A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Welcome > About the Board

Old 09-23-2007, 08:54 AM   #1
jonsunde

Question srf walrus

what is your opinions about the forum srf walrus-if i am to belive them srf seems to be a cult with nuns and monks spying on ethaother.and that srf treat people bad and calling the mahtas bad womens-i dont now what to belive .but i belive they are rigt in saying that if u leave srf u leave yogananda i think many fear this-perhaps srf have never wrigt that but i am sure many think this way-
Old 09-23-2007, 11:30 AM   #2
pachiaammos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsunde
what is your opinions about the forum srf walrus-if i am to belive them srf seems to be a cult with nuns and monks spying on ethaother.and that srf treat people bad and calling the mahtas bad womens
What a load of rubbish.

Quote:
-i dont now what to belive .but i belive they are rigt in saying that if u leave srf u leave yogananda i think many fear this-perhaps srf have never wrigt that but i am sure many think this way-
Yogananda asks us to be loyal to SRF. But for those to whom He is Guru, He will be loyal to you whatever you do. Even if it takes you 5000 years to come back to choosing Him, He will not let you down. He does not reject anybody, he is a jagadguru, a Guru for the whole world, as well as the personal liberation Guru for me and some millions of others.

Fear has no place in Yogananda's teachings. Caution and prudence can be appropriate in some situations, but never fear.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:12 AM   #3
Jai Guruji
Thy naughty babe!

It kind of reminds me of another former disciple who has nothing but bad things to say about SRF and "the Matas".

What Wade said is right. What a bunch of rubbish! I would stay away from that site. I found it 4 years ago, I no longer return.

They do not listen to reason and the only reason it exists is to detract the teachings, be dismissive of disciples who stayed and negatively impact SRF and Masters teachings. Just another delusive force if you ask me.

Flies like to gather around filth. That is all I can say. Be like a bee that likes to gather nectar. (paraphrasing Ma)

Blessings,

Ellyn
Jai Guruji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:44 AM   #4
Delsol
Administrator

I agree with the above, but have to add please, please, please be sure when discussing this topic here to stay within the Tolerance Guidelines of this board. (Thank you!) To disparage a board that disparages others makes one board just like the other, and that's something we really don't want in this sweet space. Thank you for understanding!!
Delsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:50 PM   #5
iceman

I won't post some personal observations. The Master did
say than when we complain, we are with the world. Enuff
said.
iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:33 PM   #6
Jai Guruji
Thy naughty babe!

There is so much good to focus on in Masters teachings. Let us not give these things any of our time.
Masters teachings are so vast why not let us swim in the ocean of his unceasing love?

_/|\_

Ellyn

Last edited by Jai Guruji; 09-24-2007 at 06:34 PM. Reason: add something
Old 09-24-2007, 08:35 PM   #7
Snow Angel

I try hard to not intentionally expose myself to people or things that
degrade my beliefs, whether it be my spiritual organization, my family, or
my friends. There is a difference between healthy questioning and degrading.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:41 PM   #8
alta g

Bless them that curse you.

See your enemies as us rather than them and may the Lord fill us with peace and harmony....peace and harmony...peace and harmony.

May God bless us all
Old 09-26-2007, 06:42 AM   #9
mccoy
supernal user

A board made up by disgruntled ex-members cannot possibly say nice things about SRF, and is hardly what I would call an unbiased source of information...
mccoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:19 PM   #10
shane

Peace

We dont have to worry about such sights, if we live the gurus teachings and are loyal to our organization we will be free from maya. SRF has a solid foundation laid by our beloved master and we must keep it strong by living truth and love. Jaiguru
shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:16 PM   #11
jonsunde

i think what u say her us mutch rubbish srf is not perfect but many think they are. they are not .its a fact that many are not happy in srf and its silly to say that that have some to do with maya .i also think its silly to say srf is the onley one that can understand masters teatching.and that srf people are the onley one that have true love for master its stupied but thats what i see from beteween the line here.its fact that they have chanche some of the books the first eddition of whisperes are diffrent from to day why chance what master wright?many of u answar like cult members i know this to be true because i am a former cult member u denied all problems like cult members do saying there religion are perfect no religion with imperfect people can be perfect impossible .in evry rerliogions there are problems small and big why deny this?dont misunderstand i do not think srf is a cult but i think some from srf is blind from seeing the truth.they do not like negative stuff about srf.i think its ok to be skeptic and dont belive all they say.i dont like bad stuff about master but srf is not master and vis verca.master belongs to the world not onley srf.yust like jesus not onley belong to christians he belong to the world.christians are not the onley one that can understand and love jesus its the same with master
Old 11-11-2007, 07:36 PM   #12
blue cowboy

Paramahansa Yogananda's life mission was the founding of Self-Realization Fellowship. He said as part and parcel of following his teaching was to be loyal to the organization he founded. To do that may sound cultish, but in reality it is what he himself told his disciples to do, and so to follow him as Guru that is what many of us believe is right. We all know the power of maya to embroil us in this show and make it seem real, and maya's mission is to confuse devotees of God - even to a point that they forget their Guru and his teachings. Master's guidance regarding loyalty to his organization I believe is to keep them safe from confusion, forgeting the path and the Guru. By "maya" what devotees here are saying, I think, is it is maya which wants us to forsake the organization our Guru founded and thus fail in the guidance he gave for HIS disciples' salvation.

There is a balance of seeing the reality of imperfection in SRF - as it is made up of imperfect mortals - and being loyal, part of it. Much of Walrus is a misunderstanding, a spin, and a lot is just plain wrong. Before the Master passed, he gave the sole responsibility for Kriya Initiation into the hands of the future presidents of SRF. He said these people were already picked by Mahavatar Babaji and would have realization. He said that it would be the future presidents of SRF who would serve as his representatives on earth.

The Guru gave editorial duties to Sri Tara Mata, and thanked her in even his first edition of the Autobiography. Until she died in about 1971, she used the guidance the Guru gave to her to edit his works. He said of her, "She has never changed one of my thoughts."

There are indeed many TRUE paths to God, and I think Self-Realizationists honor them all, even those who've heard a different message and believe they follow Paramahansa Yogananda thru some other organization.

idf, bc

~Paramahansa Yogananda

Last edited by blue cowboy; 11-13-2007 at 08:18 PM.
blue cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:47 PM   #13
mccoy
supernal user

Jonsunde,
your thesis (An organization having a monopoly of a teacher is wrong) may be theoretically sound, but in real-life it turns out to be a mistaken concept.

I've been a witness of how the original teachings of such a great soul as Paramhansa Yogananda can be diluted and distorted by so-called "direct disciples" who let their mind be polluted by the satanic influence of ego, proud, arrogance.

So, Even though SRF may look rigid as the Catholic church is, it is a necessary and minor 'evil'.
Satan is ever trying his best to destroy our Master's work, since it is spreading light in the darkness which envelopes this world.
One effective method to undermine Master'steaching is to undermine his organization, which preserves the purity of his work.
The walrus board is a tool of satan, since it is trying to undermine trust in SRF. Some fallen disciples are also conscious or unconscious tools of Satan.
As blue cowboy very rightly says, creating confusion is a ruse of the devil (maya-Satan).
In the past I've been a supporter of one of those disciples who funded organizations and criticize the SRF board of directors.
Later on, I've realized how that fallen and disgraced disciple has deceived many truth seekers with his external bonomie which hides a heart consumed by many, many serious faults such as mendacity, lust, envy and desire of revenge.
SRF has on obligation to defend true devotees from such Judases and I feel, out of loyalty to the Guru, I myself have an obligation to expose the evidence I directly observed and is available to everyone.

The following part has been added later. This board's rules are the following (what should be not done):

Disparaging any organization, group, individual or spiritual entity through speech or innuendo – even if the intentions in doing so are well meant.
Posting links to any articles, web sites, texts or images that are critical in nature towards any organization, group, individual or spiritual entity – whether the information presented is ‘true’ or not.
Encouraging debates that focus on our differences in a negative fashion, rather than highlighting sameness in a positive light.

Maybe I'm a little off on the third part. Unfortunately, sometimes in critical topics debates tend to highlight differences, rather than sameness. The issue of purity of the teachings is sure a critical one, and is probably going to be the most critical when all the great disciples contemporary of Master will have passed.

Last edited by mccoy; 11-13-2007 at 01:52 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:06 AM   #14
blue cowboy

“Tara Mata (1900-1971)
Self-Realization Fellowship
Vice President and Editor-in-Chief

Describing her work with Paramahansa Yogananda on his writings, Tara Mata wrote the following to an acquaintance in 1937 (at the time, Paramahansaji was composing commentaries on the scriptures):

‘He gets it entirely from inspiration. In fact, it is only through him that I know what ‘inspired books’ really means. He will come to a passage which is so obscure that it defies all possibility of plain interpretation. He will look blankly at me or one of his other secretaries for a while, close his eyes, and presently out will come the whole plain meaning. I tell you it has been an education and a privilege to help with this wonderful book. My end is pure grammar, arrangement, etc. None of the interpretation is anyone’s but swamiji’s.”

And Master on Tara Mata: "Laurie is like a child: without guile, innocent, trusting, loving. But once she begins to see deviousness in anyone toward Self-Realization Fellowship, watch out! she is like a lion roaring."

~Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 11-13-2007, 02:21 PM   #15
mccoy
supernal user

The great Tara Mata gave trust to a former SRF vice president and was paid back by betrayal. I sure would go bananas for a thing like that.

I still cannot believe how the SRF BOD has been so magnanimous toward former monks who pettily tried to undermine Master's work. SRF in this aspect has really been like the rose which, when crushed, emanates its fragrance.

Unfortunately, Satan is not moved by pious acts and noble words or acts. So some unflinching reaction is necessary, by the word or by the sword, should it be necessary.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:18 PM   #16
Greg
Administrator

SRF BOD has indeed been magnanimous toward those who have tried to damage them. One of the most magnanimous (and least understood) things they do is not talk about it. Though these things are a big deal at the time, they fix it and forget it.

As BC has said many times SRF isn't perfect, but in my experience I haven't ever seen a more divinely attuned organization, and so many people who are genuinely caring, sympethetic and humble, so they are doing something right.

Making public talk about specifics of incedents invites inflamed feelings and inflated egos. We don't want that here. As someone who has been deeply scarred by religious abuse, I know what it is like to be a victim of so-called religious people. As you know there are places where strong emotions are welcome (or at least tolerated). Please keep those places in mind when discussing the "battles" and when talking about specific people, groups, incidents, etc.

_/|\_ "Cut through the chains of agency and perceive the Single Cause!"

Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:14 AM   #17
mccoy
supernal user

Greg,
you summed it up nicely, I'll stop here lest I'll start making the (obvious) names and run afowl of the board rules.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:13 AM   #18
blue cowboy

"Sorry for the rambling but I believe that in the '60s and '70s there were many who tried monkhood that were simply not cut out for it."

Simply put and I agree. However, drug use may have been somewhat of a uniting thread with some, but I don't think that was an overriding factor in any one person wishing to leave the Order or their bitterness against SRF now. The monastic order at that time had a quite long drying-out period before even considering anyone to enter (I do have a personal experience involving this which I'll share). I did post on Walrus - positively and asking people to be REAL and take responsibility. I was called a coward, hidden I'd say those things. I wrote my real name and challanged others to join in, asked if any knew me personally. Not one said who they were - even privately, and I have many, many ex-monk friends. My conclusion: They are not ex-monastics for the most part. I explained a few things they complained about from 1st-hand experience. They didn't believe me as they perfered to hold onto their bitterness - even though they dubbed me an "insider." Anyway, if there's a common thread to leaving the SRF Order I'd say it's karma, and then just below that catch-all I'd place desires and temperment (not spirituality).

Personal experience: I was a gardener and wanted to live at the Lake Shrine as a resident lay disciple. I had a meeting with Bro. Anandamoy one evening in what is now the Book Room on the Court of Religions. As he explained the drug policy to me and was going on and on about the policy and how he wanted me to wait a long time before becoming a resident. As he spoke, he acted like he was looking beyond me out towards the lake when he suddenly changed course. He abruptly said, "Yes, you can enter the ashram." I can only guess that Master interceded for me.

In the end, I wasn't cut out for it, but I have no regrets or blame or bitterness towards "SRF." I was given great meals, great rooms to live in, opportunities for great service to Master's organization and his disciples. I don't know else an ashram is supposed to give. I recall when Uma Mata joined the Encinitas Ashram I believe she was a teenager, she slept in very tight quarters. Sr. Gyanamata would regularly give up her room to guests and sleep in the laudryroom on a cot. Some come to love and give and seek God, others come to be "sainted," become ministers and be worshiped. They are inevitably disappointed and frustrated.

I've never heard of any child-abuse in SRF. In Sunday school we have policies in place where this shouldn't happen. A couple of ministers have gotten into trouble, but I just think things like that are bound to happen. People came and left when Master was in the body, and they come and go now. They also have desires and fall in love, etc. I'd say we are all responsible for our own spiritual life and attunement with Master; SRF isn't.

In the end, looking back, I'd have to say in every phase of my life has been the unmistakable mark of the Guru - giving me just the training and experiences, inside and out, to move forward. My contribution has always been a willingness to introspect and a willingness to meditate.

idf, bc

~Paramahansa Yogananda

Last edited by blue cowboy; 11-17-2007 at 07:26 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:19 PM   #19
blue cowboy

ps: As I said, I personally know close to 100 ex-SRF monastics. Of the 100, I'd say 99 have gotten on with life and continue their Guru-disciple relationship and affiliation with SRF. Some serve in Centers, Temples and Groups. They, including me, take responsibility personally for their entering and exiting of the SRF Ashrams. And exiting is generally a negative thing as the ashrams is a place of Light and worshiping God, however I know in my case it was the right move, and I trust in others' paths too it was the right course. For many, it's a temporary blessing - a reform school of good habits.

The 1 of the 100 isn't a Walrus'er either, but told me he follows his individual path now - so unsure what that encompasses. I have absolutely NO idea who is writing on Walrus. None.

idf, bc

~Paramahansa Yogananda

Last edited by blue cowboy; 11-15-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:18 AM   #20
pachiaammos

BC, would you share your impression of the main themes of causes why people leave SRF monastic orders? It has long been a puzzle to me that that happens and your news that there are as many as 100 ex-monastics shocks me. I am sure it is all understandable within maya..... and interested to know what happens that people leave.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:00 PM   #21
blue cowboy

100 was an easy number to use as a percentage of loyal devotees. A life spent in the ashrams is indeed a blessing, if only every life could be so simple and beautiful? Over 30 years if 3.3 left every year, then that would be 100. Very few live their entire lives in the ashram once entering. I think on reflection, I'd like to cut that down by 25 to 75, who I know personally. But as far as real numbers go, I really can't tell you. I wouldn't make it a negative thing personally or for the organization really. It's like marriage and sometimes it doesn't work out.

I think one theme would be seclusion, freedom of travel, to make decisions about one's life. Probably romance - desire for normal relationships, affection. Any thing that the ego notices big time while the soul would take little notice. This could be anything - not liking someone, not being liked, seeing flaws, disagreeing with decisions and rules - frustrations. The best monastics are those who have little outside desires and karma, that see the ashram for the blessing it is - a place to seek and serve God, but on this earth, and imperfect. Being "unfairly treated," and hey aren't we all?! What did Sr. Gyanmata say: "When I entered, some things surprised me, some things disappointed me, but I continued onward, from point to point until I realized the full vision of the Guru-disciple relationship." That's not exactly it, but it is exactly it. Whatever our vocation, that's our vocation. That's exactly why we're here.

I may edit this to include more themes.

But hey, all our good intentions and vows are tested. Brother Anandamoy tells a story of two men he knew during WWII. They both went thru the same experience during the war. One man grew bitter and was filled with hatred. The other man used the experience to grow toward God, and became filled with love and light - and happiness. Whether we are in or out, in any of the 3 worlds, we still seek the same light - the same goal, the same bliss. The goal is not monasticism.

idf, bc

~Paramahansa Yogananda

Last edited by blue cowboy; 11-17-2007 at 07:28 AM.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:35 AM   #22
Snow Angel

BC,

Thank you for sharing your experience, insights, thoughts and feelings on this subject.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:47 AM   #23
blue cowboy

thank you for thanking me.

I did have the thought a couple of days ago that I was spilling my guts here, and no one was saying anything. So I appreciate your appreciation.

Blessed Thanksgiving Snow Angel and all other angels here.

bc

~Paramahansa Yogananda
Old 11-17-2007, 11:13 AM   #24
astralflyer

I've spent some time on those boards, too, Blue Cowboy and I'm glad you wrote what you did. So much of what is said is of no consequence to self-realization. Every orginization is going to have ups and downs and SRF has done a great job doing what they were intended to do and that is spread Master's teachings. Some are bitter with SRF, but most seemed angry in general. Who cares how Master's name is spelled? It reminds me of those folks who call Jesus "Jeshua" as if to prove we have somehow been scamed by renunciate priests who want some kind of power over broken souls.
I've spent some time with other of Master's former disciples and found that their followers simply want to do things their way and feel an antipathy towards SRF based on that. Besides, SRF is a large org. and it's harder to stand out. Not all are bad men, but they were told to leave or walked away and still feel the sting. That seems to be passed on to some of their followers.
astralflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:03 PM   #25
jonsunde

srf is not yogananda yogananda is not srf,he is more then chache masters writings it more then yust the name they chanche but u are to blind to see it..i say agein u answar like cult members think u now it all.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:08 AM   #26
blue cowboy

I think it's great to have differences of opinion. A cult is an organization or group which worships one person - like Charles Manson. SRF, to me, teaches that we find God within ourSelves and everywhere. It does teach the divinity of avatars, and reverence for the Guru. The Upanishads do teach that none get back to God without the Guru. So, known or unknown we all have them.

Some have "heard" that SRF has changed, and that's enough for them. Well, it has changed; it's grown 100-fold. Any organization that grows like that has to operate as less of a family business and more a corporation. But that serves MORE PEOPLE. Ma said the Guru said that - that he wouldn't recognize the SRF work in years to come, but Ma said he didn't say that negatively, but positively in growth and numbers of members.

In all the years I've been in SRF and especially I'll say this about the SRF Board of Directors, they have done NOTHING but try to stick to the Guru's own directions about his teachings and the SRF work - including this directions about Tara Mata and his teachings.

Anyway, I respect the way you think and are. You don't have to believe like me. That's fursure. There's as many paths as there are devotees who trod them, and they all lead the same Place.

rambling on...

idf, bc

~Paramahansa Yogananda

Last edited by blue cowboy; 11-18-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:58 AM   #27
astralflyer

Well said, BC. You either do it or you don't. It's a razors edge.
astralflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:48 PM   #28
Snow Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue cowboy
thank you for thanking me.

bc
You're welcome.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:47 PM   #29
rasa
The it one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsunde
.i say agein u answar like cult members think u now it all.
From my experience, "cults" sometimes arise within religious organizations, but that does not necessarily make that organization a cult.

The cult mentality is; "you are either with it or against it". This would imply that being "against it" offers no relief from the cult.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:31 AM   #30
mccoy
supernal user

BC,
Personally I did not feel you were 'spilling your guts', rather analyzing impersonally the cause and outcome of an event, or a group of events (monks leaving SRF ashrams). By the way, interesting analysis, I too confirm my appreciation for such 'inside info'.

I might have entered, or asked to enter monastic life years ago, when I was free of bondages. I did not do it for the reasons you listed and some more.

Had you not entered the ashrams, you would have remained with that frustrated desire probably the whole life. This way, instead, you realized it was not exactly the way you wanted to serve presently.
It appears such a natural thing to me that maybe I wonder at the little number of monks who opted out over the years.

Last edited by mccoy; 11-20-2007 at 01:52 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:50 AM   #31
iceman

Thumbs up

Hi BC,

Great posts. My life is very similar to yours but one thing
I like about this board is that I can be somewhat incognito.

Remember in the AY that quote that ends..."but control
of the mind is better and more difficult" ?? I think it is
the "Idyll in South India" chapter. Anyhow, one of the
lines is..."you can wander through the universe incognito"

I think anyone who is bitter about SRF needs to look inside.
If you don't agree with SRF, move on. But to criticize
endlessly is a waste of energy.

