A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees  

Go Back   A Place for Paramahansa Yogananda Devotees > Discussion Categories > Power of Prayer

Old 03-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
Swavek

Prayers for me to win Mega Millions

The Jackpot is now $212 million and with your prayers and affirmations we can all win. If I win the jackpot I promise to take half and use it for charity including Yogananda related work. Come on yogis and yoginis!! Am I bad or what? lol

Last edited by Swavek; 03-02-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Swavek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
Jitendra

Location: Zanasphere and places where people laugh at themselves
Red face Since you asked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swavek View Post
The Jackpot is now $212 million and with your prayers and affirmations we can all win. If I win the jackpot I promise to take half and use it for charity including Yogananda related work. Come on yogis and yoginis!! Am I bad or what? lol
Swavek It was kind of you to think of me if i traveled in your area. i think you might know by now that while money speaks louder than words around here it doesn't even whisper.

Quote:
Jitendra next time your in the nyc area please contact me and lets meet up!!

Jitendra

Roadside Philosophy and Assistance... visit and mingle at:
Jitendra/Steve Hydonus at:
spiritualportal.net A spiritual forum.
http://stevehydonus.googlepages.com/ (Personal website)
ombabaji@hotmail.com (For CD's or information)
Jitendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #3
Delsol
Administrator

lol Swavek! Master says we must keep reincarnating until all earthly desires are met. If you want to be a gazillionaire, I'll pray for it! Might as well get it over with, right? But hey, it's my turn next, okay? lol.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
Snow Angel

Swavek--I hope you hit the big jackpot-eroo!
Old 03-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #5
Swavek

Delsol, Snow Angel, Jitendra and anyone else thank you very much!

OMG So I bought two ticktets and find out there was one winning ticket in New Jersey (my home state).. then check and I see I got the MegaBall and 2 numbers.. and another 2 numbers 1 number off!! No millions but $10 at least :-)

That's the most I've come to winning actually. haha So this prayer and affirmation thing had to have some influence! We just didn't pray or affirm enough. Personally I don't view money as evil. You can do many wonderful things with it and help people in so many ways, really. I welcome winning the lottery, but certainly don't rely on it as I'm working on my own creative endeavors. The only real way to success is to take matters into your own hands and well then "God helps those who help themselves."

But thanks again everyone!
Old 03-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
ashok garekar

Thanks Are Not Enough..

From $ 10 ,you Have To Shell Out $ 5 For Yogananda Devotees.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
Swavek

Quote:
From $ 10 ,you Have To Shell Out $ 5 For Yogananda Devotees.
Okay, well since that would be complicated to divide instead I'll donate $5 to the NYC Temple next time I'm there.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:59 PM   #8
shane

Ok your only going to give guruji 1/2, what will you do with the other 106 million ???
shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #9
Swavek

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane View Post
Ok your only going to give guruji 1/2, what will you do with the other 106 million ???
No I didn't say that, I said I would use half for various charitable outlets including Yogananda related work, whatever I deem fit. I would use the rest for myself. Pay off personal and immediate family debts, invest in worthy prospects like alternative energy and environment friendly businesses. I would help establish projects to rebuild roads and build sports facilities like tennis and basketball courts in poor areas in my native Poland. Plus it wouldn't be 106 million you end up getting like half of that after taxes and if you take a cash option. The winning ticket for the latest drawing was by an office pool of some dozen people so they end up getting 10 million each maybe. I'm not relying on winning the lottery I just welcome it and don't see it as an evil. I can probably use the money to get rid of some desires still lurking in my mind that I'm not in position to do so now, helping me move forward towards the Great Goal. I've heard all the horror stories of people winning the lottery I'm just not scared off by them. But when I prayed or affirmed this I didn't say say I want to win millions. I said God if you will it, then please let me win as I can use half the money for charity and Yogananda related work, as I said above. I don't spend more than $1-5 a week on lottery tickets if that.

What would you guys do?
Old 03-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #10
Snow Angel

Dear Swavek,

It would be so interesting and fun to watch you win a lottery. To me, money makes physical life more comfortable. I also have "God helps those who help themselves" firmly entrenched in my being and experience.

So big good luck and keep us posted! $10 today, .... well, who's to say what tomorrow may bring?
Old 03-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #11
Jitendra

Location: Zanasphere and places where people laugh at themselves
Red face Spiritual Materialism in Devotees

You haven't even got the money yet and you already have some of the problems associated with it!
Quote:
No I didn't say that, I said I would use half for various charitable outlets including Yogananda related work, whatever I deem fit. I would use the rest for myself. Pay off personal and immediate family debts, invest in worthy prospects like alternative energy and environment friendly businesses. I would help establish projects to rebuild roads and build sports facilities like tennis and basketball courts in poor areas in my native Poland. Plus it wouldn't be 106 million you end up getting like half of that after taxes and if you take a cash option. The winning ticket for the latest drawing was by an office pool of some dozen people so they end up getting 10 million each maybe. I'm not relying on winning the lottery I just welcome it and don't see it as an evil. I can probably use the money to get rid of some desires still lurking in my mind that I'm not in position to do so now, helping me move forward towards the Great Goal. I've heard all the horror stories of people winning the lottery I'm just not scared off by them. But when I prayed or affirmed this I didn't say say I want to win millions. I said God if you will it, then please let me win as I can use half the money for charity and Yogananda related work, as I said above. I don't spend more than $1-5 a week on lottery tickets if that.

What would you guys do?

Quote:
What would you guys do?

i spent time with someone who won the lottery. They had alcohol problems. i tried to help him spiritually. No success noted. God will take care of our needs. We (i) must develop faith in this truth. Let us beware of our desires. Usually the more people get the less they feel a need for God or his servants. i am glad the Lord has provided me with my needs and this has reminded me of that. Please Lord help me to desire your love and not more and more of your dream bubbles of desire.

Our true treasure is what we manifest from within. If we are rich with being we change millions. Money will not change peoples hearts only their mode of existence and many will feel no need to change any further. For most extra money is a hindrance to spiritual advancement. Why? Because they look for happiness in what they can get and do and not in what they are. My hope is that i may be a transformer of hearts, starting with my own and not so much a transformer of Gods Dreams except when he deems it so.

signed: Rich with Being

Roadside Philosophy and Assistance... visit and mingle at:
Jitendra/Steve Hydonus at:
spiritualportal.net A spiritual forum.
http://stevehydonus.googlepages.com/ (Personal website)
ombabaji@hotmail.com (For CD's or information)

Last edited by Jitendra; 03-08-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Jitendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:37 PM   #12
mccoy
supernal user

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljaweiu View Post
No specific date has been set, but Valve promies "in the coming weeks", so we are very close to new content.
Is valve a bivalve? with a Golden shell? Whose favourite pastime is spamming?
This world is ruled by invisibilities or ghosts: God the Father , Christ Consciousness, the seven Spirits before the throne of God; and Satan and his legion of evil powers - Paramhansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest.
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote