of his intelligencies with the insurgency of the Lucipher-commanded troops, he chose to release absolute control and bestow free will of choice to the entities.
The above is what I grasped of the metaphysical cosmogony illustrated by Yogananda.

At this juncture, God is always potentially in absolute control. If he wants, Satan is annihilated. A mere thought is required.

To all practical purposes though, he still chooses to adopt the free-will model. So he's not in absolute control, he lets the events flow and intervenes only through his emissaries, the Avatars and the great saints.

When Satan is able to pursue one of his goals, he's in control, not God.

We have practical examples in history, whenever a demented tyrant goes to power: Hitler, Stalin, Paulpot, and so many others.

In the former Soviet Union, Satan was definitely in control, the thought of God was declared illegal and persecuted, the communist state was successfull in consolidating a materialistic, state-centered model of society. People started to forget about spiritual matters, being indoctrinated into materialism since a young age. The same I reckon is happening today in North Corea and, to a lesser extent, in China.
__________________
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.

Last edited by mccoy; Yesterday at 01:39 AM.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:34 AM   #26
mccoy
supernal user
 
mccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Italy, Europe
Posts: 6,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogagirl View Post
McCoy, this is most interesting and inspiring. I'm looking forward to hearing about how you get on.
Yogagirl, I can give you a couple of references which deal with hormetic/xenohormetic plant-based food, although they don't call it like that in the books. These are an excellent start, the suggestions all agree with the principles of Raja Yoga as outlined by the great Yogananda in his lessons. Both the authors are medical doctors with practical experience in their field.

1-Superimmunity by Joel Fuhrman
2- How not to die by Michael Greger.

You can also consult something online on Fuhrmans' 'G-BOMBS':

__________________
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:39 AM   #27
mccoy
supernal user
 
mccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Italy, Europe
Posts: 6,784
Whereas Dr. Greger's 'daily dozen' is a concept very similar to Dr. fuhrman's G-Bombs. There is even a free app downloadable.
All or most of these classes of foods contain hormetic/xenohormetic phytochemicals.

__________________
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:23 AM   #28
mccoy
supernal user
 
mccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Italy, Europe
Posts: 6,784
More on practical actions. These are recognized xenohormetic foods which everyone can start and eat now (I'm doing that everyday):

-curcumin from the turmeric root , fresh or powdered, raw and cooked (both is best). Must be taken together with piperine from black pepper to grant bioavailability
-Ground flaxseed, one to 3 tablespoons per day. A source of omega-3s and lignans. Must be kept in the refrigerator or freezer, or must be ground and consumed immediately
-Secoiridoids from EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil), Oleoeuropein being the main hormetic phenolic compound. The EVOO must be certified high-polyphenols, otherwise it's useless. At least 300 ppms total polyphenols. One tablespoon or more per day. The EVOO must be no older than one year, best if fresher than 6 months, otherwise the secoiridoids will be mostly oxydized.


The above trinity is a very good start for a xenohormetic regimen.
__________________
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM   #29
Always God
Registered User
 
Always God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 81
McCoy, just read through your posts here. It sounds like you have pretty well fastened onto a vegan diet. You appear to have reached the vegan/plant based diet from a health perspective. For me, I have been guided more by the compassion aspect. Still others in this general trend tend to focus their approach from the concern for the environment paradigm.

The synchronicity of the truth of it all, the master plan, is really interesting though. All roads do seem to lead to Rome! There seems to be no question that all three paradigms point to the one goal. There's often a lot of kicking and screaming, and laying trips, before some get there however. As we have seen here!

https://medium.com/lifelong-benefits...t-eacd6ad525b3

I personally do find the cosmological arguments presented earlier to be counter productive in the big picture. So much of the talk about Satan and his legions to seems be based on so little knowledge at the experiential level that it appears arbitrary and irrelevant to living life as it comes at us, in this moment, in this reality. Simply looking into the eyes of a new born calf contains the entire picture if we are open to seeing. Why the need to pit good against evil to understand the horrors.......

Last edited by Always God; Yesterday at 09:22 AM.
Always God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM   #30
Always God
Registered User
 
Always God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 81
Simply looking into the the eyes of another tells us the whole story.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg girlwithcow.jpg (49.5 KB, 1 views)
Always God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:06 AM   #31
Philippe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always God View Post
McCoy, just read through your posts here. It sounds like you have pretty well fastened onto a vegan diet. You appear to have reached the vegan/plant based diet from a health perspective. For me, I have been guided more by the compassion aspect. Still others in this general trend tend to focus their approach from the concern for the environment paradigm.

The synchronicity of the truth of it all, the master plan, is really interesting though. All roads do seem to lead to Rome! There seems to be no question that all three paradigms point to the one goal. There's often a lot of kicking and screaming, and laying trips, before some get there however. As we have seen here!

.
Many ways lead to the same destination. So true....
I had a friend at home yesterday who became vegan this year. He told me, to my surprise, that he didn't feel any compassion for animals.
His only concern is about the planet. He was convinced for this reason.

It reminded me of Krishna : "all threads lead to me...."
Philippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM   #32
Always God
Registered User
 
Always God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 81
Looks like Canada's 'Health Good Guide' is set for some changes.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle35728046/
Always God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:30 AM   #33
mccoy
supernal user
 
mccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Italy, Europe
Posts: 6,784
AG, my feeling is that often we make ourselves obdurate to the sufferings of other creatures, lest our petty pleasures and habits are undermined. On the other side, there are real reports of people whose bodies cannot tolerate very well a vegan regimen. Killing of animals seems unnecessary anyways.

I'm pretty good with this vegan experimentation, probably because of my recent foray into the science of nutrition and consequent acquired practical knowledge. I just filtered all the material into my 40-years subjective experience with a vegetarian diet and an healthy lifestyle.
I can make sure I don't miss vital nutrients now and weigh daily to check my weight. I only lost 2 pounds. I also use a custom-tailored supplementation strategy.

It may sound fruit of self-suggestions, but after my meals now I often feel the phytochemicals circulating in my body, energizing it and stimulating all the protective and regenerative God-given functions of the body.

It is also vital that we attune to our body intelligence, I have an hunch that maybe there is even a conscious or semi-conscious intelligence guiding the overly complex biological mechanisms in our bodies.

Diet of course is not all. Exercise, stress management, meditation, sleep, purpose in life, are all important parts to acquire and mantain health & longevity.
As we already know, the general framework, and some of the details as well, are all there in the SRF lessons.
__________________
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.

Last edited by mccoy; Today at 02:01 AM.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.