Be Well BC!
iceman
iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:12 PM   #32
Swavek

My opinion of the SRF Walrus forum is that it is similar to this forum or any other forum -an online commnity full of a wide spectrum of individuals with all sorts of perspectives and insights and whatever else they bring to the table -positive and/or negative. The obvious common themes are Master Yogananda and Kriya Yoga.

There was a time when I used to read over many of the posts there, and also wrote some of my own. If you happen take the time then go to the 'main page' it says:

Quote:
"The discussion board listed above is intended to help those who have been involved closely with Self Realization Fellowship share their experiences and discuss the issues that often result." and also...

Those using this board are loyal devotees of Paramahansa Yogananda.

The board is not intended to be a source of criticism of his message or life. While it is often critical of those currently in leadership positions within Self Realization Fellowship, this should not reflect on the many giving loving service to Master.

This board is also not intended to promote any other organization. While we don't filter much discussion, we hope that you all will keep this guideline in mind. This board is for serious discussion. - SRF Walrus
It's not very active now (so it appears) and the bulk of its content were written right upon its conception around 2001-2002. But I will say this, though, if anyone dares or choses to venture into this place I recommend reading any posts by username AtThyFeet. I don't know who this person is, but really devoted to the Master, and the posts I've found are very uplifting creative and positive.

Though regulated to a very small degree, to my knowledge there have been at least some users banned and/or posts removed. Apprently they weren't fit even for the walrus!! I don't endorse the warlus forum nor do I condemn it.

Last edited by Swavek; 11-30-2007 at 05:50 AM.
Swavek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:17 PM   #33
Jai Guruji
Thy naughty babe!

I think that the balanced posts that you will find there were from people who wanted to give another point of view. It was not from the regular Walrus posters. AtThyFeet was a person who is still an SRF devotee.

It's not really worth wallowing in the mud going in that room when you have places of true brotherhood and support such as this one.

Ellyn
Old 08-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #34
YogaVoyager

Have mercy!

Some of those on the "walrus" seem to forget that
Daya Mata (Faye Wright)whose signature is on my
SRF lessons student card, is 94 years old!
My mom is 89 years old and simply doesn't get
around as well as she did at 32 years old, when I
first "met" her. I pray for them daily. My mom is
a deeply spiritual person who prays constantly.
I have sent her several SRF publications, and she
reads and likes them, but has been a member of her
two Catholic churches for over fifty years and isn't about to
leave now.:votive::votive:
Old 08-29-2008, 06:08 PM   #35
YogaVoyager

Hmmm...

Finally was able to log on to SRF Walrus.
Hadn't been over there for five years!
Just realized that the last post over there
was like.....four YEARS ago!
Just an archive now.
Namaste`
Old 09-02-2008, 03:41 AM   #36
White Eagle

the walrus

Maybe this is strange but the walrus helped me in one way.
When I've got internet I started to surf for information of SRF of course.
I've found different sites, one was Ananda. My whole world crumbled when I read his story; all what SRF had done to him.
After I start to read about Ananda itself and about the wrong things that happened there, I was completely confused. But it was a test, how strong was my faith inside.
Then I found Walrus, and between the lines there was a lot of good information for me, which gave me understanding.
The result was that I remained strong in my believe in PY. I go on meditating, following his teachings faithfully.

You see, even if it is negative sometimes it can get positive. It is the way you use the information.

When we believe in something and we go for it, certainly in organizations, there are all kind of characters, like in het daily life. It is very difficult to live all together. Each one of us has his flaws. Otherwhise we should not be on this earth. We should be perfect. We put our ideals in it and some of us get disappointed. And we react on these disappointments emotionally. When time goes by we get calmer and maybe then we see the golden line and say good it happened otherwhise I should not be where I am today. Organizations will be good for some and for some it is not the way.

Some have another way to go to get to the final freedom. We are blind we do not always see where the life want to bring us in the end.

Each one has its way to go, sometimes it looks bad outside and we judge, but if we wait and watch we can see that in the end it turns out for the good. Let us be openminded. In the end the whole lila play is perfect. Both sides can learn from each other.

Jai
White Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:25 AM   #37
Yogananda

SRF Unfortunately, Walrus there is not any more. I would like to know with pleasure who is responsible for it.
A "charitable organisation" must be open and everybody has to publish the right, her opinion, her experiences, her experiences with them. SRF behaves like a sect and pursues her "enemies" and fights against them with money, threats, intimidations, this are not a right.
SRF Walrus members were all members SRF, some 10, 15, 20 years, they know what they speak of. It is to be said blind: "We have overcome Maya because we in master's organisation are" this is bldsinn. SRF lives in a world of the illusions, in Maya. SRF holds the world "there outdoors" for bad and itself for "good" this is Maya!
In SRF there is no God achieved people. Everybody presents themselves "Sri" title, some even "Sri Sri" ("ego") and student distribute title, not gurus. How can students measure the mental development of a person? They are not able. To titles are lent by gurus, SRF has no more guru.
"Daya Mata" publishes books which are the notes of Paramhansa Yoganandas, while Yoganandas books wait more than 50 years for publication.
"One must forbear to see clearly. What you have before nase, you cannot recognise" (Paramhansa Yogananda)
SRF walrus members dear SRF BECAUSE they love Yogananda. They have refrained and can see clearly and recognise. They see that Yogananda does not mean SRF. The fact that "Daya Mata" Itself achieved is not addicted to power, egoistically, haughty, Greedy for money and not is modest a little bit. Yogananda has appointed except Rajasi nobody to nachfolger and has called Sri Durga Mata as "fortschrittlichste Jngerin". Daya Mata was to nobody zeit Yoganandas a favorite then, she took down everything what Yogananda said without listening on the contents. She did not understand what said Yogananda, therefore, her notes about Yoganandas talks are just weird, the reflexion of itself. In 1952 she has not known yet what is "Darshan" and master thought during the Mahasamadhi Yoganandas "wants to give me Darshan"!
This is the reason, why they do not understand Yoganandas talks, could not publish if, nevertheless, they have torn from the connection and only paper, without worth.
If you need, however, this kind of "holiness" without God, bittesehr, a lot of fun with Daya Maya. Yogananda has left SRF long time ago! Daya Matas Ideale of Catholic church, Kriya yoga as a baptism, his religion give up, 180 apprenticeship certificates (letters SRF) somebody prove try, Jesus and Krishna would have taught the same, were not the ideals and way Yoganandas. SRF is SRF like Scientology and Yogananda Yogananda is the universal guru.

Jesus and the guru and the Paramgurus reject the concept "Gurus of SRF". They are ONLY gurus, for Each!
Who loves Yogananda, SRF cannot love any more. Combine with guru and with God, not with SRF. God is in your heart, not in Daya Maya's a villa.
And the Urbane legends, SRF chairpersons would be self-achieved (The lie Tara Mata's). This has NEVER said Yogananda.

I am Paramhansa Yogananda
Yogananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:58 AM   #38
Delsol
Administrator

Welcome to the board, Yogananda.

Please read our Tolerance Guidelines before posting again (in the About the Board section). Your first post was not in line with them, so I assume you have not read them yet.

Old 09-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #39
mccoy
supernal user

It sorta sounds like the walrus site has closed and you'd like to reopen it right here!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:15 PM   #40
nativeearthling

No matter what is said about SRF, it is my firm belief that Yogananda created the SRF/YSS organization to carry on his work on the physical plane and even if he is no longer physically present, he is still in charge. He wouldnt have expended so much time and energy to set up something so complex and then leave it to fend for itself, possibly weaken, and become misdirected. To think otherwise would be, it appears to me, to underestimate what he really is. He is even more present around us now than before, now that he doesnt have to maintain his physical form. Hes still here and is aware of whats going on with SRF, with everyone in it, and with everything else around it.

Its been said that he already knows whos to come in the future to run his organization. I have complete trust in whats going on and what happens. Sure, there will be times when things get rough; were all full of our share of maya and karma (even monks and nuns who come and go or stay), which distort our vision of events, and how we think things should go, but Yogananda will always make sure that SRF and whoever is in charge will stay true to his ideals and purpose.

Jai, Guru, Jai
nativeearthling is offline   Reply With Quote